Has anyone completed a Ranked Run of this game without using the Arena?

ruadath

Just wondering if this is possible/if anyone has done it. ~50,000 EXP is a lot to pick up without grinding. I mean I guess you can just staff spam for a bunch of turns without doing anything, but that's not what I mean either.

Edited by ruadath

Melth did on his LP run on Something Awful didn't he? It was hardly LTC of course. Some questionable choices like support grinding with Alan/Lance in Chapter 1. But I believe that was more of a demonstration that 6's requirements are far more lax than 7's, having just come off that S rank HHM LP you're aware of.

edit; just did a quick scan through it and he says he's playing san arenas, as they make the game too easy/boring. It is more an LP than a superplay after all.

Thread is here fyi (hope the paywall isn't up at time of posting!); http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3716259&pagenumber=1

Ended up with 67840exp out of a needed 50100. Includes fun numbers such as Wolt at 1468 exp and Sophia at 1900. Wendy even gets some! So yeah, hardly an optimised run in any way, but hope it helps in someway.

Fair warning; he clearly went into the run being lukewarm at best to FE6, and all but loathes it by the end, and it clearly shows in his posts as the thread goes on, so keep that in mind if you were considering reading through.

Edited by Paused