Draft Crews Round Robin (Smash 4 Wii U) Teams Decided, Round 2

Jedi

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[9:36 PM] Jedi: @Batter The Beast @euklyd.ia any ideas on people I could bug for the crew thing
[9:36 PM] euklyd.ia: is @raven in
[9:36 PM] raven: yes
[9:36 PM] raven: i'm in
[9:36 PM] raven: put me in

this is lord raven not red raven ftr

Alright, we have our full 20, now its time for the VOTE OF THE CAPTAINS.

Alright listen up bozos, you have 4 votes, you may not vote for yourself or the same person more than once, the reason I did it this way is because of multiple choice dealilos being awkward to restrict to 4 choices.

You have till the 19th to do your votes, I'd rather only participants voting btw.

Edited by Jedi

If you want this to be interesting you should probably vote for captains by skill. Otherwise someone like Ice could end up recruiting me or some other high seed (just an example) and make it really unbalanced. Though I can understand voting for people based on leadership skill in which case Jedi or Eukyld are great choices. I will vote based on the former though.

I'm not too familiar with everyone's skill, but I ended voting for Dotty, Ice, Aura Wolf, and MrStardustRincon (have no idea how good he is, never played).

Edited by Knife

oh shit Knife signed up
there go my voting plans

Knife's argument for voting by skill is a good one and I was going to make it myself (I don't actually like voting at all I'd rather just rig things myself)
Democracy is overrated.

If I were to rig things, I'd pick Knife, Ice, Aura Wolf, and Dotty as captains, with an honorable mention to Tsunami. As it is, I'll just vote for them.

Also:
-SPEAKING OFFICIALLY-
Draft order will be RNG'd

Reminder of current top 8 tournament placings (T77Swiss is in progress, so that's not set in stone):

1. Jedi - Jedisupersonic [5th in JbF] [8th in T77Swiss]
2. Euklyd - Euklyd [5th in JbF] [3rd in RC] [6th in T77Swiss]
3. Carmine Sword - Sternski
4. Dotty - RagamuffinDotty [1st in JbF] [5th in RC] [5th in NMttMU] [3rd in T77Swiss]
5. Batter - lolinternets [7th in RoSF] [3rd in JbF] [7th in NMttMU] [7th in T77Swiss]
6. PeaceRibbon - PeaceRibbon
7. MCProductions - randomsonicvideo
8. Aura Wolf - Octaivian [5th in RoSF] [2nd in JbF] [2nd in NMttMU] [4th in T77Swiss]
9. Shezzy - muforfun [7th in RC]
10. Right_here - shadowdragon925
11. Raguna - legacysonic
12. MrStardustRicon - MrStardustRicon [5th in RC]
13. ~Summer~ - Jiac2001
14. ice - IceSage776 [1st in RoSF] [1st in RC] [1st in NMttMU] [2nd in T77Swiss]
15. Comet - Comet7
16. Tsunami922 - Tsunami922 [3rd in RoSF] [7th in JbF] [2nd in RC] [4th in NMttMU] [5th in T77Swiss]
17. General Horace - WAKKAWAKKAWAKKA [4th in JbF] [4th in RC] [7th in NMttMU]
18. Taav - TaavIsaac
19. Lord Raven - muhed
20. Knife - omar8193 [2nd in RoSF, by DQ] [1st in T77Swiss]

You can see for yourself on our Challonge, if you want. Note that for most of the players with placings by their names, tourneys where they're not listed in the top 8 are tourneys they failed to enter.

Some players have skill not reflected in these results since they enter things IRL or whatnot, but I can't account for those.

Edited by Euklyd

I also suggest that people make group PM's/discords/skype groups whatever is easiest for your little crew after the draft.

if people want discord channels on the SF smash server I can set those up, just ask me and I'll be happy to help

...Are you sure I can't vote for the people with the objectively best hair in their profile pic?

I mean sure but you can't vote for me all four times

if people want discord channels on the SF smash server I can set those up, just ask me and I'll be happy to help

Just make sure no one can invade those eh? Haha

Just make sure no one can invade those eh? Haha

I mean, me / Lord Raven would both be forced to have permissions to view them (since we're admins on the server), but I think we can be trusted to put them on ignore and not check them.

What is the contingency plan if people drop/go inactive like they always do mid tourney? Its not such a big deal when its 1 vs 1 but when your part of a crew that you get drafted for, it really sucks to lose a member partway through. I think we should allow people to continue signing up as substitutes just in case. And those of you who don't think they have the time/attention to see this all the way through should probably drop before drafting begins.

What is the contingency plan if people drop/go inactive like they always do mid tourney? Its not such a big deal when its 1 vs 1 but when your part of a crew that you get drafted for, it really sucks to lose a member partway through. I think we should allow people to continue signing up as substitutes just in case. And those of you who don't think they have the time/attention to see this all the way through should probably drop before drafting begins.

I have a few contingencies in the back of my mind, I think it'll work out, and I do have a few subs in the background.

Your captains have been decided!

With 12 Votes I bring you Ice!

With 11 Votes I bring you Knife!

With 11 Votes as well I bring you Aura Wolf!

With 8 Votes I bring you Batter!

Captains, My co-host Euklyd will rng the order, the draft style will be akin to that of Fire Emblem Drafting, which is snake style

So whomever gets first pick, will go, then 2nd pick, then 3rd, then 4th will get two picks, then we'll double back to 3rd, 2nd and then 1st pick will get two picks and so forth.

Also, give me your team "name". You get near free reign on this, but i'd rather them not be insulting or derogatory, etc along those lines.

Edited by Jedi

1st) Aura Wolf

2nd) Batter

3rd) ice

4th) Knife

Do we wanna do picks in the thread starting now or do we want to organize a time on Discord?

Here's your list of people to pick from.

Jedi

Euklyd
Carmine Sword
Dotty
PeaceRibbon
MCProductions
Shezzy
Right_here
Raguna
MrStardustRicon
~Summer~/Jiac
Comet
Tsunami
General Horace
Taav

Lord Raven

Seems as if most of the choices are going to be on discord.

Edited by Jedi

Here's your list of people to pick from.

Jedi

Euklyd

Carmine Sword

Dotty

PeaceRibbon

MCProductions

Shezzy

Right_here

Raguna

MrStardustRicon

~Summer~/Jiac

Comet

Tsunami

General Horace

Taav

Lord Raven

Seems as if most of the choices are going to be on discord.

I'm not in the Smash Discord anymore for... reasons, so if whoever picks me could drop me a PM, I'd much appreciate it

PLAYER POOL:
Carmine Sword
Comet - Knife
Dotty - Aura
Euklyd - ίce
General Horace - ίce
Jedi - Knife
Lord Raven
MCProductions
MrStardustRicon
PeaceRibbon
Raguna