FE10 Radiant Dawn Hacks Request Help

diezel4ever

I actually haven't played this game since late 2009 early 2010, but have been slowly getting back into it (I used to have a usb gecko back in those days). I initially started using the Ocarina Cheat Code Manager, which all I needed was to upload the text file and edit the code list. But I am looking for specific set of codes that aren't on there.

I was reading through this thread: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=18280&page=11#entry4497619 and there were a couple people that mentioned that they could edit Weapon Stats such as Mt, Hit, Crit, Wt, etc. Well, that's actually what I've been trying to find. Now, I am not the least bit hex/edit savvy as many of you might be. So I'd ask if it's possible, if someone might be willing to provide the addresses where each weapon's base stat can be edited, and in a way that they're compatible with Ocarina Cheat Code Manager (XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX). That way, I can inject the codes into Ocarina Cheat Code Manager and edit them the pretty much the same way as the other codes.

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help ;)

Edited by diezel4ever

Hacking FE 10 is so fuuuuuuun.

Anyways, I used to mess regularly with it, I even did some light patches(which I still regret not finishing my full mod, but hope I can continue with it soon enough) of the game.

So basically you just want to edit the weapon stats right?

Believe me or not that is one of the main reasons I started hex editing RD, since things like Mist sword being physical really bugged me, I could help you a little bit in that part if you want.

Now for the Ocarina codes, If I am correct you dont really need to know how to hex edit really, though basic understanding is recommended and a Calculator in Programmer mode definitely helps.

Before all lets state that the code is divided in 2 parts, each part has 4 bytes that are composed of 2 numbers in Hexadecimal each one, the first 4 bytes(or 8 numbers) represent where that data is located and the next 4 byes into what that part is going to be changed.

For starting lets use an example of some codes used to modify stats that already exist:

Double Bow has 10 Range [ShadowX39]
04B612F0 010A0003
The 3 is the +3 strength it gives, you can go above 3 and also do it to any weapon!
Double Bow adds +3 Magic, Skill, Speed, Luck [ShadowX39]
04B612F4 03030303
Double Bow adds +3 Def, Res [ShadowX39]
04B612F8 03030000
Here are examples, now it's up to you if you want to edit this.

As you can see the first part of the code is very similar, that is because it is pointing to the offset that is going to be modified in the game and since the data of the weapons stats is basically in the same place as long as you already have a code that modifies an stat of the weapon you should be able to alter the other stats without much problem.

Now, how to know if you need to add or substract some bytes? well this is when those hacking notes come in really handy, first lets see how the stats are organized:

00 C8 0E 5F 0F 05 2D 04 01 02 01 - Cost per use (first two bytes), Might, Accuracy, Critical, Weight, Uses, Weapon Exp, Min range, Max range, Unknown

Now observe the modify range code:

Double Bow has 10 Range [ShadowX39]
04B612F0 010A0003

First we need to identify some bytes, so we know that the code is changing the maximum range of the weapon so it is 10, now go to the Calculator in Programmer mode an type 10 when it is on Decimal, now just change to Hexadecimal and you will see that it turns into 0A, which as you see is the new value the code is entering.

So lets say now that you want to modify the other stats like the Critical, well as you see Critical is 4 bytes before the Min Range, so to the first half of the code just substract 4 to the last byte, which would turn into:

04B612EC

Now you know the first byte of the previous codes is the Min Range, since you know Critical and Min Range are just 4 bytes apart then that means that it should be located also in the first byte so lets say we want to have 30 Critical on Double Bow, first lest convert 30 into Hexadecimal:

30=1E

So lets put it into the code:

04B612EC 1E000000

Of course, leaving at 00 all the other bytes will mess with the corresponding stat, so change it accordingly.

This could be somewhat inaccurare but it should help with what you want.