• Setsuna
    • Oboro
    • Kagero
    • Azura
    • Felicia
    • Mozu
    • Beruka
    • Charlotte

Considering almost nobody else wants Orochi's growths, she's pretty much dead set with Saizo or someone who gives purely a magic kid.

That's what I've been hearing. I do have to say, Orochi!Sophie as a Basara is pretty fun.

Considering almost nobody else wants Orochi's growths, she's pretty much dead set with Saizo or someone who gives purely a magic kid.

I had a fun Levin Sword Kana thanks to Orochi once haha.

I'm just surprised how underrated Beruka!Asugi is tbh. +6 Skill mod is amazing. And he has pretty balanced Strength and Magic, so he could be a fun Lethality Malig Knight.

I'm actually considering trying this next time I play Rev.

I think it's more of a case that when you get right to it and want to have a nice pool of good all around units, some people will prioritize certain units with others. Asugi base growths are so good Orochi doesn't really hamper him. This doesn't mean that you can't try other moms, its your choice here.

I had a fun Levin Sword Kana thanks to Orochi once haha.

I'm actually considering trying this next time I play Rev.

Nice, I should try that when I'm out doing a random playthrough.

Edited by Raguna

I think it's more of a case that when you get right to it and want to have a nice pool of good all around units, some people will prioritize certain units with others. Asugi base growths are so good Orochi doesn't really hamper him.

Plus Asugi has that oddly high base magic growth.

Orochi!Asugi is terrible. Completely murders his speed. He deserves way better.

Nah it doesn't murder it, you keep a decent 50% in the Ninja Tree, 45-40ish otherwise, but generally he'll have a large base to work with anyways.

I personally didn't like the -3 spd Asugi received from Orochi.

I usually pair Saizo with Felicia if I want a magical Asugi without the -3 spd, or if I want a physical Asugi, I pair Saizo with Setsuna or Beruka. It may sound really weird but I like it because of the skill he gets from those mothers, without having to sacrifice spd.

Speed is super important to me. I'd rather have 2 slightly weaker attacks than one powerful attack.

Saizo already has a negative Speed mod (-2) so it's hardly much of a difference to me if Orochi (also a -2) nerfs Asugi's Speed even further. Orochi's benefits for Asugi are a strong Magic mod, a very strong Skill mod that is unmatched by any other mother other than Beruka and the female avatar, and access to the Diviner class line if Flame Shuriken ninja is not to your liking.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Beruka for that lolworthy 75% SKL growth.

Orochi's good on him for BR runs, but I give her to Odin on REV runs for 80% MAG growth Ophelia.

Plus I like Saizo/Beruka and Odin/Orochi's supports

Edited by Abvora

I use Sakura because I like Hybrid Units.

I know Sakura!Rhajat is amazing but she can barely land hits because of that shitty skill, so I typically give her Orochi who can somewhat fix her lol10% Skill, her speed takes a pretty big hit though.

Personally, I feel like my Orochi!Asugi works amazing. He's one of my favourite units as a Basara and proccs like crazy. His -3 speed wasn't too much of an issue for me, honestly.

I'm gonna go with Mozu if she's trained because she can pass down not Aptitude, but

In my experiments with the game I have made this chart for some children.

e76tQxt.png

Parents did not passed down any base stats so this is really just the difference in growths and how much they really affect over time.

Growths different matter very little unless the parents are in the extremes, Skills passed matter a lot more so Mozu passing down Quick Draw from archer works the best for him because Setsuna would just kill whatever advantages in offense you might want. Picture Asugi as an "in case Kaze got RNG screwed/kicked the bucket" button

If you want to pass high base stats then the parents need to be overleveled, or at least a higher level than the final level the child is going to have (after factoring in Child Seals, of course). They will also only pass down the stats they're high at. So the best mother Asugi can have is really any physical mother that you use during the campaign that at least doesn't screw up his physical offense. I wouldn't rely on his magical power, even if he has a good growth on paper since the base is just too low.