Random Jedi Personal best time on Emerald Hill Act 1

Jedi

I was just practicing for an eventual run for my channel and I ended up getting like my best time ever on Emerald Hill Act 1, its not as pretty or as awesome as speed runners but... Heck I thought it might be entertaining haha.

What was your previous PB, if you remember?

I believe it was like a dead 30 seconds haha, I managed to shave off 3 in that case (Not 100% positive), but like I notice on rewatching, I think I might be able to shave off 1 or 2 more if I get the perfect rolls/slope jumps.

Also that funky going through the side of a cliff, is kind of a hilarious physics abuse because if you're going fast enough some solid objects don't load 100% fully in time, thats like the only advantageous area I know of it being -time on though personally haha.

Edited by Jedi

27 seconds, huh. I think my best was 31 seconds.

Still a very fast time haha!

Very nice. I haven't done much sonic speedrunning, but I've at least beaten the achievement time records for some of the freedom planet levels.

I don't do much speedrunning myself tbh, I don't like doing the same thing over and over too much :P: also yeah I did those too, wonder if FP2 will have those achievements too.

but you should try speedrunning it! Or at the very least, if you wanna keep beating your personal best of something, you could watch someone else's too to help you shave off more time.

anyway, that sounds pretty neat

but you should try speedrunning it! Or at the very least, if you wanna keep beating your personal best of something, you could watch someone else's too to help you shave off more time.

anyway, that sounds pretty neat

I might try speedrunning someday, I have perfectionist tendencies however, that could lead to me tearing my hair out if I tried too many times unsuccessfully haha.

Edited by Jedi

I might try speedrunning someday, I have perfectionist tendencies however, that could lead to me tearing my hair out if I tried too many times unsuccessfully haha.

hmmmm don't try the actual speedrunning (like with timer and stuff) but practice until your perfectionist side is satisfied? :o I'm just a beginner speedrunner anyway so I dunno too much myself lol

hmmmm don't try the actual speedrunning (like with timer and stuff) but practice until your perfectionist side is satisfied? :o I'm just a beginner speedrunner anyway so I dunno too much myself lol

I'll look into it ^^, what kind of games are you learning speed running with anyways?

I'll look into it ^^, what kind of games are you learning speed running with anyways?

that's what the thread reminded me >.>

...rpgs lolol. And to make it easier, I'm also trying FE13 and 14.

that's what the thread reminded me >.>

...rpgs lolol. And to make it easier, I'm also trying FE13 and 14.

Aha, RPG speed running takes tons of memorization! I could maybe do it for FF4 & Paper Mario, but I'd have to plan optimal routes and stuff haha.

sonic 2=me watch

maybe if you used the rocket accel you would have gotten 20 seconds heuheu

Unfortunately, I don't have Tails & Knuckles to push me along :P:

Cool stuff. Kind of makes me miss the time when I was in a certain Sonic fandom forum and participating on competitions where we had to speedrun and get the maximum amount of rings, break the maximum amount of monitors and kill the most badnicks in the quickest time possible.

Cool stuff. Kind of makes me miss the time when I was in a certain Sonic fandom forum and participating on competitions where we had to speedrun and get the maximum amount of rings, break the maximum amount of monitors and kill the most badnicks in the quickest time possible.

Were there "bounce" contests too? where you'd try to get the longest bounce combo?

Also those of you who'd be interested in seeing more Sonic content from me, I am currently doing a playthrough of Sonic 1 http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=65331&p=4506154 as shown in my thread here or as shown on this video of course. Not exactly speedrunning but more prepping for Sonic Mania.

Edited by Jedi