Actual Character "Boons"

twistedxgrace

The character statues that you can build in My Castle are certainly interesting, indeed. I find them very useful for making my army as powerful as possible. That being said, however, I'm sure you're aware that not all of the characters' statues actually correspond to their #1 best stat, unlike the avatar's. That's why I decided to put together a project/study of sorts, on what their actual "boons" are/should be. I looked at every non-avatar/capturable unit's growth rates and stats to make my decisions (for the children, I looked at their pre-inheritance growth rates because that made the most sense to me. In truth, their stats can greatly vary and their stats with the highest growth rates may or may not be that of their represented statues). I hope you find it interesting.

Here is my project

Here you can find the game's character/statue combos for comparison

Overall, I suppose I've concluded that with very few units having an "actual boon" of magic, defense, or resistance, that it makes sense why the developers shuffled the units around. That being said, however, some of the choices they did make were still questionable in my opinion (Keaton speed? Subaki speed? Rinkah strength? Azura magic? Come on!).

Edited by twistedxgrace

I feel like a lot of them are probably based less on the characters' actual in-game stats and more on what stat seems most appropriate for them thematically, with attention to actually giving a reasonable amount of diversity in what the statues boost. Hence, for example, Rinkah getting Strength, despite her actual Strength stat being unimpressive.

Edited by Topaz Light

Peri's statue giving Resistance makes sense because she has a good Resistance growth (which still isn't as good as her Strength, admittedly). Hana's statue giving Luck doesn't make sense, IMO, since her Luck growth isn't that good compared to her Skill and Speed. Also seconding Azura and Magic; her Skill and Speed are way better, and her statue should've given either one.

I personally would've kept Oboro's original statue, since her natural Strength and Defense growths are equally good. Spear Fighters have balanced stats, anyway.

Hana's statue giving Luck doesn't make sense, IMO, since her Luck growth isn't that good compared to her Skill and Speed. Also seconding Azura and Magic; her Skill and Speed are way better, and her statue should've given either one.

Hana: you need Luck if you want her to survive in the game without benching her

Azura: waterbending and her singing -- she's basically like a mahou shoujo

Edited by Roflolxp54