Pokemon Snap coming to Wii U VC, in Europe

Jedi

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/15/pokemon-snap-coming-to-wii-u-virtual-console-in-europe

Pokemon Snap will arrive on the Wii U Virtual Console in Europe on Thursday, Nintendo announced today.

The Pokemon spinoff game was originally released on the Nintendo 64 in 1999, and now it's coming to the Wii U, but for now, only in Europe. Posting from the Nintendo of Europe Twitter account, Nintendo made no mention of pricing, or of a North American release.

Kinda curious why only Europe, and why we haven't gotten a sequel considering... the 3DS and U both have things that would make it feel more akin to taking snapshots, but aw well, hope you enjoy it over there in Europe!

Edited by Jedi

I'm pretty sure Europe also has Shadow Dragon, while US doesn't. Weird.

Snap is on the normal Wii Eshop actually, so US players can still play it, just not with Wii U controllers.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/15/pokemon-snap-coming-to-wii-u-virtual-console-in-europe

Kinda curious why only Europe, and why we haven't gotten a sequel considering... the 3DS and U both have things that would make it feel more akin to taking snapshots, but aw well, hope you enjoy it over there in Europe!

I was under the impression that Snap had more of a cult following that has only been vocal in the past couple years... I kinda doubt it's on TPCI's mind to crank out a sequel to a spin-off game from 15 years ago.

I was under the impression that Snap had more of a cult following that has only been vocal in the past couple years... I kinda doubt it's on TPCI's mind to crank out a sequel to a spin-off game from 15 years ago.

Actually, Junichi Masuda stated a couple of years ago that they get lots of requests for a Pokémon Snap sequel, and he, as a player, would definitely like to play it.

I'll say the main hurdle right now is that the Pokémon catalogue has gotten way too big (and it's only getting bigger), so trying to include so many Pokémon for a new Snap game would be a huge task.

Actually, Junichi Masuda stated a couple of years ago that they get lots of requests for a Pokémon Snap sequel, and he, as a player, would definitely like to play it.

I'll say the main hurdle right now is that the Pokémon catalogue has gotten way too big (and it's only getting bigger), so trying to include so many Pokémon for a new Snap game would be a huge task.

Huh. Didn't know about that.

Can easily imagine that last part playing a big role in things.

Huh. Didn't know about that.

Can easily imagine that last part playing a big role in things.

Yeah it'd be quite intimidating to make now, but I think they could do it decently enough if they took the time, but they obviously have bigger focuses right now haha.