Fire Emblem Sacred Stones - Weapon Reversal

Kobazco

Fire Emblem Weapon Reversal

Weapon Reversal is more or less a reskin of Sacred Stones that changes every (yes every) unit to a class they are weak to.

Both routes are finally done!

Disclaimer: Super Trainees will not work, do not attempt to use them.

New classes and animations have been added to compensate for lack of certain weapon types.

(I don't update the main post's changelog as often as I should. For latest patch notes check the what is likely the latest comment!)

54ab53c91cd03b8b3693ca0fbb83b06b.thumb.png.65b30b25284341932520fe8f3c9f319b.png39f342c4986f899ed60aa24b6a97599c.thumb.png.e065801a9d059e476f3a17acf4a5f93b.png

c6ea85bc1420daba8f8b9e9de58eb925.thumb.png.3aea5580adb1d506bb5d9a14195375c1.png

bd15fa95f05b4080a8444d9de8c4c7d0.png

nnim5FT.png

E0BGDkn.png

f9tOIYn.png

WqaoJIh.pnge235df90542b7a6d18e8eaae776432c6.png

f806b8be78b11bd5d76cb19648763a2b.png

ec827e7fb273a7e9dcd2b86ee4b73d4c.png

cddc1c5517e2ddfe9a59aa94b57e405f.png1e19263349.pngcf6ddf5ccd.pngd6a9aa8921.png0264c47b13.png5d42a11bcb.png2251fc1596.png9b185e8234.pngc4b6f4fb16.png21ea64acfe.pngbc90327acb.pngc884cd580e.png55551db89c.png

All (finished) palettes done by Datagne. Note that not all palettes are done for all units yet.

Units that have more than one weapon type are usually reclassed based on their highest ranked weapon. Example a cavalier with a D in swords and a E in lances would be reclassed to a unit using Lances. Units who use 3 types of weapons (Duessel) are reclassed as I saw fit.

I appreciate any balance suggestions.

NOTE: The game has been tested on hard mode, and as such I suggest playing on hard mode.

Changelog:

• All of Eirika's chapters are finished.
  • Dragoons now gain +15% bonus to crits much like Berserkers
  • Viewing a units stats will tell you their growth rates, press select to see them. Also includes a nice color code (Grey-Green) to see a small indicator of growths.
  • Pressing select during a battle will show you the "danger area", much like modern Fire Emblem games do. Press A while in the danger area to view healing area.
  • Fixed the Sword Bandit's map sprite.
  • Changed Ross's (terrible) animation.
  • Female Fighter animation added for Amelia.
  • All classes now have proper weaknesses (Axe Cavalier having weakness to Horseslayer, etc.)
  • Remember that terrible animation Ross had? Yeah thats gone now and has a better one in its place.

Video Previews!

Spoiler

New Animations!:

54ab53c91cd03b8b3693ca0fbb83b06b.thumb.png.65b30b25284341932520fe8f3c9f319b.png39f342c4986f899ed60aa24b6a97599c.thumb.png.e065801a9d059e476f3a17acf4a5f93b.png

TODO LIST:

• Portraits?

Document showing all characters classes: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SsLXaqpQak5m5Ku4WMTEwFfP6sbQZ2lTGbzysPBSfHU/edit?usp=sharing

Patch attached to post

Note about credits: Every custom animation (battle and map) is very obviously not my own. Full credits to the original creators, all of which can be found in the Animation Respritory.

Weapon Reversal.ups

Edited by Kobazco
New Update!

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks like a fun concept, I'll have to give it a try. How did you decide which characters would become wyvern/pegasus riders or cavaliers rather than myrmidons/mercenaries or soldiers? Also, where do thieves and archers fit into the mix?

If you chose by personal preference, that's cool, I was just curious. Sadly I can't check the document on my Vita, but I'll have fun being surprised.

Ewan is classified as "unclear"... What?

Speaking of, do trainees have proper super trainee classes?

I had a hard time deciding on Ewans class. He is a dark mage trainee. Also super trainees do not work. Don't use them.

Tried this out, it looks pretty good.

Some complaints, tho:

-too many axe users at the beginning. It's not a problem by itself, but having the hitrate stuck at 50% is frustrating. I suggest making Franz a lance wielding unit(he uses swords and lances in vanilla, so lances would have an advantage or be neutral, it should make sense in your hack) or add the accet to someone's inventory.

-Cutthroat's battle animation sucks. Please change it. I like the idea of having sword bandits, and the female mercenary map sprite is actually pretty fitting, but that animation is a no-no, which is a shame when the other custom sprites I saw are so neat.

-Please don't recycle sprites for the jurneyman, both map and battle.

Also, fix Valter's palette, but you probably know that already.

Tried this out, it looks pretty good.

Some complaints, tho:

-too many axe users at the beginning. It's not a problem by itself, but having the hitrate stuck at 50% is frustrating. I suggest making Franz a lance wielding unit(he uses swords and lances in vanilla, so lances would have an advantage or be neutral, it should make sense in your hack) or add the accet to someone's inventory.

-Cutthroat's battle animation sucks. Please change it. I like the idea of having sword bandits, and the female mercenary map sprite is actually pretty fitting, but that animation is a no-no, which is a shame when the other custom sprites I saw are so neat.

-Please don't recycle sprites for the jurneyman, both map and battle.

Also, fix Valter's palette, but you probably know that already.

Finding a good new animation for sword bandits has proven difficult. I'll look into different sword animations when I get home.

The journeyman only has its map sprite used, Ephraim has a custom animation. I'll reply in more depth when I get home

Edited by Kobazco

I'm really looking forward to this project.

- Will you change the name Jorneysman to Journeyswomam?

- No thiefs?

-Will Ewan be a light magic user?? He can promote to Mage or Shaman in the vanilla.But When promoted to Shaman he loses his Anima rank. So we could asume that his best weapon rank is Anima(I guess?). Or his promotion path could be either a Monk or a Shaman(again), or it could be changed into a thief and Knight,since his Speed and Defense growth aren't one of the best.

I'm really looking forward to this project.

- Will you change the name Jorneysman to Journeyswomam?

- No thiefs?

-Will Ewan be a light magic user?? He can promote to Mage or Shaman in the vanilla.But When promoted to Shaman he loses his Anima rank. So we could asume that his best weapon rank is Anima(I guess?). Or his promotion path could be either a Monk or a Shaman(again), or it could be changed into a thief and Knight,since his Speed and Defense growth aren't one of the best.

Ross's Journeyman Sword class promotes to either thief or myrmidon. If you want him to be a swordmaster, don't worry. All chest keys have 5 uses to compensate for not having a thief.

As for Ewan, the current plan is to have him start with Dark magic and promote to either Monk or Shaman.

The journeyman only has its map sprite used, Ephraim has a custom animation. I'll reply in more depth when I get home

I meant Ross's class, it reuses the myrmidon's map sprite and the cutthroat's battle animation.

I meant Ross's class, it reuses the myrmidon's map sprite and the cutthroat's battle animation.

Well for now, just think of it as a placeholder as we work on getting a new animation for Ross.

New patch out. This one is completed for the most part until chapter 17 of Ephraim route. Here is a list of changes

• All unpromoted palettes are now finished.
  • Gilliam has his promoted palettes done.
  • Franz is now a Pegasus Knight
  • Tana is now an Axe wielding cavalier that promotes to a Great Knight. Will add Axe Paladin at a later date.
  • Characters who still had their old weapon ranks in addition to their new ones (example Innes using bows and magic) have been fixed.
  • It is now no longer impossible to recruit Rennac, he will now run around the level randomly until you recruit or kill him.
  • Amelia's class now promotes to the correct classes.

There might be more that I've just managed to forget. Here is the new patch:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/jpfk1t98zf6866u/Weapon_Reversal_First_Update.ups

This will work with old save files, although I suggest starting over because if you don't Tana and Franz will not be their new classes if you have already recruited them.

perhaps, for the pegasus trio, add tellius/awakening's axe wyverns?

I wanted them to be more unique than still being fliers but with axes. While the overall point of this mod was to change people to have weapons they are weak to, I wanted it to be more unique by changing the classes of most people as much as I can to be different.

New patch. Here's a change log of all the stuff I can remember

• Boss of Chapter 5x now is the proper class and has right equipment.
  • Chapter 17B is now finished.
  • Female Berserker class is in the game now. Vanessa promotes to it.
  • Brigands bases/growths buffed.
  • Halberdier/Dragoon bases/growths moved around a bit.
  • Unpromoted monster classes have been buffed
  • Chapter 4 has been reversed (Monsters).
  • Eirkia/Ephraim promotions are in the game.
  • Siegmund/Sieglinde are their respective weapon types. (Axe/Lance)

Images! :

e235df90542b7a6d18e8eaae776432c6.png

f806b8be78b11bd5d76cb19648763a2b.png

ec827e7fb273a7e9dcd2b86ee4b73d4c.png

cddc1c5517e2ddfe9a59aa94b57e405f.png

New Patch :http://www.mediafire.com/download/tee3t3angttk95c/Weapon_Reversal.ups