Best Class Designs

NekoKnight

Throughout the Fire Emblem series we've had a lot of reoccurring classes and different art directions. Some games has flashy outfits, others plain, and others bordering on silly fanservice. Of the classes that have appeared in at least two games, what designs did you like the best? What game had the best class designs overall?

For me, I'd say the best were:

Archer/Sniper GBA

Nomad/Nomadic Trooper (Bow Knight) Sacred Stones

Mercenary/Hero Fates

Barbarian/Pirate/Berserker Shadow Dragon a record first for Shadow Dragon being the best looking in anything!

Fighter/Warrior Path of Radiance

Cavalier/Paladin Fates

Great Knight Sacred Stones or Fates

Knight/General Fates or GBA

Soldier/Halberdier/Spear Master Radiant Dawn or Fates

Mage/Sage Radiant Dawn

Dark Mage/Sorcerer N/A, they looked best when they were Druids

Monk/Bishop Radiant Dawn

Troubadour/Valkyrie GBA

Dark Knight Fates

Dread Fighter Fates

Pegasus Knight/FalcoKnight Awakening (Unpromoted) GBA (Promoted)

Wyvern Rider/Wyvern Lord Radiant Dawn

Myrmidon/Sword Master Fates or GBA

Thief/Rogue/Assassin Sacred Stones or Radiant Dawn (Sothe)

Dancer/Singer/Bard Sacred Stones

Bonus

Manakete Sacred Stones

Beast Shapeshifter Fates or Radiant Dawn

Bonus Bonus

What is the best looking class that only appeared in one game?

Ah, the agony of choice. It's a toss up between Revenant Knight and Grandmaster (technically appears in two games).

Edited by NekoKnight

Let's start "simple".

Lord: Does Ike count? If not, then Hector.

Cavalier/Paladin: Fates for Cav, Awakening for Paladin. Wear some damn pants, Fates Cavs! Special mention to that awesome critical animation the Tellius Cavaliers have. (I haven't gotten too far in PoR yet btw, just Chapter 9)

Knight/General: GBA or Tellius.

Great Knight: GBA.

Archer/Sniper: Awakening for Archer, GBA for Sniper.

Bow Knight/Nomad/Nomadic Trooper: Binding Blade/Blazing Sword.

Mercenary/Hero: Fates.

Myrmidon/Swordmaster: Fates.

Thief/Assassin: GBA or Awakening.

Pegasus/Falcon Knights: GBA.

Wyvern Rider/Lord: Fates.

Soldier/Halberdier/Spear Master: Fates.

Fighter/Warrior: GBA or Tellius.

Pirate/Berserker/Barbarian: GBA.

Dark Knight: Don't Fates and Awakening have almost the same design for them?

Mage/Sage: GBA.

Monk/Bishop: GBA.

Dark Mage/Shaman/Sorcerer/Druid: GBA. I count them all as the same really, even if Druids can use Staves.

Troubadour/Valkyrie: Awakening. Maribelle is adorable as fuck.

Cleric/Curate: Serra.

Dancer: Awakening or Sacred Stones.

Manakete: Fae.

Shapeshifter: Awakening.

Best one time class: Hands down Tactician. Not even Grandmaster, just Tactician.

Everybody looks best in Tellius to me. Literally. No joke. Particularly in RD. Those designs are so BEAUTIFUL and practical at the same time! I love the armor especially, so detailed with lovely trim and some of the characters' tunics have lovely embroidery.

Did you design them, Elincia, since that's your hobby according to the PoR book? lol

The Fates Hero design looks badass; only promoted class that works well on both genders.

PoR definitely has the least offensive Warrior designs.

And I freaking love the male Grandmaster design. The armor underneath the cloak is very appealing to me (though how it interacts with that game's overuse of bloom lighting isn't).

I would answer more, but I am on mobile you might fill out the rest later.

I'll tell you what is my favorite one time only class (which happens to be my favorite looking class). The Adventurer. They wield bows (my favorite weapon) and can use staves. They do sick flips and shit when they attack. And most importantly, they have a cool hat :D I am so bitter that your units can't get the Adventurer hat

Archer/Sniper: Fates

Nomad/Nomadic Trooper/ Bow Knight: Fates

Mercenary/Hero: Fates

Barbarian/Pirate/Berserker: GBA

Fighter/Warrior: Path of Radiance

Cavalier/Paladin: Fates

Great Knight: Genealogy/ Thracia 776

Knight/General: GBA

Soldier/Halberdier/Spear Master: Fates

Mage/Sage: GBA

Dark Mage/Sorcerer/ Shaman/ Druid: GBA

Monk/Bishop: GBA

Troubadour/Valkyrie: the first one GBA; the second one, Path of Radiance

Dark Knight: Fates

Dread Fighter: Fates

Pegasus Knight/FalcoKnight: Radiant Dawn

Wyvern Rider/Wyvern Lord: Fates

Myrmidon/Sword Master: Genealogy/ Thracia

Thief/Rogue/Assassin: GBA

Dancer/Singer/Bard: FE7(Ninian)

Manakete: Shadow Dragon

Beast Shapeshifter: Fates

Best class present in only one game: It's a battle between the Kinshi Knight and the Mage Fighter

Edited by The Wyvern Rider

I'm a bit surprised seeing people think Fates has the best Cavalier/Paladin and Knight/General designs. For males, maybe, but for females? Hell no. Fuck those ass windows.

In general, I've honestly always adored the Pegasus Knight designs. I don't care if most of them have breastplates and have skirts/dresses instead of pants. They're. just. so. cute!

I'm a bit surprised seeing people think Fates has the best Cavalier/Paladin and Knight/General designs. For males, maybe, but for females? Hell no. Fuck those ass windows.

In general, I've honestly always adored the Pegasus Knight designs. I don't care if most of them have breastplates and have skirts/dresses instead of pants. They're. just. so. cute!

The butt windows were initially what drove me away from Fates (I bought it later used). What makes it worse is that they also have breastplates that conform to the shape of their breasts (which is actually quite dangerous to the wearer). I suppose female armor designs that cover vital areas are too much for the current art director.

As many of you can guess, I am a Tellius fanboy, so many of my favorite designs come from those games. I do, however, like the nomad designs and the druids from the GBA games look awesome. I also like the dancers from the Jugdral games as they sort of have that playful cabaret/Turkish belly dancer look that I associate with the class (the dancer class is one of the few classes where more "fanservicey" designs are actually appropriate).

I was thinking of the generic portraits first, ie the male model. For proper female outfits, you're better off with Tellius or GBA. I never want to see battle panties or cleavage windows again.

Overall, I really love the Tellius designs the best. They've got awesomely detailed costumes and armour, and it's incredibly cool.

I do have to give a special mention to the GBA era Shaman/Druid/Summoner line, though. Those giant flowing robes are so much cooler than the awkwardly sexualized versions we have in the 3DS era.

I do have to give a special mention to the GBA era Shaman/Druid/Summoner line, though. Those giant flowing robes are so much cooler than the awkwardly sexualized versions we have in the 3DS era.

Yeah - one word - Niime...

I think the GBA overall has the best designwise for most of the units.

Best Class only in one game: Vanguard

OMG, this 100%. Ike's Vanguard class is so badass-looking! And the armor is my favorite color too!

I used to think that him having all that armor on just one arm instead of both was a little weird, but over time it grew on me. :P