Fates' soundtrack opinions (Day #22 - Obisian Ruler)

Michelaar

We already have a topic about the opinions on the characters of Fire emblem Fates, created by Roylking. I thought, why don't we make a thing like that, but for the soundtrack of Fates? I think fates has the best soundtrack of all Fire Emblem games, and I think it deserves a lot of praises. This thing will be daily by the way.

Day #1 - Abundant Solace

This theme is the generic mycastle theme

My opinion: This theme is ok. It is very calm, but at the same time, it has a certain charm to it. I still never hear this theme ingame because I always change my Castle music to something else, but it's still not bad.

Themes opiniated:

- #1 Abundant solace

- #2 Puppet's feast

- #3 Quiet Burn

- #4 Justice RIP

- #5 Petals in the wind

- #6 Spreading Shadow

- #7 The Water Maiden

- #8 Glory/Ruin

- #9 Past Light

- #10 Vanity Judge

- #11 Paradise (Light) and Paradise (Dark)

- #12 Alight

- #13 Oblivescence

- #14 Prelude to disaster

- #15 A brother's vow

- #16 Lost King's Supper

- #17 No Justice

- #18 Pale Star

- #19 Dusk falls

- #20 New power

- #21 Pray to the dar

- #22 Obsidian Ruler

Edited by Michelaar

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It fits MyCastle pretty well, so I kinda like it. I don't feel strongly about it though.

Edited by Gradivus.

I'm very glad this is happening. Fates' OST needs a bit more representation here besides us all listening to it.

Abundant Solace is good for what it is. It's calm and fits really well with the relaxing nature of My Castle.

I still change it to Oblivescence in my castle though.

Niiiice, good thing that I see that I inspired some people to make stuff.

As for my opinion, it sounds a bit good when you first hear it, but it's nothing memorable at all, and it'll become ok once I keep hearing it more. I still prefer the Tellius soundtrack more

Edited by RoyLKing

I'm not too much of a fan of this soundtrack, though I do think it fits My Castle. I do think it would have fit more if My Castle was more of a My Camp but I get some sort of military/base of operations feel from it. It does remind me of the over world map from Awakening and it also reminds me of the base music from PoR/RD. If they still had the narration sequences from the earlier games, I feel this song would have fit that as well depending on the information that was being given.

Day #2 - Puppet's feast

This theme plays when you fight Takumi in Conquest. It also plays when you are facing a generic Vallite general/soldier

My opinion: When I first heard this theme, I really didn't like this theme, because it was a bit boring. But now, I actually like this theme a lot more. It fits the vallite soldiers very well, as well as what happens to Takumi in conquest.

It stick with the theme Valla music goes for and manages to not trigger me.

It's good basically. Definitely not my favorite boss theme, but it's not bad.

Edited by TrueEm

Really does give the intense atmosphere of facing the unknown. It's a shame that I find the Invaders more annoying and bland that frightening. When it does play when facing Takumi, that's when I get nervous and the music does it's charm. "For the love of God, Takumi, Don't Crit, Don't Crit! *Phew* He activated Rend Heaven, he could miss th... *Crit Noise* Oh you son of a! *One Hit Killed* That last part was based on a true story in my Hard Mode Conquest playthrough.

I'm afraid I won't have a laptop available for the next 11 days. So here is a proposal:

I post the song of the day, and someone else posts a video of the track. Either that or you guys will have to look up the track yourself.

Abundant Solace:

It sets the mood perfectly and is a great base theme. I listened to it for a whole playthrough until I started changing it, that's saying much.

Puppet's feast:

Great atmosphere in that track, I particularly like how it plays during the Takumi fights in Conquest, epic foreshadowing.

I'm afraid I won't have a laptop available for the next 11 days. So here is a proposal:
I post the song of the day, and someone else posts a video of the track. Either that or you guys will have to look up the track yourself.

Sounds good.

Edited by Rxmonste

Sorry for no song yesterday. It was traffic. Here are day 3 and 4!

Day #3: Quiet burn & Quiet burn (Roar)

This theme plays in chapter 1. It also plays in the arena in my castle.

My opinion: I like it a lot! It gives me this arena vibe that I really love.

Day #4: Justice RIP & Justice RIP (Storm)

This theme plays in a lot of chapters in all 3 routes. It is a hoshidan song and in birthright's soundtrack

My opinion: I like it, but it really is not anything special in my eyes.

Will someone post the 4 videos?