Fates' soundtrack opinions (Day #22 - Obisian Ruler)

Michelaar

Whaddya mean, Past Light? It's not even 3pm!

Like the majority of the Birthright music, I really like this song. The instrumentation is amazing, and it sounds amazing.

And I think both versions are great.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ADORE IT!!!

No seriously this is my second favourite map theme with first being Alight(yeah I prefer Hoshidan music).

It just so calm but energetic at the same time!It's just AMAZING!

But I think I prefer the calm version better!!

Also it sounds weird when you play both versions together(or it's propably my timing that sucks and make it sound like that)

Edited by night-emblemer

Past Light

Holy sweet mother of Moses this is probably one of the best tracks in the entire series, at least the part that starts at 1.01. It gets me every single time and I always whistle along to it.

I didn't feel like doing the other ones.

Past Light

I really like this map theme; I'm kind of mad at myself because I haven't finished BR to unlock it. I find it a bit more active than Justice RIP, which sounds kind of sleepy and boring, so it gets the blood pumping when I actually hear it.

It also reminds me of Inuyasha, so there's that as well.

Vanity Judge: Between passable and like. The theme itself is not amazing, but it perfectly fits chapters with an oppressive atmosphere, like the Eternal Stairway in Conquest, where you have to fight your way to the escape tiles, surrounded by many Faceless(es?) that keep coming everywhere behind and above your troups. The Roar version is even more oppressing and stressful, with louder violins and a faster tempo.

Time to jump in after missing out on the last opinion thread.

1. Abundant Solace: It's rather calm and fits the general mood of My Castle.

2. Puppet's Feast: I like it; there's this sense of urgency that Valla is not to be trifled with.

3. Quiet Burn: Good for the sense of confidence of one of the Avatar's tutorial battles. It's eh, to me.

4. Justice RIP: One of my favorite Birthright themes. It also fits the first few chapters of Revelation well.

5. Petals in the Wind: Fits the support conversations it plays in well, as already mentioned

6. Spreading Shadow: Nice suspense theme.

7. The Water Maiden: A nice, calming song that fits Azura very well. Also has parts of Lost in Thoughts All Alone.

8. Glory/Ruin: No opinion, since I haven't gotten to that point of the game yet.

9, Past Light: Meh.

10. Vanity Judge: Does a good job of conveying a sense of dread.

Thx roylking. I have barely any internet here on vacation, so that's why I didn't show up. I'm back Wednesday, so could you please continue this until then? Many thanks!

Ps I can't update the title because of the useless internet connection. I'm at a cafe now. So I'm barely able even here to post this.

Vanity judge:

Initially, I didn't like it at all, but It's growing on me day after day and I don't know why It happened: perhaps It's because I started to appreciate the dark and oppressive feeling that It gives.

Btw, I like both the normal and the roar version.

Alight

This song fits the chapters it is featured on. It gives a sense of determination and triumph, I think. I also like the Storm version better. I like the Storm/Ablaze/Fire versions of most of the tracks in this game, so don't feel like you are the only one repeating yourself.

I'm starting to see myself repeating the same opinion over and over again most of the time.

Hey man, that's my job around here.

Also a really impressive map theme. I've found that I'm really partial to the map themes while the background music and boss themes don't tend to impress me as much so far.