Fates' soundtrack opinions (Day #22 - Obisian Ruler)

Michelaar

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quiet Burn: AKA the theme of losing your x4 resouces to a random crit and resetting the game in frustration.

Justice RIP: Why do these songs hate Arthur so much? Uh, anyway, it's ok, I guess. Nothing really too interesting about it.

Abundant Solace: It fits MyCastle, I suppose it is alright.

Puppet's Feast: I rather like this one though it is nothing outstanding.

Quiet Burn: Fits the Arena perfectly. However, I'm disappointed that we don't have a remix of a battle theme from the older FE's for the Arena. Some people claim it reminds them of FE6's theme but I don't hear the resemblance.

Justice RIP: The map theme grew stale rather quickly but I enjoy the Storm version.

Abundant Solace

Good background music, but little more.

Puppet's Feast

Forgettable, generic and bland.

Quiet Burn

Pretty nice.

Justice RIP

Aw yiss, now we're talking! The Birthright map music is phenomenal and gets me pumped every time, and this song isn't even the best one.

I'm burning for more opinion stuff, so why not?

Abundant Solace

Very laid back theme. Doesn't seem to have any leitmotifs from this game (other than a slight one that's hard to notice if you aren't paying attention) or any of the other FE's, so it's its own unique composition. While not particularly memorable, it's a nice, non-offensive track that you could probably put in a playlist while you're just doing whatever. For some reason (might be instrumentation, but I'm not sure), it sort of reminds me of the Path of Radiance barracks music.

Puppet's Feast

I don't think this has any leitmotifs, either. It's a particularly stressful theme, which seems to suggest both great power in the enemy and hectic confusion. It works well when it's only against Takumi, but otherwise it gets overused.

Quiet Burn

I think "burn" is apt, since I get super burnt out listening to this song while grinding for tons of resources. But it fits with the whole "arena" feel that also works with some of the grinding DLCs. It's nice enough, I suppose. Not sure if this has a series leitmotif, but I know it doesn't have a leitmotif specific to this game.

Justice RIP

A lot of the map music in this game is actually pretty good. This track isn't the best that Fates has to offer, but the name does fit the tone of the song in both versions. Though then again, I might be all burnt out on this one after getting stuck repeating two out of the three Mokushujin maps over and over again. It's one of many songs that contains the "Oceans Grey Waves" leitmotif (I know the song name, that's just what I call that particular leitmotif).

Abundant Solace: It's nothing spectacular, but It fits MyCastle quite well, tough I always choose another track.

Puppet's Feast: It's pretty generic and nothing memorable.

Quiet Burn: It really gives the feeling of doing a training or a battle just for fun, which is good because It's used only in these case.

Justice RIP: Boy, I love this track: It has a melancholy that fits the name and, in particular, the ninja maps, in my opinion. Plus, I just love it musically-wise.

Since the OP seems to be dead, I'll continue this instead of him until he returns since I'm interested in this thread.

DAY 5: PETALS IN THE WIND

This music plays during the support conversations, usually to something about happiness or so. I like it honestly since it fits the situation some supports are in.

DAY 6: SPREADING SHADOW

the suspense theme of Fates. A bit generic but it still sounds a bit good.

Edited by RoyLKing

Missed a few

Quiet Burn - Learned by Wyvern Lords at level 5: Besides almost being a skill in Awakening, it's fine. Not bad.

Xander's Theme Justice Rest In Pasta: Eh not bad either. Not my favorite, even if I do enjoy it.

Petals in the Wind: Nice relaxing and calm, works when it pops up in supports.

I couldn't think of a joke. Sorry. :(

Spreading Shadow, not to be confused with Tearing Shadows: I'm not big on these types of themes that play when something bad happens. So, meh.

Oh, didn't realize RoyLKing continued this thread, since the topic title didn't get updated.

Petals in the Wind

Another song that carries the "Oceans Grey Waves" leitmotif. Also another song that isn't particularly memorable, if only because it's very light and thus gets overshadowed by the more dramatic tracks in this game. It's purely to set a particular mood, though it does sound very nice. Even though I forget its existence, it could make it into a casual playlist.

Spreading Shadow

One of the generic plot suspense tracks, and one of the songs that doesn't carry a leitmotif. Sinister sounding, its sole purpose is to set the mood for a worrisome scene, so it fulfills its role. Aside from that, it's not a song one would put in a casual playlist. It only fits in certain places, and your daily life isn't one of them.

Petals in the wind

It fits the support conversations but isn't very remarkable.

I don't seem to be feeling very strongly about the soundtrack so far, hopefully that will change down the line.

Spreading Shadow

I'm not a fan, to be honest. In my opinion it just sounds generic.

Edited by Cyas

Roy mah boi, you're not the hero we deserve, but you're the hero we need.

Petals in the wind

Great support theme that conveys a calm, pleasant atmosphere as two people enjoy each other's company. It may not be the most memorable song, but not all music has to be.

Spreading shadow

"Something bad is happening" the song.

DAY 7: THE WATER MAIDEN

Azura's theme. It does sound a bit nice, and it is suppose to set up a mysterious mood toward Azura (but since I hate Azura I didn't feel any mystery around her), but it's a bit repetitive, I like playing it when I put my castle as a desert since it fits.

Also a note, my posting time will be from 4-5 PM due to school returning, just letting you know.

The Song That Might Play For Azura When It Isn't "Lost In Thoughts" (AKA Water Maiden)

I would've been more surprised if her theme didn't at least have one leitmotif of "Lost In Thoughts". However, that's pretty much all the song is; various repetitions of the "Oceans Grey Waves" leitmotif, with a bit of originality in the final dozen seconds or so. It's nice sounding, though. It could make it into a playlist if the recording you have only has two or three loops of the song. Any longer than five minutes, and it might get a little stale.

DAY #8- GLORY/RUIN & GLORY/RUIN (DEEDS)

This theme plays at chapter 27 of Conquest, chapter 27 of Revelations, and the fifth heirs of fates chapter.

I like really like this theme, it has lots of different instruments and sounds really great, and it fits the chapter too, and the DEEDS version is also very great with it's emphasis to the theme.

Also, can a mod change the title of the topic? That'd be helpful in attracting people.

Edited by RoyLKing

Petals in the wind:

It's calm and happy. Perfect for the support conversation where It sounds and It help to relax a bit listening to it.

Spreading Shadow:

Generic "someone is doing a bad thing" song.

Not a fan of it.

The Water Maiden:

It's calm with and quite peaceful, which is what Azura is(or should be, for other people).

I like it.

Glory/Ruin:

Now we are talkin'!

I love this track: Its instrumentation is fantastic and I love the constrast between the rather calm map version and the chaotic as hell Deeds version(This element remind me a bit of Chaos from Awakening, which is my favorite track from that game).

Edited by The Wyvern Rider

You Glory/Ruined my playthrough of Fates, Revelations!

It's pretty good. Of all the Revelations songs, its the most normal and sounds very good. Not my favorite track, again, but not bad at all.

EDIT: Forgot it played in CQ 27. Maybe that's why isn't not as meh as the other Revelations songs...

Edited by TrueEm

Glory/Ruined Story

It fits in two out of the three cases it's used. A sinister sounding theme that actually sounds cool. It does contain a lot of instrumentation, which sort of adds to the theme of chaos prevalent throughout the Deeds version of the song. Not really a song to add to a casual playlist, as it's anything but casual. And it doesn't seem to contain any leitmotifs.

Past light: I think I actually prefer the calm version of the song rather than the storm version. Overall it is one of my more liked tracks from the birthright ost because its a bit more upbeat than the rest.

Edit: I know I'm late but I just want to say a few things about Petals in the wind because I like the track. Its pretty much my favourite support ost. Very calm, relaxing and whenever you hear it you know you're going to get a heartwarming support which are some of the best kinds of supports. (I personally dub it Felicia's theme cause I think it suits her extremely well but that's just me).

Edited by Tactician. D