Fates' soundtrack opinions (Day #22 - Obisian Ruler)

Michelaar

Day #16 - Lost King's Supper

This song plays when you fight Garon in Birthright

And when you face Gunter in revelation

My opinion: It really fits Garon actually. Facing a mad king that is about to kill you. It's good

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day #16 - Lost King's Supper - I love the feeling of chaos in this piece and it's a fitting song to have for the final boss. I can just imagine what the composer was like with this piece, frantically waving his arms about like he was trying to swat a swarm of wasps, instruments blaring and the choir ominously chanting. One of my favourite final boss themes in the franchise.

Day #17 - No Justice

A Nohrian map theme. It also plays a bit in Birthright.

My opinion: It is actually pretty good. It gives that ''to battle'' vibe while the calm version is just... calm

No Justice is by far my favorite song in the game(s). The calm version is beautiful, yet somewhat sorrowful. I think it perfectly fits chapter 12 in Conquest where Elise falls ill and you only have so many turns to save her. There's a seriousness to the song urging you not to mess around, for she'll die if you waste too much time, but also a calmness that reminds you to keep your head and make the right decisions or anyone else can be killed. It also really captures the mood when you realize you've made a mistake and someone is probably going to die.

And the Fire version, just... when you sit and just listen to it, you can hear so much going on with so many different instruments. The emotion and intensity in it perfectly captures a rush out of the gates into war and enemy fire. Love it!

Edited by Delfino

Justice is a... No?

Once again, Fates brings another great map/battle theme to the table. Still not my absolute favorite, but we're getting warmer.

Edited by TrueEm

Lightly colored fixed luminous point in the night sky that is a large, remote incandescent body like the sun.

Er, Pale Star...

Not bad, for cutscene music. It's fine, but like with most cutscene music, it doesn't do well on it's own.

Lost King's Supper: Fits Garon nicely, especially if you somehow make the decision to battle him in Birthright chapter 12 (which isn't really recommended unless you grind the hell out of everyone).

No Justice: No idea why some of the song titles keep kicking Arthur around, really. That being said, this is still a good map theme.

Pale Star: Reminds me of one of the Awakening support themes (forgot the title). I find both meh.

A Both's Vow: It does Its job as cutscene very well, but I'm not really that fond of it.

Lost King Supper: This theme It's one of my favorite final boss theme in the series: the chaos that is generated by the instruments It's strangely relaxing to me and It's something that I csn't help but to love

No Justice: one of the best map themes that Fates has to offer, It gives the sadness and the melancholy that fits CQ perfectly.

Pale Star: Meh, I don't have that much to say about it.

Since no one's posted the next song I guess I'll contribute one:

Day #19 - Dust Falls

This is one of my favourite songs from Conquest. Great instrumentation in both versions and sums up the vibe that I get from Conquest's songs overall.

Also gotta catch up on one's that I missed:

#17 - No Justice - Sounds quite posh in the. softer version, I like it's transition to the Fire version. A nice theme for Nohr.

#18 - Pale Star - A decent ambient track for Hoshido. They're cutscene pieces overall have a heavy emphasis on atmosphere, which works well with the instruments of choice.

Edited by Naturesshadow

Dusk Falls

Holy cow this is one of my favorite fire emblem songs ever. I love how triumphant and proudly European it is, I love the melody, I love everything about it, it's my favorite map theme in the game. My only complaint is that neither version is really satisfactory to listen to on its own because the experience in-game is so amazing. I wish there were a version that started with that awesome strumming from the calm version and then built up momentum to transition into the fire version, that would be amazing.

Day #20- New Power

Plays endgame and class changing to DLC classes
This piece knows how to get me hyped for the grand finale. That booming sync, the echoing choir, the feeling of hope and determination to beat the final boss it all clicks so well. A very good piece to finish the campaign on. Also it's quite amusing to have it play when switching to DLC classes, making them seem like supernatural choices for your comrades (how can you go wrong with Takumi at the helm of a ballista).

New (Broken) Power

I mean, cool? It's a Class Change theme. What else is there to say?

How can you go wrong with Takumi at the helm of a ballista?

How about said Ballista being the worst offensive class ever?

Seriously though, that class is mostly meant for Support, which is not something Takumi wants to be.

New (Broken) Power

I mean, cool? It's a Class Change theme. What else is there to say?

How about said Ballista being the worst offensive class ever?

Seriously though, that class is mostly meant for Support, which is not something Takumi wants to be.

I'll be honest I haven't really tried out the DLC classes so how they perform is unknown to me. I just like the idea of crit happy takumi taking control of one of them and going mad with it. I did reclass Takumi into that class for a look at the aesthetics and stats in my finished Birthright run but didnt run it. I did notice it took his speed down a notch but the extra ranged attacks looked handy, but overall I want me killer Takumi back.

Edited by Naturesshadow

I'll be honest I haven't really tried out the DLC classes so how they perform is unknown to me. I just like the idea of crit happy takumi taking control of one of them and going mad with it. I did reclass Takumi into that class for a look at the aesthetics and stats in my finished Birthright run but didnt run it. I did notice it took his speed down a notch but the extra ranged attacks looked handy, but overall I want me killer Takumi back.

The class has absolutely disgustingly bad Speed, and it's Defense and Resistance don't fair much better. You really have to run Aegis/Pavise/Wary Fighter/Point Blank to make this thing work on the front lines.

It's only really good for using Setsuna's Yumi, since it's debuff works with the Ballista command.

Edited by TrueEm