Fates' soundtrack opinions (Day #22 - Obisian Ruler)

Michelaar

The class has absolutely disgustingly bad Speed, and it's Defense and Resistance don't fair much better. You really have to run Aegis/Pavise/Wary Fighter/Point Blank to make this thing work on the front lines.

It's only really good for using Setsuna's Yumi, since it's debuff works with the Ballista command.

Well that's a shame, I suppose the lacking defenses are made up by the long range harassment so good placement would do them well. The area debuff at least is pretty useful and the class itself would make an archer themed run pretty interesting. It's a shame that it's male locked though, would have been amusing to have Setsuna in one of them.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slime Ruler

I can't listen to it right now but I know the song.

Meeeeeh. Not a fan. Its just so... boring.

Whats weird is a friend of mine love this song and I have no idea why.

Also sry no bold and stuff, using mobile.

I like this thread, I won't let it die before we've at least discussed the recruitment themes.

Day #23- Guest of Shade

The recruitment theme for Conquest. In my opinion, it's better than Awakening's recruitment theme, though I'm not sure that it lives up to Together We Ride, With Us, etc. Then again, the comparison may be somewhat unfair, as this seems to be going for a different feel: while FE1-12 recruitment themes were high-energy, blood-pumping affairs, this theme seems just a bit more subdued. That said, it's still a pretty enjoyable song, and much more memorable than whatever Awakening's song was.

Guest of shade: The better of the two recruitment themes in my opinion. While not as hype as previous recruitment themes of the past I still enjoy it immensely. When I hear this theme I can imagine the relief and boost to morale the characters get when they acquire new allies for the tough fight they're battling. I think the biggest example of this would be chapter 10. Gaining 3 new allies with one of them being Camilla... Yeah I can't think of a better theme to play than this one.

With the lack of responses I kinda lost motivation to keep on posting songs. If any new ones are posted though I will continue to contribute my opinions on them. Speaking of which:

Guest of Shade - Between this and the Hoshidan recruitment theme I'd prefer the other one over this but this one still a decent piece for recruitment. Still has that distinct Nohrian vibe to it.

With that said however since nohr's recruitment song has been covered I'll do the other one:

Day #24 - Guest of Light

I really like the instrumentation of this one over the Nohr one. It really sounds good at the 1:00 mark, such a triumphant feel to it, it's nice, and overall I just prefer how it sounds in comparison.

Edited by Naturesshadow

Guest of Light

Very good. I prefer this one over the Nohr one.

They don't have the same aspects as older recruitment themes, and therefore have a much different tone about them, but they're still good.

I like Guest of Shade better, but that might just be because it is a bit more "intense" so it reminds me more of older recruitment themes. Still, Guest of Light is great, and the Japanese sound certainly makes it unique among recruitment themes.