Haitaka: A Wrecking Ball with Legs

Anomalocaris

I've been using a number of captured + generic's on my current Conquest/Hard play through...

Haitaka is easily head ad shoulders above and beyond any other possible boss/generic units you can capture.

Still, some other good ones I've found include;

- Kumeraga from Ch.14

Natural access to both Counters is awesome on an Oni Chieftain. He's basically becoming a beefier & overall deadlier Charlotte for me. (note: I did transfer him first to my Rev file in order to grind/give him some stat boosters - namely Secret Books + Speedwings to boost his otherwise lamentable Skill/Speed)

Counter/Counter-Magic/Death Blow and a forged Horse Spirit + a decently forged axe turns him into a one-man wrecking ball! (and he doesn't instantly fold to magic like Charlotte will without serious save scumming/Tomebreaker shenanigans!)

- Diviner w/Miracle from Ch.11

Saved scummed him on my Rev file + used a few stat boosters to make leveling him in CQ easier. Ended him as a Basara w/Miracle, Rend Heaven, Tomefaire, Heavy Blade, Veteran Intuition.

Again, another beast. He also ended up with epic Luck growth, making his Miracle skill actually worthwhile!

- Samurai w/Pass from Ch.14

Pass is imho, one of the best overall skills in the game. Again, save scummed his levels on my Rev file, plus a couple stat boosters to pull up his defense...

Astra, Vantage, Heavy Blade, Veteran Intuition, Pass. 'Nuff said! He's turning into almost as good a dodge tank as freaking Ryoma!

I can't wait to get further into my run, as I've got my eye on things like 'Rallyman', the innate Bowbreaker or Pass Kinshi/Falco Knights from iirc Ch.23, and there's some good Nohr path generics to capture on the hated 'Iago + Hans battle royal' chapter! (General w/innate Counter-Magic anyone?!)

This is the grand finale. Everything from here on out is Conquest spoilers, of course.

Let this be my last major update.

W48sxmo.jpg

First, Haitaka did some janitorial work in the Hoshidan palace. Gotta have the place looking spiffy for when the final boss shows up, don't want noxious puddles of sludge making a bad impression.

With the throne room nice and tidy, it came time to face off against the real final boss and secure a place in history.

xF3P9Gi.jpg

After carving a swathe through the endless horde of soldiers and exploding Faceless, the chosen hero of Nohr, Defense Daddy Haitaka, came face to face with Tacomeat, the rotting pineapple of death, for their final showdown. Tacomeat had already been shamed twice by Haitaka, but now he was equipped with a powerful new bow and the support of his clone, Mini-Tacomeat. This would be Haitaka's greatest challenge yet.

MeBcK5s.jpg

Tacomeat's clone is inconsequential; the final blow is laid, and Haitaka secures his place in history. Peace is achieved between Hoshido and Nohr, and nobody really gives a fuck that there's probably a giant water dragon who orchestrated this whole thing still at large, because if it ever decides to rear its ugly head here Haitaka will just kill it like he kills everything else.

And with that, I am proud to say that my Hard mode run of Conquest was a rousing success; I did what I set out to accomplish, and feel pretty good.

Defense Daddy Haitaka

∞ Battles ∞ Victories

Haitaka was hailed as a hero by both his old country, Hoshido, and his new home, Nohr. Many legends were passed down through the ages about the man who rallied defense when nobody else would, and struck down every enemy who dared oppose the two countries. Haitaka himself disappeared into the Outrealms not too long after war ended, to lend his talent to a parallel universe via its Logbook. However, it is whispered in rumors that right before leaving the land, Haitaka smiled and rallied the defense of his comrades one last time, just for old times' sake.