Help with some PvP builds!

Roxachronc

So I want to do some new builds for PvP.

As for now I recently acquires a bond unit with Fiery Blood and +SPD/-DEF mods, so this is my current planned build:

Phoenix

Class: Elite Ninja

Boots:2

PS: Fiery Blood

-Galeforce

-Awakening

-Lucky Seven

-Vantage

-Vengeance

All stats are going to be maxed since statue bond unit abuse exist.

The current goal of the set is to kill 2 unit with Sacrifical Knife so I am at %40 to trigger Fiery Blood, Vantage, Awakening and stack damage with Vengeance, Lucky Seven stacks with Awakening effectively giving me 50+hit and 50+avoid so I am able to be an effective dodgetank and deal with breakers if I need to.

Others ways exist such as attacking on purpose at close range to go down to less than %50 an ending with Kagero Dart since it gives a +20 avoid.

What do you think about the overall set? Dunno if I should change something.

The other currently build I am aiming for is an Icy Blood, since it took me like 3 consecutive days to obtain the Fiery Blood BU as I wanted I may just use Flora instead, of course maybe also logbook abuse.

Though currently I think I may go for something like this:

Flora

Boots:?

PS: Icy Blood

-Wary Fighter

-Counter

-Countermagic

-Warp

-Replicate

Or something like that.

If someone has an interesting build aside from Zerk Rush spam and you dont mind sharing it please tell me.

Vengeance isn't really worth it in my opinion. Let's say you decrease your health by 60% with the sacrifical knife. That's 23 health if I'm not mistaken (the game rounds it down). This means Vengeance will grant 16 additional damage after you've killed two people, and 8 after you've killed one. That's a lot of setup for an incredibly small damage boost. Phoenix will get countered by bulky units, you should swap it for a different skill.

If you like Vengeance for the proc rate, Breaking Sky grants you a huge boost when fighting Generals because of their huge strenght. Luna is good too, Astra is more useful when paired up but you could use it anyways.

Also keep in mind that while your avoid should help you dodge most tome and sword users, you'll never be able to dodge bows without a Sunrise Katana, and even then it'll be hard due to their high skill.

Your speed will be 35(Ninja Cap) + 10(Statues) + 4(Speed Mod) + 2(Tonic) = 51. Avoid is [(Speedx3)+Luck]/2, assuming you'll have maxed luck (37 with Tonic) your avoid will be 100 (Elite Ninja bonus included), 123 if using Kagero's Dart. Add Awakening and Lucky Seven to get 173 avoid. While that's not bad, Quixotic or Certain Blow will counter you hard. I recommend bringing a RallyBot Laslow to get a +7 speed +10 luck, which will help your avoid a lot and also increase your killpower. Still, Draconic Hex Generals will be your bane.

Just wanted to give you a couple of tips, overall I can see it working, good luck with Phoenix and be sure to test the build to find the best setup, since mine is just theory crafting.

Edit: Fixed math (hopefully)

Edited by Petersheikah

Vengeance isn't really worth it in my opinion. Let's say you decrease your health by 60% with the sacrifical knife. That's 23 health if I'm not mistaken (the game rounds it down). This means Vengeance will grant 16 additional damage after you've killed two people, and 8 after you've killed one. That's a lot of setup for an incredibly small damage boost. Phoenix will get countered by bulky units, you should swap it for a different skill.

If you like Vengeance for the proc rate, Breaking Sky grants you a huge boost when fighting Generals because of their huge strenght. Luna is good too, Astra is more useful when paired up but you could use it anyways.

Also keep in mind that while your avoid should help you dodge most tome and sword users, you'll never be able to dodge bows without a Sunrise Katana, and even then it'll be hard due to their high skill.

Your speed will be 35(Ninja Cap) + 10(Statues) + 4(Speed Mod) + 2(Tonic) = 51. Avoid is [(Speedx3)+Luck]/2, assuming you'll have maxed luck (37 with Tonic) your avoid will be 100 (Elite Ninja bonus included), 123 if using Kagero's Dart. Add Awakening and Lucky Seven to get 173 avoid. While that's not bad, Quixotic or Certain Blow will counter you hard. I recommend bringing a RallyBot Laslow to get a +7 speed +10 luck, which will help your avoid a lot and also increase your killpower. Still, Draconic Hex Generals will be your bane.

Just wanted to give you a couple of tips, overall I can see it working, good luck with Phoenix and be sure to test the build to find the best setup, since mine is just theory crafting.

Edit: Fixed math (hopefully)

Well the set has been working pretty well.

The set is more for versatility than aiming to be a dedicated role, for example against problematic sets like Quixotic or Certain Blow one I usually debuff them and let other unit handle it, this build also helps against other dodgetanking builds like Josephine and Ninetails, since Awakening+Lucky Seven negate Shurikenbreaker, can attack from 2 range without them retaliating, have weapon advantage,etc.

It is a nice dodgetank that helps to kill other dodgetanks, and also can support with debuffing.

Yeah Inigo/Laslow definitely helps, also after the galeforce activates I usually Warp my MU clone to pair up with it so its speed becomes much higher.

Vengeance has its perks, altough some times deals lower damage than Rend Heaven is usually more consistent when set up, and with the incredible crazy high skill+ Awakening crtting occurs almost every battle which adds with Vengeance ~14 damage and Flame Blood which usually leads to a kill, so the added extra damage is much less note worthy than when the times it does less damage than Vengeance.

Bowbreaker could be great against Snipers though, but need to test since Vengeance has been giving me some important kills.

Thanks for the post btw dude