So the Pokemon XYZ anime is getting large amounts of flack recently.

IceBrand

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, perhaps next time will be the one.

Other than pulling another Hoenn/Unova where he doesn't advance a league tier, he will be champion in the next if he has now made it to Top 2.

Then again, perhaps I'm too optimistic about it...

WHY DID CHARIZARD LIVE FROM THAT SHURIKEN

this is why i don't watch pokemon. at least it has good graphics now.

Edited by Comet

For the record, Ash had no supereffective moves, while Alain did. Charizard has been fully evolved since the beginning of the series and has been constantly fighting against other Mega Evolving Pokemon, meaning it's much stronger than Greninja.

Edited by TrueEm

This isn't really that surprising, frankly. It's what always happens, and I guess I'm just kinda resigned to it at this point.

Honestly, they should've just had Ash step back after Johto and become a more experienced mentor to a new greenhorn trainer (May being the obvious choice for Hoenn at least). That way they could've kept him on the show without having to flush his character development down the toilet in order to have a character less experienced Pokémon fans can relate to.

Edited by Topaz Light

Honestly, they should've just had Ash step back after Johto and become a more experienced mentor to a new greenhorn trainer (May being the obvious choice for Hoenn at least). That way they could've kept him on the show without having to flush his character development down the toilet in order to have a character less experienced Pokémon fans can relate to.

Nah gotta have the harem

Fair dos to Pikachu, for making a Tyranitar and a Metagross look like jobbers. And shame on Noivern and Goodra for doing absolutely nothing.

The whole fight was pretty good, to be honest. It's a bit crap to see Ash-Greninga get this huge build-up, only to get punked on by Charizard. Especially when it was completely decimating Diantha's Mega-Gardevoir in that one battle.

Serious question here: how many people cared when Greninja defeated that one guy's Mega Sceptile in Ash's previous round? You know, with Greninja having a typing disadvantage and all :P:

I've decided that typing just doesn't exist in the anime, unless it wants to.

I feel like Ash will win when Pokémon is done once and for all.

At the end of the day, the anime and games go hand-in-hand in order to promote each other. Ash goes to a new region, sees all the new pokémon that you can buy as plushies and are catchable in the new game that's available in stores right now. And when Ash becomes the very best, like no one ever was, the goal of the whole series is done.

Sure, they can be like "I have to conquer every region!" but then there's no tension, because Ash is a Champion now, unless they want to enrage fans like they did with the start of Black and White where he's losing to Bug Catchers and Gym Leaders. Plus he'll stop being reletable to one of their demographics, young kids who also want to be the very best.

But hey, I haven't watched the anime in a very long time, so maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree with all this.

I didn't really expect Ash to win, as Alain fought against Steven, a trainer Ash never fought against at all, and beat Mega Metagross. Being that the Anime loosely followed Emerald, Platinum(with HG/SS cameo), Black and White 2, and Kalos's postponed content, Ash never was going to fight Steven at all. What I would hope is that Alain might take over as Ash's rival, because he feels like something Ash has to overcome, much like Gary was until the fight on Mt. Silver.