What do you like the most about your least favourite Fire Emblem game?

NJ7009

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fire Emblem Fates: Introduced a bunch of cool new classes and skills, and, as I've said many times before, did a stellar job of giving Knives the buffing and reworking they desperately needed to be worth having in the series.

My least favourite is Awakening (Mainly because I've played that and the GBA FEs and I preferred Binding Blade, Rekka no Ken and Sacred Stones)

But my favourite part about it was probably Robin, mainly because I could put myself in the game and actually use myself as a unit

Fire Emblem 1:

This. It's one of my favorite player phase themes ever. It's just so upbeat and adorable! And all of the remakes replaced it with this vastly inferior knockoff for no discernible reason:

Honestly, Shadow Dragon would be my least favorite, but there's no denying that the original has aged incredibly poorly to the point where I can't even bring myself to play it. I could at least bring myself to finish FE11.

Fates: Revelations - Other than the standard Fire Emblem gameplay I've come to love, I can't think of anything specifically.

Actually, they brought back one of my favorite chapters in the series as DLC, Elincia's Gambit. I like that, even if the ledge mechanic was removed.

Of the ones I've played, Shadow Dragon is probably my least favorite despite being my first.

Still has probably the best OST out of the entire series and I like the writing and Marth's characterization.

Revelations:

Nothing!

... nah, I can say some nice things about it.

-Despite being my least favorite, I still have most of my playtime on it. Maybe because it's the most viable one to play? I don't know.

-A lot of the cross nation supports range from decent to really, really good.

-I do admittedly enjoy the flexibility of being able to get multiples of both Hoshido's and Nohr's weapons and rods.

-Has the best version of End of All.

-... Okay... Valla sucks... but I'll give it this - I love the layout of the location. It's kind generic fantasy destroyed location, but I still like it.

It's hard to pick a 'least' favorite. It's currently between Birthright and Shadow Dragon. Every one knows every one seems to hate Shadow Dragon, but I personally am not bothered by that old game. As long as I have an interest, I don't mind old games. I won't go over its flaws because every one loves hating on them and know them well by now, but if I had to pick something I liked, I definitely liked, strangely as it sounds, the simplicity of the story, or lack of it if you wish to see it that way. I felt it helps me focus on the aspect of the series that initially attracted me to it, which is the game play. Not that the game play was something special, either; it's just this is my type of game. As for Birthright, I'm not a fan of it's story. Fate's story is overall bad, but Birthright's is the one of the three that least appealed to me. Now, may be the game play can make up for that? Nope. The accessibility of money, exp, items, is so ridiculous compared to Conquest (my first of the trio), that I was in a constant state of disbelief as I played the game and didn't really know what to do with all that money that just materialized out of nowhere like a random encounter in an FF or pokemon game. I was disappointed in more ways than one. I can't think off the top of my head something I liked about Birthright; I don't hate the game, but I always compare it with Conquest and Conquest is always better imo. I guess I liked the fact that there's a different cast of support units compared to Conquest? That's what I would go with right now.

and wow, that was way too wordy.

Edited by ___

Awakening:

I like that Robin and Lucina become more important than Chrom in the story because Chrom is a pathetic excuse of a lead who would be more hated if half the fandom didn't want to fuck him.

*I like Silver Weapons, they're strong but don't break the game like Brave Weapons.

*It gave us Henry

Awakening:

I like that Robin and Lucina become more important than Chrom in the story because Chrom is a pathetic excuse of a lead who would be more hated if half the fandom didn't want to fuck him.

*I like Silver Weapons, they're strong but don't break the game like Brave Weapons.

*It gave us Henry

Chrom has a sexy (?) voice actor both in japanese and english, I think that was enough to make him popular xD

On Topic: My least favorite FE (Right now) is Gaiden... But I really like many of that game's mechanics. They are so weird but charming, I think I would actually love the game if I played it more.