Anyone else here played Okami?

Dragoncat

The Celestial Brush in the Wii version is much better. Drawing in straight lines is a bit difficult without using the Z button, but once you get used to it you can whip out brush techniques left and right more quickly. It makes the game flow smoother than the PS2 version.

Yeah but sometimes it can refuse to register. Like...the beginning where you had to fix the broken sword on the statue? I almost wanted to pull my hair out. It took me WAY too many tries. I mean, I can see how it would be awkward on the ps2, but it's not perfect.

The Z button doesn't really help unless you're doing waterspout. It goes diagonal. I discovered waterspout is much easier with Z, a life saver in the digging minigame when you need to move quick and make every brush stroke count. I ended up using inkfinity stones in the second and third digging minigame regardless...

The Z button can be used to draw horizontal and vertical lines, but the first registered movement of the Wii Remote must be exact, so I can see how you had problems.

I have, yes I've played and finished it very recently and will post a review of it sometime soon. I've promised to review it last year so it's overdue to say the least lol!

Short answer, it's an amazing game and the best non Nintendo Zelda game. I love how smooth the brush drawing is on the Wii version, it can be a bit awkward to control and unresponsive at times but otherwise it feels great.

Edited by Rxmonste

I bought the Wii version a while back, and I couldn't get the motion controls to work well, which impeded my enjoyment and progress in the game. I ended up selling it making barely any progress into the game. The artstyle is quite beautiful, though.

...But did you get all the Stray Beads, Rxmonste?

No sir, you can feel free to spoil whatever is the prize I get for getting all of them. I didn't even get all the brush upgrades, only some of them. I wouldn't dare say I got close to 100% but I experienced enough of the side content to be satisfied.

One of my favorite games. I was put off by it when I first played it but when I went back and gave it a second chance I was blown away. Also the soundtrack is easily one of the most memorable I've ever heard.