Do you think Rinkah is a bad unit?

_Erai

What's this about the Hammer having low Mt?

1. I really don't understand why you put any stock in the Not-So-Great Club - it can't hit worth a damn with 45 base hit, and the crit evade drop is a dealbreaker.

2: Fair enough, I guess.

3: Yeah, I kinda realized that my claim wouldn't hold water after the fact. Anyways, even without the Hammer, I'd rather use one of my mages to maim Generals, than merely leave them about half dead with the Bolt Axe...

I've been playing some older FEs, sorry. I forgot they bumped up the Hammer from 9/10 Might to 12 Might. However, the effective Weapons in Fates deal less damage against units that don't have that weakness. They get -4 Might and -10 Hit when facing against things other than Knights, Generals and Great Knights. The Bolt Axe, on the other hand, doesn't.

In a normal situation, yes a Mage would be better to take out a General. However, if you're surrounded by enemies with a wide open space, you don't want that Mage anywhere near the enemies unless they're all Magical. But Rinkah is the complete opposite, wanting to be in that horde of enemies to take Damage for her PS and hold them back to defend everyone else.

And for the record, and I know this from using her, 20/10 Onichan!Rinkah with 2 Spirit Dusts and the Bolt Axe ORKOs Generals in late-game Birthright. With one she can take them down to low HP, then anyone else could come in and get some EXP for themselves. Calcs put me in the wrong on this, so it may have been from Pair-Ups, or the fact that it was Hard BR where the Generals have only 10 Res.

Ahem...

The Generals of Chapter 24 Birthright Lunatic have 15 Resistance and 51 HP. Assuming Rinkah never gets a Magic Level-Up and doesn't get any Spirit Dusts, she would have 7 Magic (Onichan's base is 5, Oni Savage's Base is 1, Rinkah starts with 3 counting the base).

Assuming she didn't get extremely Speed Screwed, she Doubles them easily. With the 14 Might of the Bolt Axe, she would do...

(21 - 15) x 2 = 12 Damage.

That's not a lot huh? Well we didn't even factor in her growths.

With a growth of 25 -> 30 as an Onichan, over the 16 -> 10 levels to 20/10 (An average Level to be at chapter 24 luckily enough) she would gain an average of 4 + 3 = 7 Magic. Adding that to her 7 Magic from before, she now have 14 Magic average, meaning she now does.

(28-15) x 2 = 26 Damage.

Well, you were right! She does leave them half alive on Lunatic Birthright

Although, that's not factoring in Stat Boosters, Personal Skill, Pair-Ups, Rallys or Dual Strikes.

TL;DR So yes, an the very minimum of her average, she leaves Generals at ~half health.

Edited by TrueEm

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be nice if Sol was reliable, which it ain't. Also, to put it bluntly, I do NOT see Ryoma as the god of war you're hyping him up to be, but that's neither here nor there.

It's not without critical weapons since it give no extra dmg output and cannot really restore more than 20ish HP at a time even with a damage proc of over 60.

"There is no feasible way for her to reach D before the route split."

"Actually you can reach D in Chapter 7."

You guys are hyping up D rank Axes too much. Iron Club only gives her one more Might.

What does it matter when she should only use Brass for the most part.

Bold: There's only one 1-2 bow, and it's pretty bad.

The rest: Most Wyverns use Axes or tomes (Malig Knights actually have Res scores to speak of, too). Armours are ruined by Hammertime. Paladins actually have decent-ish Res, IIRC.

Also, having one of my better magic attackers blow their turn so Rinkah's Bolt Axe damage isn't laughable? Really??? I don't know whether you're trying too hard or hardly trying.

Why bother with the Bolt Axe when the Hammer's more effective, and armors tend to hurt like hell if they hit, which the Bolt Axe makes more likely to happen?? Also, Stoneborn appear in all of one chapter in BR that isn't endgame.

Well...there are two
-Sidelong Yumi
-Shining Bow
Both which are only good in the story mode since Point Blank skill makes them
absolutely useless.
Edited by PuffPuff

The rest: Most Wyverns use Axes or tomes (Malig Knights actually have Res scores to speak of, too). Armours are ruined by Hammertime. Paladins actually have decent-ish Res, IIRC.

Also, having one of my better magic attackers blow their turn so Rinkah's Bolt Axe damage isn't laughable? Really??? I don't know whether you're trying too hard or hardly trying.

Why bother with the Bolt Axe when the Hammer's more effective, and armors tend to hurt like hell if they hit, which the Bolt Axe makes more likely to happen?? Also, Stoneborn appear in all of one chapter in BR that isn't endgame.

Palies are better off tanked by a GN!User unless your plan is to take the hit and Pike-ruin their ass out of existence (I'm not sure Rinkah ahs the STr/SPD needed to do it in one round.)

Wyverns use axes, yes. They have high chances of hitting your tanks unless you use Hinata. Their low Res and SPD means Rinkah can get a good 35~40 of damage while taking little herself with BA. Generals take more damage from Hammer, but in preparation for enemy Phase you might be better off killing them with bolt axe so that 1-2 range doesn't screw you later.

This is the point of Bolt Axe: 1-2 tanking. Enemies always get damaged, instead of your unit taking zero damage while not being able to counterattack (GN users).

Birthright is structured so that you will be constantly be playing defensively in the last chapters unless you worked to break the game (grinding, training Ryoma, etc). Which means your magic users will be hanging back one turn, and cleaning up on the next. This first case is when Rally Magic is a good idea (especially if you need 1-2 action from Hinoka, whose magic is almost as bad, and extra damage from Felicia).

Yeah, Stoneborn are rare, only appearing in C21 and 25. but they are difficult to deal with an army of squishies, and rinkah hard counters them. Like, REAL hard. she is the one unit that can approach them safely and deal a crapload of damage. Paired with an onmyoji or simply rallied, the usual Rinkah can ORKO them.

I've been playing some older FEs, sorry. I forgot they bumped up the Hammer from 9/10 Might to 12 Might. However, the effective Weapons in Fates deal less damage against units that don't have that weakness. They get -4 Might and -10 Hit when facing against things other than Knights, Generals and Great Knights. The Bolt Axe, on the other hand, doesn't.

In a normal situation, yes a Mage would be better to take out a General. However, if you're surrounded by enemies with a wide open space, you don't want that Mage anywhere near the enemies unless they're all Magical. But Rinkah is the complete opposite, wanting to be in that horde of enemies to take Damage for her PS and hold them back to defend everyone else.

And for the record, and I know this from using her, 20/10 Onichan!Rinkah with 2 Spirit Dusts and the Bolt Axe ORKOs Generals in late-game Birthright. With one she can take them down to low HP, then anyone else could come in and get some EXP for themselves. Calcs put me in the wrong on this, so it may have been from Pair-Ups, or the fact that it was Hard BR where the Generals have only 10 Res.

Ahem...

The Generals of Chapter 24 Birthright Lunatic have 15 Resistance and 51 HP. Assuming Rinkah never gets a Magic Level-Up and doesn't get any Spirit Dusts, she would have 7 Magic (Onichan's base is 5, Oni Savage's Base is 1, Rinkah starts with 3 counting the base).

Assuming she didn't get extremely Speed Screwed, she Doubles them easily. With the 14 Might of the Bolt Axe, she would do...

(21 - 15) x 2 = 12 Damage.

That's not a lot huh? Well we didn't even factor in her growths.

With a growth of 25 -> 30 as an Onichan, over the 16 -> 10 levels to 20/10 (An average Level to be at chapter 24 luckily enough) she would gain an average of 4 + 3 = 7 Magic. Adding that to her 7 Magic from before, she now have 14 Magic average, meaning she now does.

(28-15) x 2 = 26 Damage.

Well, you were right! She does leave them half alive on Lunatic Birthright

Although, that's not factoring in Stat Boosters, Personal Skill, Pair-Ups, Rallys or Dual Strikes.

TL;DR So yes, an the very minimum of her average, she leaves Generals at ~half health.

1- You forgot to account for her personal (+8

2- anyone using Rinkha, unless also doing the ridiculous choice of also using Saizo in the same run, will have given the midgame spirit drop to her (+4)

3- Dual Strike is a thing. Luckily, Bolt Axe lets Rinkah make use of a squishy's high damage support like armorslayer hana without endagering said dquishy because she can always hang back outside of the general's range, while rinkah hangs on the 2-ranged edge of it.

Palies are better off tanked by a GN!User unless your plan is to take the hit and Pike-ruin their ass out of existence (I'm not sure Rinkah ahs the STr/SPD needed to do it in one round.)

Wyverns use axes, yes. They have high chances of hitting your tanks unless you use Hinata. Their low Res and SPD means Rinkah can get a good 35~40 of damage while taking little herself with BA. Generals take more damage from Hammer, but in preparation for enemy Phase you might be better off killing them with bolt axe so that 1-2 range doesn't screw you later.

This is the point of Bolt Axe: 1-2 tanking. Enemies always get damaged, instead of your unit taking zero damage while not being able to counterattack (GN users).

Birthright is structured so that you will be constantly be playing defensively in the last chapters unless you worked to break the game (grinding, training Ryoma, etc). Which means your magic users will be hanging back one turn, and cleaning up on the next. This first case is when Rally Magic is a good idea (especially if you need 1-2 action from Hinoka, whose magic is almost as bad, and extra damage from Felicia).

Yeah, Stoneborn are rare, only appearing in C21 and 25. but they are difficult to deal with an army of squishies, and rinkah hard counters them. Like, REAL hard. she is the one unit that can approach them safely and deal a crapload of damage. Paired with an onmyoji or simply rallied, the usual Rinkah can ORKO them.

I dunno about you, but (1) Rinkah's piss-poor Hp and Luck make her suspect for tanking lategame - granted, having to rely on the Guard Naginata isn't the best thing, but I'd rather have Hinoka, Oboro, or Silas equip one and tank almost as good as, if not better than Rinkah than risk my game to random enemy crits, and (2) in my book, being screwed by being unable to counter ain't anywhere near as bad as getting screwed by enemy crits. And what's this about Stoneborn in chapter 25? Is that a Lunatic thing? Because I didn't see any in Hard.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

I dunno about you, but (1) Rinkah's piss-poor Hp and Luck make her suspect for tanking lategame - granted, having to rely on the Guard Naginata isn't the best thing, but I'd rather have Hinoka, Oboro, or Silas equip one and tank almost as good as, if not better than Rinkah than risk my game to random enemy crits, and (2) in my book, being screwed by being unable to counter ain't anywhere near as bad as getting screwed by enemy crits. And what's this about Stoneborn in chapter 25? Is that a Lunatic thing? Because I didn't see any in Hard.

There is one by Iago.

Just there to have it bean you if you get Entrapped!

Anyone using Rinkah will give her a seraph robe early on. This is the optimal thing to do with her in your party, since it allows you to keep her personal on more often. (in case you are wondering, only your other tanks can make a seraph Robe equal to reliably surviving another hit in general and none get an offense boost out of it. Scarlet and saizo are the only ones with similar bonuses, and they have the Def/HP spread to not need it nevermind the redundancy So she will have about as much HP as a unit with "normal" Hp growth would have. And given her defenses, it means she withstands about 3 strong blows before succumbing to a 4th, which should be negated by dual guard if you are planning for so much damage at once.

Her luck is not at all "piss-poor". She is not Kaze, nor Arthur or Knoll (lol). And if you are so worried about lategame crits, horse Spirit takes care of that nicely, both on reduxcing damage and lowering chance of crit. It is a completely unnecessary concern, however.

And like the above said, Iago is flanked by a stoneborn and a maid with entrap. sounds a bit scary, but dealing with Iago's guard is the easiest part of the map.

1- You forgot to account for her personal (+8

2- anyone using Rinkha, unless also doing the ridiculous choice of also using Saizo in the same run, will have given the midgame spirit drop to her (+4)

3- Dual Strike is a thing. Luckily, Bolt Axe lets Rinkah make use of a squishy's high damage support like armorslayer hana without endagering said dquishy because she can always hang back outside of the general's range, while rinkah hangs on the 2-ranged edge of it.

I did specifically say in there that I did NOT factor in her PS, Stat Boosters, and Dual Strikes.

I was showing her bare average.

I disagree on that besides one thing: Berserkers. They are my biggest worry with Rinkah. They can crit your whole army easily including Rinkah, and even with her high Defense, that can get her down really low if not kill her if she's already been tanking that turn.

Anyways, it's not just Rinkah that gets random crits on her, you know. And it's not just Arthur either. Its everyone. I feel like the argument about low luck on any character makes them bad is really dumb, for the lack of a better term. It doesn't matter if you have low luck or medium luck, random crits happen to you.

Last time I checked, Guard Naginata hasn't saved anyone from a crit.

Edited by TrueEm

Posted (edited) · Hidden by eclipse, August 23, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by eclipse, August 23, 2016 - No reason given

Please ignore. I didn't mean to post this.

Edited by TrueEm

I disagree on that besides one thing: Berserkers. They are my biggest worry with Rinkah. They can crit your whole army easily including Rinkah, and even with her high Defense, that can get her down really low if not kill her if she's already been tanking that turn.

Anyways, it's not just Rinkah that gets random crits on her, you know. And it's not just Arthur either. Its everyone. I feel like the argument about low luck on any character makes them bad is really dumb, for the lack of a better term. It doesn't matter if you have low luck or medium luck, random crits happen to you.

But if your luck is low to the point mooks that aren't even in crit boosted classes have crit on you.... let's just say that ain't good and leave it at that. Also, I resent using Berserkers because their crit evade penalty is an instant dealbreaker.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

But if your luck is low to the point mooks that aren't even in crit boosted classes have crit on you.... let's just say that ain't good and have it at that.

Again, I disagree. I've had Mercs and other such units crit me before in both early-game and late-game.

35% isn't actually that low anyways. 40% as a Blacksmith. That makes her average 14.1 as a 20/10 Onichan. That's nowhere near Arthur bad.

EDIT: I meant units besides Rinkah getting crit'd. Didn't make that clear.

Edited by TrueEm

The usual Seraph Robe'd rinkah can survive zerks easily with horse spirit, not to mention lowering their chances of hitting by taking away their WRBs. she is, in fact, one of the better choices to deal with zerks for that reason. only hinata is legitimately superior to her in that regard, assuming you don't want to bet on Hana's dodge rate (or luck out and break the game with a sunrise katana. nothing that uses Axes can touch Hana with that thing.)

The usual Seraph Robe'd rinkah can survive zerks easily with horse spirit, not to mention lowering their chances of hitting by taking away their WRBs. she is, in fact, one of the better choices to deal with zerks for that reason. only hinata is legitimately superior to her in that regard, assuming you don't want to bet on Hana's dodge rate (or luck out and break the game with a sunrise katana. nothing that uses Axes can touch Hana with that thing.)

Currently, I'd rather use that Seraph Robe on someone else, but if you're not using anyone else who needs it, it'd be a good investment. Also, Using Horse Spirit does improve her Defense, but her low Magic even with a Spirit Dust or two doesn't make the 4 Might of the Horse Spirit do whole lot. That also means you either have to use Rat Spirit a ton and raise her Tome rank, or use a Arms Scroll where she gets A Rank Axes that she doesn't need anyways.

I don't even know if she needs the 3 Defense anyways if that alone offsets the Berserkers enough to allow her to live a crit plus Tanking, especially if she's already getting the Seraph Robe. I'd rather have her high-offense Enemy Phase happen via Bolt Axe.

My Hanas, even on player phase, still get hit by Fighters and Berserkers. And no, I do not unequip Duelist's Blow. And yes, I typically give her the +2 Sunrise Katana I typically am able to make.

Kek.

Edited by TrueEm

Currently, I'd rather use that Seraph Robe on someone else, but if you're not using anyone else who needs it, it'd be a good investment. Also, Using Horse Spirit does improve her Defense, but her low Magic even with a Spirit Dust or two doesn't make the 4 Might of the Horse Spirit do whole lot. That also means you either have to use Rat Spirit a ton and raise her Tome rank, or use a Arms Scroll where she gets A Rank Axes that she doesn't need anyways.

I don't even know if she needs the 3 Defense anyways if that alone offsets the Berserkers enough to allow her to live a crit plus Tanking, especially if she's already getting the Seraph Robe. I'd rather have her high-offense Enemy Phase happen via Bolt Axe.

My Hanas, even on player phase, still get hit by Fighters and Berserkers. And no, I do not unequip Duelist's Blow. And yes, I typically give her the +2 Sunrise Katana I typically am able to make.

Kek.

Nobody else who gets as much out of it as rinkah. It's a whole tier jump from D to C just because of that. Against Zerks specifically, she still manages a little bit of damage in super tank mode if her personal is on, cuz they have crap RES. It's more of a matter of one stopping to think as if this was the Arena and realize there are more enemies around in the real game, in particular nasty berserkers who dual strike off of Sorcerors and vice versa. but then again, you didn't play Lunatic apparently.

Some of your comments make me feel like you never played Birthright. The game becomes extremely half-hearted between chapters 14 and 21 because they just multiplied and powered-up normal mode enemies... which means you get more exp than normal mode, and your entire army will be promoting far sooner. The level design simply doesn't keep up even though the first sections of chapter 14-17 can actually be tough if you don't use the instawin buttons like DLC< Ryoma, tonics and Scarlet.

My point is, your army will be promoting (read: getting extra weapon trees) at a time where the game just barely tries to kill you. Faceless fests like Leo and the dragon stomach castle are particularly egregious. "e-rank hell" like some put it, simply doesn't exist in the midgame of birthright. D-rank hell does exist for Azura still, lol.

If you are that worried, about crits (completely unnecessary unless the enemy carries killer weapons), the basic HP/Luck Draccorin has enough bulk to survive them, especially after Dragonstone +

It seems you are absurdly unlucky. Hana on player phase makes axes reach 0% hit rate with a steel sword, which has -25 avoid when compared to Sunrise Katana and that is cuz Duelist's blow is on. On enemy phase with Sunrise and without deulists's blow, at best, those guys would get 5% hit.

I would personally say she's bad. No character is unusable in Fates (which is awesome to me) but you really have to devote a lot of time and resources into making her good, when those are really better spent elsewhere. She's basically a Silas on a shorter fuse; you get decent use out of her until you get your feet on the ground and recruit the better units, then phase her out.

Nobody else who gets as much out of it as rinkah. It's a whole tier jump from D to C just because of that. Against Zerks specifically, she still manages a little bit of damage in super tank mode if her personal is on, cuz they have crap RES. It's more of a matter of one stopping to think as if this was the Arena and realize there are more enemies around in the real game, in particular nasty berserkers who dual strike off of Sorcerors and vice versa. but then again, you didn't play Lunatic apparently.

Some of your comments make me feel like you never played Birthright. The game becomes extremely half-hearted between chapters 14 and 21 because they just multiplied and powered-up normal mode enemies... which means you get more exp than normal mode, and your entire army will be promoting far sooner. The level design simply doesn't keep up even though the first sections of chapter 14-17 can actually be tough if you don't use the instawin buttons like DLC< Ryoma, tonics and Scarlet.

My point is, your army will be promoting (read: getting extra weapon trees) at a time where the game just barely tries to kill you. Faceless fests like Leo and the dragon stomach castle are particularly egregious. "e-rank hell" like some put it, simply doesn't exist in the midgame of birthright. D-rank hell does exist for Azura still, lol.

If you are that worried, about crits (completely unnecessary unless the enemy carries killer weapons), the basic HP/Luck Draccorin has enough bulk to survive them, especially after Dragonstone +

It seems you are absurdly unlucky. Hana on player phase makes axes reach 0% hit rate with a steel sword, which has -25 avoid when compared to Sunrise Katana and that is cuz Duelist's blow is on. On enemy phase with Sunrise and without deulists's blow, at best, those guys would get 5% hit.

I'm not really super worried about crits myself, its just that others seem the be when referring to Rinkah.

And yes, I have shit luck when it comes to FE with both level-ups and RNG. Why do you think I never beat Conquest!Hard Chapter 25?

I would personally say she's bad. No character is unusable in Fates (which is awesome to me) but you really have to devote a lot of time and resources into making her good, when those are really better spent elsewhere. She's basically a Silas on a shorter fuse; you get decent use out of her until you get your feet on the ground and recruit the better units, then phase her out.

i know this is opinion and all, but i argue against the "lot of time" argument. Unless the person goes out of their way to ssqueeze a few kills for her in chapter 5, Rinkah has no problem keeping up with the rest of the party level-wise. relying too much on defense can even make her stay a little ahead of most at times.

i know this is opinion and all, but i argue against the "lot of time" argument. Unless the person goes out of their way to ssqueeze a few kills for her in chapter 5, Rinkah has no problem keeping up with the rest of the party level-wise. relying too much on defense can even make her stay a little ahead of most at times.

Agreed. As I'm doing Lunatic Birthright right now, I haven't done any skirmishes, and Rinkah got only 40 exp in Chs 4 and 5. Yet she was able to easily hold her own in Chapter 7, plus getting both D Rank Axes and a few levels made her even better. Currently she is Lv 10 and has C Rank Axes at the end of Ch 8.

Agreed. As I'm doing Lunatic Birthright right now, I haven't done any skirmishes, and Rinkah got only 40 exp in Chs 4 and 5. Yet she was able to easily hold her own in Chapter 7, plus getting both D Rank Axes and a few levels made her even better. Currently she is Lv 10 and has C Rank Axes at the end of Ch 8.

And that's why I don't think she's bad per say, just not good. She's one of those units that can slide either way.

Having used Rinkah on both Birthright and Revelation Lunatic blind while paying attention to the averages and mentally calculating the difference in performance were I to not give her the boosters I did (most of them are largely unnecessary and I tend to aim for hilarious overkill), what I did for her made her a top unit, but even without most of the shit I gave her and just the seraph robe she's honestly fine. Her growths are more unconventional than anything.

One thing I like about Rinkah is that she's hella versatile. I swear by Zerk (because it negates her HP issues while keeping enough bulk to tank, and natural Death Blow access pairs really well with it), but going the magic route with chieftain or dread fighter (while dipping into mech/master ninja late for some skills) are also solid options. Honestly there's plenty of units worse than Rinkah, at least with my playstyle, since Rinkah facilitates a lot of my bait-and-swarm tactics and can take a number of hits, even with her HP issues. Seriously, just do the math and check range. It's not that hard.

While I wouldn't say she's super amazing overall as a unit, she's solid enough. I'd probably put her as middling given not a lot of investment, if you know how she works. She has the chance to be amazing if you really know how to work with her, but I don't expect everyone to put in as much as I do--and I go big or go home, anyway.

Having used Rinkah on both Birthright and Revelation Lunatic blind while paying attention to the averages and mentally calculating the difference in performance were I to not give her the boosters I did (most of them are largely unnecessary and I tend to aim for hilarious overkill), what I did for her made her a top unit, but even without most of the shit I gave her and just the seraph robe she's honestly fine. Her growths are more unconventional than anything.

One thing I like about Rinkah is that she's hella versatile. I swear by Zerk (because it negates her HP issues while keeping enough bulk to tank, and natural Death Blow access pairs really well with it), but going the magic route with chieftain or dread fighter (while dipping into mech/master ninja late for some skills) are also solid options. Honestly there's plenty of units worse than Rinkah, at least with my playstyle, since Rinkah facilitates a lot of my bait-and-swarm tactics and can take a number of hits, even with her HP issues. Seriously, just do the math and check range. It's not that hard.

While I wouldn't say she's super amazing overall as a unit, she's solid enough. I'd probably put her as middling given not a lot of investment, if you know how she works. She has the chance to be amazing if you really know how to work with her, but I don't expect everyone to put in as much as I do--and I go big or go home, anyway.

Oh shoot, it's the legend himself. Been waiting for you to reply to this. I swear you've been mentioned like twice in this thread already.

You actually made some pretty strong points there. Honestly, I think the decision of whether a unit is good or not comes down to playstyle. Mine works with Rinkah, your works with Rinkah, but other people's don't

[spoiler=Joke?]

Unless we're talking about Tsubaki. He just sucks.

Mine works with Rinkah, your works with Rinkah, but other people's don't

[spoiler=Joke?]

Unless we're talking about Tsubaki. He just sucks.

It funny you should mention Tsubaki because I'm currently doing a Hard!Birthright run with Rinka x Tsubaki and they actually do quite well together (Tsubaki likes the pair up bonuses more but Rinka appreciates the bonus movement). With Tsubaki's natural bulk and Rinka's bonuses (plus optional Guard Naginata), he makes a pretty good wall.

I've gotten Tsubaki to work pretty well before--though I did S him there and gave him quite a bit of love. Flight and emergency staff service is nice, though.

Anyway since my Zerk!Rinkah has been brought up before I might as well link her from my RevLunatic (no grind) run:

raw

after various boosts

I don't fuck around.

regards to discussion about luck earlier: who cares really, goddess icon is +8 and there's a shitton of them it's not even a resource at this point

not like rinkah's routes are remotely starved on resources and if you dip blacksmith she'll even pay you back

I haven't tried it but Lodestar might make Subaki work. Surely Dancing Blade and Speedtaker can fix even his godawful Speed. Granted it's a bit of a waste but on Birthright at least I can't think of anybody who needs to be a Lodestar. Most of the good BR characters aren't too worried about their Speed (it seems like a complete waste on Ryoma in a way it wouldn't be on Xander in CQ). Saizo maybe but Saizo almost would want an Ebon Wing instead.