Tips for Using Odin on Conquest

CooledEvergreen

I've been playing through Conquest on Hard for the first time, am on Chapter 8 atm, and I'm finding very little reason not to immediately bench him.

His Magic is poor, is slow, and with the level ups I've been feeding him has gotten average stat increases like Defense and Resistance with nothing in the offensive stats. I like me a tanky unit, but I have Effie and Niles if I need someone to tank.

I heard that he's better as a Samurai, similar to how many people consider Laslow better as a ninja. If anyone could give me tips on his usability I'd be greatly appreciative.

Yes. He is better off as a Samurai. Ideally, I'd grab Vengeance from Sorcerer so you've got the opportunity to deal heavy damage when combined with Vantage, though it's not as super-amazing as it was in Awakening, it can still make a big difference. Of course Astra's still usable if you take him through Swordmaster so there's that and... y'know... I feel as though this is the best I can give as information because that's only really how I used him...

Sorry if this isn't much help but I helps you in some way.

Swordmaster Odin can be quite good but I recommend you try to use him as a Nosferatu tank instead.

All he needs is Nosferatu and sometimes HP/Mag/Def tonics. It's true that his offensive stats aren't impressive by any means but putting his Mag aside, his stats are perfectly fit for a Nos tank. He has a lot of Skill and Luck +Heartseeker to hit enemies reliably with Nosferatu and his durability makes tanking a lot easier. His Mag isn't great but the game gives you numerous Spirit Dusts and nobody except Odin needs them. There's also Pair-up, tonics, meals etc. to further boost his damage output.

C8 is just feeding him a few kills, he isn't really good there. Then you buy a Nos tome a few tonics and he can go left in Mozu's paralogue and start tanking, assuming he has a good pair-up. C9 he can tank the Archers in the boss room through the wall very reliably and bait out the initial groups of enemies near the start. C10 he can solo the right side with all the Archers, it makes routing the enemies a lot easier. C11 he can solo the Archer room. C12 he can take care of the 8 Apothecary reinforcements and is very good at approaching the top half of the map etc etc.

Nos!Odin definitely has his uses. One thing you need to be aware of is his damage output. He should either be 2HKOing or OHKOing. If he leaves enemies at, say, 3 HP he can't regenerate his health during the next EP and just dies if too many people gang up on him.

That's a non-issue once you get Vantage.

You might also want to switch to MoA late-game to get Life and Death and back to Sorc though I haven't tried that out yet.

Edited by Cyas

So I don't know if you're using your path bonuses, but I made mine a Dark Flier. By giving him an Ebon wing.

The general consensus is that his growths are made for hybrid classes (Grandmaster, Basara, Dark Knight, Dark Flier), and he does better as a Samurai than a Mage. You can of course go the Nos path too.

Samurai Odin is not good IMO. I don't have the stats on me at the moment (I can calc them up if necessary) but from memory Samurai Odin's Level 10 stats are similar to than Selena's outside of worse speed and a worse sword rank. Spending a valuable earlygame resource to create an inferior clone of an already middling unit isn't the best plan.

The only thing Odin does well at all is use Nosferatu, since his defence and accuracy are adequate even though his Magic could really be better, and Nosferatu makes his low speed less of an issue. He's one of the weaker units available even so, but if you're set on using him, either long-term or just long enough to get Ophelia, this is definitely the best way to go. If you really want to favour him you can snag Vantage, but that's an 8000 gold investment.

• 5 months later...

I Used him on lunatic and started regretting when he was a lvl17 dark mage with 15 mag, So I did something awesome with him that turned out, pretty consistent.

Level him as dark mage till 20 as dark mage>> lvl 2 as sorcerer>> level till 5 as swordmaster while grinding swords to rank B/C

Equip levin sword 

>>mix sorcerer and dark knight till lvl 15 whichever way you please sorcerer being more on the res+ mag front while dk on the def+hp front, I went sorcerer till 10 (while nosferatu was still viable) then went dk

(yay mag at 26) get life n death and / or swordfaire

Equip Leo's IceBlade as soon as you get hands on it

By level 10 DK ( around chapter 20) you are looking at 25 mag+14 leo ice = 38 mag damage from a frigging sword against things that more or less don't even have 20 res

I am in no point saying he is op, but he fills a nice niche role for me and If you get two ice blade like me and name the forged weapon Lancercutter, he crits like a retard and truthfully did a lot of work while being able to tank 2 hits atleast before dying., He was very useful at oneshotting onis in the latter chapters