A Villain Conquest (SPOILERS)

Alazen

We've gone over Garon with Hans and Iago being cartoon villains, the lopsided war between the two kingdoms, and Corrin dindu nuffin.

Well, I propose that we take being the sure mean side and run with it. Make Conquest a full blown Villain Campaign in the path of Der Langrisser's Chaos Route, WC3's Scourge Chapters, or Undertale's No Mercy.

So, Corrin for example could figure to carry out Hoshido's conquest not from some silly plan to get Garon to sit in a chair, but to put an end to the war, Hoshido's defiance, and seek glory.

Or he could decide, screw Hoshido and their ample resources, we are starving here, and decide to conquer them and distribute the wealth. And he can have Iago and Hans assassinated (by using Beruka, Niles and Kaze on a 3 man mission) because worms need to bite the dust and they are useless for Nohr, overthrow Garon because he's letting Nohr waste, or attempt to make him into a puppet ruler. Muahahahaha!

I would have preferred Nohr and Garon being morally ambiguous as opposed to Conquest being the puppy-kicker route. Their lack of food is presented in story but they don't go anywhere with it.

This is honestly how I play repeat playthroughs, as I always like changing FE plots on future runs as I find all of them to be garbage. In my world, Conquest goes down like this, Corrin being pissed at the Hoshidan siblings for not actually saving him, or as he pictures it not even attempting to save him due to his shortsighted nature not letting him see the evidence to the contary in the form of Hinoka and Azura, as well as refusing to believe Garon could've possibly orcastrated Mikoto's death due to the sheer impossibility of that plan working form the evidence at hand, Corrin sides with Nohr. After putting down the Ice Tribe's rebellion to prove himself loyal as well as an effective tactician, Corrin completes more and more missions for the glory of Nohr, rescuing Azura from the Hoshidans who betrayed her in the process. This betrayal further cements Corrin's belief that the Hoshidans are hypocritical assholes, and has him continue his path of revenge against them. Azura notices this want for revenge, and doesn't trust Corrin, just using him as a means to an end to end the conflict, which is why she doesn't tell Corrin about Ananakos when he follows her into Valla as she doesn't trust him to actually get the job done. She does tell him about Slime Garon tho, hoping it'll turn his hatred towards the Nohrians. It doesn't, so she helps in the Conquest of Hoshido hoping for chance to tell the truth to someone else who she finds more trustwrothy. Corrin gets his revenge thru killing Takumi and forcing Ryoma to die a Samurai's death, and Azura is able to reveal Garon's true form, forcing Corrin to face his actions. In repentance for the hypocritical atrocities he commited, he kills Iago, Hans, and Gooran, but he still isn't fully willing to forgive Hoshido, so Hoshido is forced to become a surerzane state to Nohr, with Hinoka as it's figurehead leader. Corrin himself becomes tactician of Nohr alongside Leo, marries Beruka, and lives a somewhat happy life despite all of Hoshido viewing him as a dick.

Edited by MCProductions

Well, aside from marrying X person, that plot... is still better than what we have. Seriously the worst thing about Corn is how whiny it is about siding with Nohr. And nobody likes a whiny protagonist. Like get over it, Corn, and DO something about your army. Conquest has awesome maps and all, but certain storyline elements are GARBAGE. How did Zola summon that army to fight us? Who are they loyal to? Do they like, NOT see Xander?

The worst thing about Conquest is how they failed with it's greyness. Like make Garon morally ambiguous and if you don't want to, have Corrin do something about it and work for it, instead of whining about it. Like what about the food problem and the crime rate? Why does Shura's BR chapter give Nohr more world building than conquest does? Why is this not ever expanded upon?

...well whatever. Why doesn't solve anything. >:(

Excellent gameplay though. I really love playing the conquest route :D

When the game was first announced, I thought that it would give you more choices in what you wished to do. Being a ruthless villain was one of the options I was hoping for.

This is honestly how I play repeat playthroughs, as I always like changing FE plots on future runs as I find all of them to be garbage. In my world, Conquest goes down like this, Corrin being pissed at the Hoshidan siblings for not actually saving him, or as he pictures it not even attempting to save him due to his shortsighted nature not letting him see the evidence to the contary in the form of Hinoka and Azura, as well as refusing to believe Garon could've possibly orcastrated Mikoto's death due to the sheer impossibility of that plan working form the evidence at hand, Corrin sides with Nohr. After putting down the Ice Tribe's rebellion to prove himself loyal as well as an effective tactician, Corrin completes more and more missions for the glory of Nohr, rescuing Azura from the Hoshidans who betrayed her in the process. This betrayal further cements Corrin's belief that the Hoshidans are hypocritical assholes, and has him continue his path of revenge against them. Azura notices this want for revenge, and doesn't trust Corrin, just using him as a means to an end to end the conflict, which is why she doesn't tell Corrin about Ananakos when he follows her into Valla as she doesn't trust him to actually get the job done. She does tell him about Slime Garon tho, hoping it'll turn his hatred towards the Nohrians. It doesn't, so she helps in the Conquest of Hoshido hoping for chance to tell the truth to someone else who she finds more trustwrothy. Corrin gets his revenge thru killing Takumi and forcing Ryoma to die a Samurai's death, and Azura is able to reveal Garon's true form, forcing Corrin to face his actions. In repentance for the hypocritical atrocities he commited, he kills Iago, Hans, and Gooran, but he still isn't fully willing to forgive Hoshido, so Hoshido is forced to become a surerzane state to Nohr, with Hinoka as it's figurehead leader. Corrin himself becomes tactician of Nohr alongside Leo, marries Beruka, and lives a somewhat happy life despite all of Hoshido viewing him as a dick.

I'm really liking all of this. Especially how you gave Azura a reason not to tell Corrin about Valla.

Edited by Avarice_Shadow

I actually picture Conquest as the pure villain path as well. Here's how I view it: Male Corrin (I picture Female Corrin's canon path to be Hoshido. I don't know why, either) decides to join Nohr to be with his siblings, then develops a loli complex and marries Elise (fits better with the villain picture if he actually does something villanous) and becomes a cruel leader to his army who doesn't hesitate to let even his siblings be killed off/gravely injured.

In the end, he gets rid of Iago and Hans out of pure spite and a desire for revenge for years of torture, being made fun of etc. (foreshadowed by his line 'You'd better not question my loyalty again...', then overthrows Garon after finding out that he is in fact a slime monster (though he planned to overthrow him from the start) and slays the possessed Takumi in battle. So far, so good.

After the war, he instigates a rebellion against newly crowned King Xander, kills him and crowns himself the king of Nohr, then goes on to gather all five legendary weapons and (as he knew from the now dead Azura) goes to Valla with his army of minions and slaves to slay Anankos, the only threat left to his absolute rule.

And this is the story of how the Empire of Dragons was formed. I now ask someone to take this as a prologue for some kind of fanfic.

Edited by DragonFlames

I don't know that Corrin's motivation makes him/her more villainous. Most of the changes presented in this thread actually absolve Corrin in many ways. The way I see it, if Corrin believes he's doing the right thing, then his atrocities against Hoshido can be chalked up to the typical horrors of war. But with Conquest as written, Corrin had no excuse not to turn his back on Nohr. His failure to do so out of supposed love of his Nohrian siblings is horrendous.

He should have told Xander and the rest the truth and if they didn't believe it, then head home to Hoshido and pick up where Birthright left off. The Nohrian sibling know their father is a monster. Choosing their affection and commiting all that evil just to spare their feelings was completely unjustified.

Edited by kcirrot

I suggest to have an option to finish Hinoka or let her live but exile her.

I personally would do that in my mind, but as I'm not actually changing the game's narrative itself beyond bare essentials for me to enjoy it like I do all FE games, I settled for making her a figurehead ruler. Tho I'd totes prefer Sakura being the figurehead soverign if I'm being completely honest and having Hinoka die as she lived, a last minute afterthought

To be frank, I'm up for the enemy kingdom's royal siblings getting wiped out to a man and being among the final boss's (Garon in Birthright, Mikoto in Conquest) troops as undead minions.

Oh, you're giving me sadistic ideas, and I'm liking it. Hell, something like this is what I pictured when the premise was first announced.

While future replays of Conquest, due to me not hacking it and sth, will keep Ghostumi as the final boss, I can easily picture Ryoma and Mikoto as ghosts alongside him, which Corrin would have to kill to keep living in his denial.

Mine is pretty similar to this.

Except he marries Nyx. Or he gets put down for being a degenerated dragon consumed with rage.

I like to imagine Corrin as more of a Walhart villain: Undeniably power-hungry and self-serving, but his primary motives are saving his dying nation and becoming powerful enough to save the world from the "I'm Gonna Kill Everyone" villain.

However, even a cartoon villain would have been better than the spineless Camus wannabe that we got. At least a cartoon villain would have their own motivations.

Mine is more simple (to me anyway), female corrin is cannon to me on nohr because it explains elise/camilla's obsession with corrin better. she choose nohr due to her nohrian bonds and also takumi was too much of a dick for blaming me for the death of my mother. Hoshido painted me as the villain and a villain they shall get. Meanwhile investigate garon on the side while gaining his trust so I can be in a position to betray him if I must. After talks with leo and azura, my resolve is stronger and i go through with the invasion of hoshido killing no one....until I meet takumi again at the wall.

corrin makes that place a blood bath and personally spartan kicks takumi off the wall. sakura will be spread but now people will die!

Here's my idea: Corrin starts out wanting to reform Nohr from within, he really does. But by the time of the Cheve revolt, he has legitimately started to become intoxicated by power. He resolves to conquer Hoshido to unmask Garon, but this is just a convenient lie he tells himself to justify his actions. As the game progresses he has less and less qualms about his actions, culminating when he cuts down Hinoka and Ryoma. He does defeat Garon like normal, but here's where things get different: Azura now wants him to step down, to not sieze power. Corrin refuses. So, a last battle is fought with Azura and some soldiers of Valla, and, as Azura lays dying, Corrin decides to throw away all pretensions. He has won Hoshido through right of conquest, and he doesn't have to answer to anyone. He has embraced the dark.