Did you use the same Avatar in all paths? [Poll]

moxis

Did you use the same Avatar in all paths?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. How did you design your Avatar/s?

• Same exact Avatar in all paths
    • Similar Avatars with slight differences
    • Completely different Avatars for each path
    • Other

This question is regarding appearance, not stats or classes. Meaning, the aesthetic choices you make in the character customization screen: name, hair, voice, etc.

Did you use the same character in Birthright and Conquest, or did you create different ones, for the sake of variety? I'd like to know what most players tend to do. It's two interesting ways to look at the story: does your single character play out the various consequences of their decision, or do separate characters choose differently because of who they are?

Feel free to post pictures of your Avatars!

Edited by moxis

I did something weird where they were all based on the name "Arin."

So it went Arin (Revelations), Aaron (Conquest), and Erin (Birthright). I don't know why, I just thought it would be fun to see how many different ways I could use "Arin."

Edited by Augestein

I can't vote with that poll x)

I have used the same avatar for Birthright and Revelation, but in Conquest, my Avatar is completely different. After all, I use a male for the two formers, and a female for the latter.

I added an extra "other" option!

I'm torn between doing completely different characters vs the "same"... For the following main reason: on one hand it would feel wrong to marry my one and only Avatar (which in this case would be a self insert) to someone else besides my favourite character (because I'm not going to marry the same character in all paths) //// but on the other hand, I like to see the game as one single story told from different sides...

Different Male and Female avatars for each route. The game gives me 9 save files, so by God, I'm gonna use all of them. Due to being male myself, each route gets 2 male avatars and 1 female avatar.

Also, due to my sick love of continuity in my headcanon world, all 9 of these avatars exist in the same universe, with their actions each affecting the others.

Conquest, the most "canon" choice in my headcanon world, as it's the one followed most closely, features Gabriel, who is Corrin backstory wise therefore weilds the Yato, Coran, the lord of the territory of Macarath, and Adrian, the daughter of the cheif of the Earth Tribe who's an antithesis to Rinkah

Birthright, Gene, the son of my Awakening avatar and Tiki who views Hoshido as victims he needs to help, Aanon, a Nohrian prince kidnapped from the country in one of Hoshido's many attempts to get Gabriel back, and Morgan, the daughter of my Awakening Avatar and Tiki who is exactly who you think she is so...

Revelations, Roy, yes that Roy, Link, yes that Link, and Ninian, yes that Ninian

Wow!! That's some serious story crafting, and a very creative way to make use of multiple characters. I'd love to see what you made their portraits look like in-game.

I'm usually lazy so I did my first runs of each route with the same Avatar, then I did different ones for the rest. Jisoo ended up being my favorite.

7TQilmp.png

Jisoo is the blue haired one. Birthright.

I used a blond Corrin in Conquest, not to fit in with the Nohrians, but rather because I imagined him being as slimy as Draco Malfoy.

I was sorely disappointed when he didn't act like a smug twat, but hey.

Wow!! That's some serious story crafting, and a very creative way to make use of multiple characters. I'd love to see what you made their portraits look like in-game.

I would, but at present I don't know of a reliable way to get screencaps off my 3DS to here, and since accessories are a crucial part of the appearance of some of them for me, the Morgan one especially, I won't be able to do so until I figure out how to do that.

I was so sure I would use the same Corrin for every path, but I underestimated how much I like customizing player characters...

Here are my avatars so far:

dnI83jI.jpg

XiKVG7n.jpg

rh3iRWY.jpg

I made the pink-haired Corrin for my first Conquest run, Aveline was for my first Birthright run and for my second CQ run I picked the male avatar. While I will always prefer female avatars, it's nice to alternate between the options.

I honestly don't think about the story when I create them nor do I like coming up with personalities for them. I just enjoy customizing their appearances. Having a new avatar also makes each playthrough just a little bit more interesting... to look at, anyway.

As for their names... My imagination is poor, so I use random name generators and hope I find something that sounds nice. (when I was trying to find a name for my male Corrin, one of the generator's suggestions was Collin. I thought that was amusing.)

Same for all three routes, but I happen to be very lazy when it comes to character creation and given the option of using the exact same on I will.

I used a blond Corrin in Conquest, not to fit in with the Nohrians, but rather because I imagined him being as slimy as Draco Malfoy.

If Harry Potter taught us one thing, it's that all blondes are evil. This coming from a blonde.

For every path, I use a different Avatar with a different name, asset and talent, each of opposite gender for BR & CQ and alternate with each play through. RV is the exception to this rule, but only for asset. I also use build 2 for male in RV.

Edited by Hero-King

On my first playthrough of each path, I used the same exact Avatar. No differences besides Talent and Boon/Bane. Second playthrough for BR also used the same one, but Conquest 2 and Rev 2 were PMUs. I've also made a dedicated female MU if I decide to go Femui in a casual playthrough. They're named Em and Emm respectively.

ex2QHvp.pngbTT67TB.png

Edited by TrueEm

I used a different avatar for all three paths. It just didn't feel right using the same avatar, and then pulling an Undertale-esque reset to help the other side as the same person. Not to mention the marriages.

[spoiler=My Avatars]FHBHBaM.pngDLiHOEZ.pngNOEn12a.png

First is Eirika, who I used for Birthright, obviously based on Eirika from Sacred Stones.

Second is Nolend, who I used for Conquest, and whose name is an anagram of Donnel. He ended up becoming his own original character, and resides in my signature.

Lastly is Mel, who I'm using for Revelation, based on myself. It's male because I already decided who I wanted to marry, and I couldn't do that as a female avatar.

I was able to play Birthright and Revelations with my main avatar. I started on Conquest but felt like it was twisting the original spirit of the character so to speak so I reset with a girl and played conquest that way. Seriously, trying to use the same avatar for both Birthright and Conquest is like reading a bad alternate-reality fan fiction, where the writer makes the protagonist kill everyone he loves. At least in Revelations you get all the characters so it doesn't feel out of character ether way.

Edited by PeaceRibbon

Huh. Draco Malfoy eh ?...

Well, there's a charm in being smug, look at Iago and Leo.

Eh, It's always the same with me:Tall, black/white basic haircuts, with the black/white eyepatch. The gender doesn't matter.

I once tried to give my Avatar red/blue hairs, and strangely, I always thought it looked weird or ugly.

I'm boring.

Same Corrin, different classes: Paladin in Conquest, Hero in Birthright, and Dread Fighter in Revelation.

The only exception is the female avatar run I'm doing right now because I figure I might as well do at least one.