Favourite Song of 2016

Kylo Drumman

Hi guys I...no...All of my friends and I haven't been on lately... hehe...I've been inactive a lot...so I wouldn't know.

Anyways...

Lets get to it

List down your top 15 so far in 2016, when ya get a new song edit your post or make a new one

15. Chearleader (Omi feat. Felix Jaehn

14. Drop in the Ocean (Omi feat. AronChups

13. For you (Park Avenue feat. Rich Edwards

12. Contigo (Enrique Eglasias feat. Pitbull...and someone else

11. Meri Kalibobo ( Im not sure who

10. Party Animal (Charlye Black

9. Brad Pitt my Cousin (Macklemore feat. Ryan Lewis

8. Take a Chance (Little Dragon feat. Flume

7. Wifi Tears (Slip x slurs

6. Turtle Town (Stephen Walking

5. Sex (Cheatcodes feat. Kriss kross

4. Closer (Nick Jonas feat. Tove Lo

3. Sacred Woods (Varien feat. Skyelle

2. Waiting for you (Unlike Pluto feat. Joana Jones

1. New Sky (San Holo

There you go.....

It doesn't have to be Ascending or Descending

Cheap Thrills (Remix) - Sia feat Sean Paul

In Common - Alicia Keys

There's more, I'd just have to look at a list of songs released specifically this year and not a song on an album from last year that was released as a single this year.

So far, my favorites are(in no particular order):

I Am(Become Death)- O'Brother

Skyscraper- Marissa Nadler

Frankie Sinatra- The Avalanches

Atomic Number- case/lang/veirs

Momentary- Hands Like Houses

I haven't been listening to much new stuff but the ones I have I really like they are:

the Andy Black album Darker side ( Andy is the lead singer of Black Veil Brides and he did a solo album)

Simple Plan Taking One for the Team album

Vile Valo's work with MGT

I tend to like Rock or Punk best but I am rather picky.

no order

desiigner -- tiimmy turner

desiigner -- panda

why you always hatin -- yg

dj khaled -- holy key

kendrick lamar -- basically all of untitled unmastered

travis scott -- 3500

travis scott -- antidote

schoolboy q -- that part

danny brown -- when it rain

kanye west -- first half of the life of pablo (i like the whole album tho)

future -- low life

future -- jumpman

not usually exclusive to hip-hop but i've been a little bored with indie folk as of late...

You guys got some pretty good songs....And wow....A black guy (Pheonix Wright)....

Sorry...hehehehe

Its my first time to see a black person on this site....who puts a white guy as his AV...OK im not sure youre black....so don't get insulted

Big Sean/Jhene Aiko -- all of Twenty88

Hopsin -- Illmind 8

D Low -- Bet You Cant Do It Like Me

EDIT:

You guys got some pretty good songs....And wow....A black guy (Pheonix Wright)....
Sorry...hehehehe
Its my first time to see a black person on this site....who puts a white guy as his AV...OK im not sure youre black....so don't get insulted

He wouldn't be the only one

Edited by Motendra

• still falling for you - ellie goulding
  • too much is never enough/I will be/wish that you were here - florence + the machine
  • boombayah/whistle - blackpink
  • heathens - twenty one pilots
  • just like fire - pink
  • lowlife/altar - that poppy
  • closer - the chainsmokers ft halsey
  • true colours (cover) - marina and the diamonds
  • needed me - rihanna

thought I had more.. probably forgetting some

Edited by ♯Jin

• 2 weeks later...

noticed this thread before 2017, and honestly i don't get enough credit for that

1. Floorplan - Tell You No Lie (pounding house-meets-disco-meets-gospel. majestic stuff. feels destined to become a niche classic)
2. Jessy Lanza - It Means I Love You (v smart experimental song from a v smart experimental album. still manages to be fun...)

3. Beyonce - All Night (lemonade doesn't hold a candle to s/t imho; this song does on its own. please ignore the fanvid lol avert avert)

4. Mitski - Your Best American Girl (no, ur fav crrnt sngr-sngwrtr cld nvr. dig the angsty music video)
5. Lil Uzi Vert - Canadian Goose (kinetic mid-aughts hot topic-core. maybe one day i'll like lil yachty too??)

6. Tim Hecker - Music of the Air (dat coda. wish the rest of the album went more in this vocal ambient direction)
7. Dominowe - Africa's Cry (menacing south african beats and cries. feel like this might've surfaced pre-official last december shhh)
8. Oranssi Pazuzu - Saturaatio (12-minute transcendental black metal epic. innovative stuff with a nurrrrow appeal)
9. Jessy Lanza - Oh No (...but make this your first jessy lanza song. much more straightforward. epilepsy warning aaaaaaa)
10. Young Thug - Harambe (my husband is a beautiful troll. shit goes harder than we deserve)
11. Nef the Pharaoh - Michael Jackson (this is a really lovely song)
12. Amnesia Scanner - AS Chingy (this song is violence)
13. Emel Mathlouthi - Ensen Dhaif (tunisian protest artist. captivating stuff i know nothing about)
14. Hidden Turn - Not Kill (quality drum 'n' bass tune in the year of our lord 2016, now that's cratedigging. ty spotify one love)
15. Future - All Right (groovy half-song. starting to realize that ds2 was maybe actually my fav rap album of 2015 don't @ me)

shouts out to Hardcore Sounds from Tehran B by Sote. it's side b of the album, doesn't feel right to call it "a song" so i didn't include it. but this 20-minute iranian techno epic (!!!) is the hardest h*cking thing i've heard this year. hardest album art too. for awareness

also to isaiah rashad. listening to his album as i type all this, 4r Da Squaw miiiight belong on the list? idk i just post here