New player here!

Hi guys, long time fire emblem player, and tcg player. Really love the game, and although it will take me forever to learn Japanese I want to get into this.

I bought a box of the first booster series and had a few questions.

Is there any deck geared towards the shapeshifters?

Whats Tiki all about?

For an overall collection should I focus on the starter decks?

Im still trying to make sense of everything and im jumping the gun by posting so soon but im happy there is a community for this.

Hey, welcome to the community! :) I'll let the more player-oriented members answer your more game related questions, but as a collector...

Collecting is kind of a personal thing, so I'd say it depends on where your priorities lie, what kind of cards you're interested in, and how much money you're willing to put in. ST Decks are nice and fun to collect because they're fairly cheap, you always know what cards you're going to get, and you can also easily use them for playing as well since each is a full, usable deck in its own right. Booster Series cards are generally more expensive (¥5000 per box as opposed to less than a quarter of that for an ST Deck), but there are also many more cards, including signed cards and textured SRs, which you won't find at all in the ST Decks. You also get a bunch of different cards that give you more options for varied and interesting decks, and you have more opportunities for trading with others as well. Completing a full set of a particular Booster Series is expensive, but you obviously don't have to get the full set if you don't want to (unless you're one of those obsessive collectors anyway). There are also promo cards that some people like to collect, but those can get really pricey, especially the ones that are limited to events.

I personally would suggest getting some of the booster series too in addition to the ST Decks, since they're more dynamic and varied, and you get the fun of opening packs and trading with other collectors and players. If you don't want to commit to more booster boxes, you can also buy or trade for cards individually, either for deck purposes, or to collect cards of a certain colour or character.

Hello there.

Welcome to our little small, but... warm community I suppose.

http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Fire_Emblem_TCG

We have a dedicated Wiki that helps with card translations so you don't have to do any - its as easy as playing the game and remembering the card skills yourself (I do that to remember).

Starter Decks are easy to fill gaps in, but you won't get too many spectacular things. Boxes at least grant you a few Super Rares to fill up your collection, and 1 box can easily fill one up compared to an ST.

http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Tiki_(Cipher)

There can be a deck made full of the Laguz, but it's mainly just Ranulf right now.

Hi guys, long time fire emblem player, and tcg player. Really love the game, and although it will take me forever to learn Japanese I want to get into this.

I bought a box of the first booster series and had a few questions.

Is there any deck geared towards the shapeshifters?

Whats Tiki all about?

Im still trying to make sense of everything and im jumping the gun by posting so soon but im happy there is a community for this.

Aight, let's answer some of your questions.

1. Yes, and it's "Ranulf + Laguz pallios". It's kinda meh, but playable nonetheless.

2. Tiki is a dragon, which will put her at the top of Marth and Roy's hitlist if she's out, and her Cost 5 variation is all about bullshit like "putting her supports into your bonds"

3. There's some starter-exclusive cards in there, and some of them are useful. Like RESONATING FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-

Go get 'em, tiger.

• 4 weeks later...

Instead of learning japanese, you can sleeve the cards and put notes in the sleeves. It works perfectly for me.

I made a laguz deck myself (with Volug as main, since I don't have enough Ranulfs), I find it works fairly nice in early game and against decks that rely too much on their rear guard. But while it's fun to play with, it lacks on card drawing and support cards.