Favorite non-lord class for the MU (Corrin)?

Prince Cavvy

As the title states, what do you pick for your "side" class for your MU? I personally like Dark Knight (obviously) because it gives you both access to the Yato and to higher-grade magic tomes while also giving you more mobility in a fight, although you do end up with a dual-weakness to both Beast and Dragon bonus-damage weapons.

Blacksmith. It's my favorite class, keeps Sword access, and it works with me typically making Corrin a Tank. Granted, they can do it just as well as well or better as a Hoshido/Nohr Noble.

I always end up choosing my class based almost solely on aesthetics and how cool it looks lmao, so for my Birthright MU I'm choosing Kinshi Knight (or possibly Samurai?) and for Conquest I'll choose Sorcerer. Although I'm pretty sure I'll have their final classes be their respective Noble, for novelty's sake. And for dragonstones. Even though they're useless apparently???? What can I say, I am weak for dragons.

I like keeping the Yato access so Grandmaster and Dread Fighter are favorites. I generally like to make Kamui a hybrid class because you can actually tailor his stats to fit them, unlike most characters in the game. It's awsome getting flying + tomes through Dark Flier and Revenant Knight.

I don't do much reclassing for MU in Conquest because Dragonstones are fantastic utility in CQ (Effie can't be everywhere at once) and other units want Heart Seals more, but in Birthright where money rains from the sky I usually run +Mag/-Lck and I alternate between Dark Knight and Malig Knight (Dark Mage secondary, married to Scarlet) depending on the design of the map. (Malig if there is a ton of terrain and DK if it's a more open map where no Bow weakness and Yato come in handy)

Edited by Wayward Alchemist

I don't pick my side class for classes, I mostly do it for skills, since Nohr Noble is my favorite class in the game honestly. I pick Diviner for Basara to make sure that both Corrin and Kana get access to Quixotic, which is basically what I consider a must-have skill in any ironman run.

But if were to take the title directly...

Probably Dark Knight, since its got access to swords for the Yato and tomes for enemy phase. Granted, hidden weapons would probably be slightly better, but Dark Knight has some of the best overall defensive stats of any class in the game, only really beaten by the Oni Chieftain. And that can't use the Yato and has worse move.

Well I would say ballistican (because I love the class) but its probably not the best and dosen't have yato access. So Bow knight because I am biased towards bows and I still get to use the yato.