Who are your favorite Fire Emblem Youtubers?

IceBrand

I've tried watching a variety of youtubers doing fire emblem, but fire emblem simply does not make a good vidio. It is too slow. Dondon's videos are the only ones i like, because his runs are RTA optimized, even though he is going for LTC, so they tend to be pretty fast. The way the rationales for his strategies are precisely spelled out is great. Otherwise, I prefer the screenshot format, because it cuts out the unimportant bits.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uh you noticed that he was making a shitty pun with your name right

or are you just intentionally ignoring that because it's almost as awful

while it's funny that it matters to you so much that oh no ike might have missed being a baby at one person, with his lack of quote usage he could very well have been responding to both rezzy and nym because all those posts were pretty close together time-wise

uh you noticed that he was making a shitty pun with your name right

or are you just intentionally ignoring that because it's almost as awful

yeah that's why i said it's "almost" as awful

it's not as bad but it's still not very original!

I guess we could say that my pun was not very... unique.

But seriously, I was only teasing him, no need to care that much about it.

while it's funny that it matters to you so much that oh no ike might have missed being a baby at one person, with his lack of quote usage he could very well have been responding to both rezzy and nym because all those posts were pretty close together time-wise

I think the ''I heard that thing a million of times'' was for me since he also responded to Rezzy's post with another post.

Edited by Nym

i mean i don't actually care that much i was just wondering whether or not he noticed that it was a dumb pun and not just a post

Edited by unique

fuck this

why do i bother using my actual name on this forum

I didn't mean to offend, just lighthearted jabs.

I'm sorry; if you genuinely don't like stuff like that, I'll stop. It never really bothered me when people used my name for stuff, but it was mostly limited to "Friends" references about Rachel. Since Rachel's your sister's name, you may have others that you're aware of.

Since Rachel is your sister's name, you may have a lifetime of experience finding unique insults for that name, so feel free to direct any and all towards me, if you wish.

I didn't mean to offend, just lighthearted jabs.

I'm sorry; if you genuinely don't like stuff like that, I'll stop. It never really bothered me when people used my name for stuff, but it was mostly limited to "Friends" references about Rachel.

Here's a good general rule of thumb: don't make lighthearted jabs with people you don't know because not everyone will react or feel the same way you do :/

Here's a good general rule of thumb: don't make lighthearted jabs with people you don't know because not everyone will react or feel the same way you do :/

I uh think that's a bit strict tbh

I think as long as you learn from your mistake that's fine enough. As long as you genuinely show that you are sorry and won't try to do that again I'd say that's good enough for anybody. That's what second chances are for.

Making jokes is a part of many people's nature, too much so that I'd say that's overboard to try make them restrain it that much. Especially since there is usually no harm meant out of those kinds of jokes.

What I would say is thing to look out for is to not continue that kind of teasing after the person has already made an angry post about it. It's possible Rezzy didn't realize that he was being so serious, but it might have been good to play it safe (at least, I guess anybody who genuinely cared should do so because I know there are those "LOL TROOOOOOOOOOLLZZZZZZZ XDDDDDD" out there)

ike's still a baby though

I uh think that's a bit strict tbh

I think as long as you learn from your mistake that's fine enough. As long as you genuinely show that you are sorry and won't try to do that again I'd say that's good enough for anybody. That's what second chances are for.

Making jokes is a part of many people's nature, too much so that I'd say that's overboard to try make them restrain it that much. Especially since there is usually no harm meant out of those kinds of jokes.

What I would say is thing to look out for is to not continue that kind of teasing after the person has already made an angry post about it. It's possible Rezzy didn't realize that he was being so serious, but it might have been good to play it safe (at least, I guess anybody who genuinely cared should do so because I know there are those "LOL TROOOOOOOOOOLLZZZZZZZ XDDDDDD" out there)

Pure semantics. You had no right to make such a joke!

this wasn't even a jab, let alone a lighthearted one, what the hell? lol

all of my unironic getting mad on an internet forum was directed at aag, the other two folks just caught backblasts. it's the convergence of four irrepressible truths:

(1) my name has been ike for at least as long as i've been here, which is some years

(2) 'ike fights for his friends' is a tired meme

(3) jokes are funny with context

(4) the reality of the ultimate bourgeois mindset, where the contexts and experiences of the self outweigh those of the other

what conclusions can one draw from these four pieces of data? given that (4) is near-universally true for this forum, being as it is a hive of bourgeoisie scum, and that (2) is true as well, being as memes, like minions, are simultaneously hilarious to the decadent and completely lacking in humor value, it's easy to conclude that not only do people often make a comparison to fire emblem ike xD when i use my name on this forum, but that it's highly likely to be a meme; ergo, that. exact. sentence*. there is a vanishingly small chance that, in my long tenure on this forum, i've not heard that exact phrase used as soon as somebody sees my name, so a logical addition to the evidence is that (5) i have heard this before a lot.

with the addition of (5) we can rule out immediately that anybody saying it to me is in fact being original; however, the existence of (4) says that a non-trivial amount of time they think they are. then, consider (3) - referring to the case, what context was there to the joke? none, it was just a catch phrase spouted automatically with no value whatsoever. the only link possible was "he said 'ike'" - a link which is embellished by the bourgeois mindset until the meme becomes more than a catch phrase; bazinga itself becomes a joke, as long as you're in on it.

a sixth truth we can pull from the pool of universal truths to tie this all up in a nice package is A = A; in other words (6) memes are bad. now we're talking about a meme, which has been applied to me many times with no provocation besides "he said ike", which is often said from a place of bourgeois mindset - the teller thinking that, perhaps, they could be the first to have said it, or at least among the first few, that perhaps the joke is not long dead. the only final conclusions to be drawn are thus: either (7a) i am, myself, fully bourgeois and find this hilarious, (7b) i have learned to just shut up and deal with this thing i dislike, (7c)

thread evidence, plus every other goddamn time this has happened, points pretty obviously to (7c). i have proven that i am, in fact, a baby. qed.

* the runner up is asking me how soren is doing, if you're curious

Edited by Integrity

all of my unironic getting mad on an internet forum was directed at aag, the other two folks just caught backblasts. it's the convergence of four irrepressible truths:

(1) my name has been ike for at least as long as i've been here, which is some years

(2) 'ike fights for his friends' is a tired meme

(3) jokes are funny with context

(4) the reality of the ultimate bourgeois mindset, where the contexts and experiences of the self outweigh those of the other

what conclusions can one draw from these four pieces of data? given that (4) is near-universally true for this forum, being as it is a hive of bourgeoisie scum, and that (2) is true as well, being as memes, like minions, are simultaneously hilarious to the decadent and completely lacking in humor value, it's easy to conclude that not only do people often make a comparison to fire emblem ike xD when i use my name on this forum, but that it's highly likely to be a meme; ergo, that. exact. sentence*. there is a vanishingly small chance that, in my long tenure on this forum, i've not heard that exact phrase used as soon as somebody sees my name, so a logical addition to the evidence is that (5) i have heard this before a lot.

with the addition of (5) we can rule out immediately that anybody saying it to me is in fact being original; however, the existence of (4) says that a non-trivial amount of time they think they are. then, consider (3) - referring to the case, what context was there to the joke? none, it was just a catch phrase spouted automatically with no value whatsoever. the only link possible was "he said 'ike'" - a link which is embellished by the bourgeois mindset until the meme becomes more than a catch phrase; bazinga itself becomes a joke, as long as you're in on it.

a sixth truth we can pull from the pool of universal truths to tie this all up in a nice package is A = A; in other words (6) memes are bad. now we're talking about a meme, which has been applied to me many times with no provocation besides "he said ike", which is often said from a place of bourgeois mindset - the teller thinking that, perhaps, they could be the first to have said it, or at least among the first few, that perhaps the joke is not long dead. the only final conclusions to be drawn are thus: either (7a) i am, myself, fully bourgeois and find this hilarious, (7b) i have learned to just shut up and deal with this thing i dislike, (7c)

thread evidence, plus every other goddamn time this has happened, points pretty obviously to (7c). i have proven that i am, in fact, a baby. qed.

* the runner up is asking me how soren is doing, if you're curious

i was gonna say something, but this one was beautiful, actually. you're doing good work, comrade.

Edited by fuccboi

Okay, but have you considered changing your name? That would probably help decrease the amount of "Fight for my friends" jokes that are directed towards you.