Opinions on that Fire Emblem Awakening Character #1 - #51 (Chrom & Robin & Grima)

RoyLKing

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's talk about parallel opinions...

Priam

He's the neighbor I haven't bothered to even meet. That's the case with all spotpass characters that you can obtain only after beating the game.

Noire

It seems that people here actually like her. To her credit, there's not much you can really complain about with her, unlike a lot of the young uns in this game. You can turn her into an infinite Nosferatu tank (if she gains access to the merc class), or into an archester archer than Virion; either way, there's plenty of BLOOD AND THUNDER to be had if you use her. She endearing in a Brady sort of way, and her frightful nature isn't as overdone as Yarne's is. It's also understandable she'd be like she is, since she has a mother who constantly uses her as a guinea pig for her unethical experiments, and has to put up with watching her father get tormented by similar curses. Though her conversation with her mother in Future Past is kind of nice.

I suppose she's also something of a precursor to everyone's favorite fashionista from Hoshido, at least as far as her gimmick is concerned. I guess there's something right with how the "scary face" gimmick is always treated, since both of these characters reached a broad appeal. Though correlation is not causation, so it probably has little to do with the gimmick.

Libra

Somewhat relateable and useful as a unit, his design is alright.

Anna

Not a fan of her character wise (the gold digger is a turn off for me) but she does look cool and rocks trickster like no tomorrow

Panne

I like Panne as a Taguel her design is interesting and her backstory relateable

Severa

Forced Tsundare is not cool. Other than that she's a good solid unit regardless of who her daddy is.

Priam

UGH, and that is all I have to say for this guy. Litterally my most hated spotpass unit. Mostly because he's so late that just about all of my other units are better than him by a long shot (*cough Chrom cough*) and Ike isn't really that great to me...(I have a thing for Marth even though I have yet to play the games that actually feature him properly as his own unit...)

Noire

Freaking adorable and the only reason I tolerate Tharja, she makes for a good waifu for M!Morgan (and she's just so cute!) is a good solid unit without galeforce (and the one I failed to get in my first playthrough of awakening :(:)

Priam

I kind of don't care about him, to be honest. The most I can say about Priam is that I hate how his arrival briefly revived all those annoying shipping wars and arguments about Tellius canon, but since that doesn't really have anything to do with Priam himself I can't hold it against him. I guess he looks kinda neat, at least?

Noire

My darling child whom I adore above all others. A wonderful unit and a wonderful character who deserves infinitely better. I don't know why she starts as an Archer since she's better off as a Dark Mage, but Noire as a Sniper looks very fashionable so it's not all bad.

I'm kinda getting burned out from doing these things, so I'll proceed to making these a bit faster by making it three characters from tomorrow since we only have 15 characters or so left.

Today's characters are Sully and Stahl, what are your opinion on them?

I'm kinda getting burned out from doing these things, so I'll proceed to making these a bit faster by making it three characters from tomorrow since we only have 15 characters or so left.

Ey, nice avatar, man.

Sully

I can't remember a single non-combat line she has.

Stahl

Sweet, but there's not too much more to say about him. I do appreciate his ability to make tonics and potions; gives him a bit of much-needed depth at the very least.

Sully - I hate her. She plays the gender card too much, and I hate the constant swearing to look tougher, because it just seems really really stupid and often out of place.

Stahl - So here's a guy whose entire character is how average he is. Which... is boring.

Sully

She's okay. I don't hate her as much as her kid and I admit I feel empathy when it comes to her being wary/cautious about her femininity (or lack of.) She could have been done better I guess, but she also could have been done worse. Good support with Chrom.

Stahl

A cutie and a sweetheart. I don't mind his "boringness" or averageness because everyone else is usually so over the top I really don't mind. Has a cute support with Cordelia and overall is a really good dad. Plus... I think he's adorable...

Sully

I kind of love Sully a lot, even if her design includes that awful toilet-shaped neck armor. Pretty much my go-to pick for Chrom's spouse. I don't appreciate how the game has her talk about people dismissing her because of her gender while simultaneously showing absolutely no one doing anything of the sort, but frankly that's just bad writing so I don't hold it against her. I pretty much loved her from the second she showed up and shut down Virion.

Stahl

Eh, he's not too exciting but he's got a few cute supports. Like Sully, I'd like his design better if he ditched the toilet bowl. It's ultimately not such a bad thing that he's fairly stable and normal given how wacky everyone else can get; like I said with Lucina, you need at least a couple "boring" characters in a cast like Awakening's. The favoritism I show towards Sully means I rarely have much for Stahl to do except be Severa or Gerome's dad, but at least he makes good parent fodder.

Sully:

I don't like her. She's nothing but a sexist jerk. NO ONE looks down on her because of her gender, and her dumb cussing to look tough is, well, dumb. Her design ain't great, and she's inferior to Stahl and Frederick. At least she isn't as bad as her daughter, or Tharja, I guess...

Stahl:

I like him! He's actually one of my favorite characters in the game, he has a lot of solid supports and there's nothing really annoying or bad about him. He's also got one of the better supports with Cordelia! As a unit he's good enough, and his design is one of the better ones in the game.

Sully

She's fine, although I agree that she uses the gender card way too often. Although she has some good supports.

As a unit... meh. She's just a bit too unfocused in any areas, and turns out blegh.

Stahl

He's pretty chill. He's got some great supports with small bits of backstory thrown in... I never liked him until somewhat recently, but he's definitely becoming a favorite.

As a unit, he rocks! Sure, he will get doubled by everything in the mid-game, but he's got killer Strength and Defense, not to mention great reclassing.

Sully

She's tough, has some pretty good supports and I quite like her paired up with Stahl or Donnel. Chrom is alright as well but Lucina loses out on galeforce/classes she needs (mercenary comes to mind here). Other than that I actually like her, I thought the design was alright and she is usually a good unit for me.

Stahl

As adverage as he is Stahl has a lot of moments in his supports where he shines well. He is a great unit for me and usually is the easiest to train up and get to awesome levels :D: so Stahl is not so adverage to me.

Fine characters both. I usually used both of them well enough up until the half point of the game, at which point I sort of forget about Sully. I keep Stahl around for longer, but I don't use him that much at later stages either. Stahl was fine enough, his personality seem pretty much average, so nothing too annoying. Sully had her thing going on and was fine for the most part but got a little over used some times for me. But overall I didn't mind either of them.

Oh boi, we got red n' green up in here.

Sulkin' Sully

She's supposed to be that "tough gal", but she gets totally beaten by, like, three different guys in duels, and she lectures Stahl on how he's bigger and stronger than her (which, growth wise and base wise, is true, but it further diminishes her image of being a toughie). I like any chum with a toilet mouth, and I do like strong female characters, but... eh, gender card. Like, we get it. You're a chick and people don't give you much respect 'cuz of it (even though hardly anyone else in the game gives a shit about gender). It doesn't come across as strong; it comes across as insecure. That's how she seems to me in many of the supports where she talks about gender. This all being said, I did enjoy Sully and Sumia randomly getting philosophical in their A support.

Aside from the mentioned, I do like her well enough. Better than Kjelle.

CDi Stalin

'Cuz he's Stalin for some actual character development. Though but seriously, he's nice for characters to bounce off of, and he isn't entirely a droll. He does have a bit more to him than his averageness; he got the potions n' tonics thing going (Midori, is that you???), he's a nice fellow who tries his best to get along with everyone, and he's got the appetite of a Super Sand Lesbian (Dragon Ball parody joke; not talking actual lesbians), though that's an overplayed joke in anime that isn't too terribly funny in the first place. Good thing the gimmick hardly shows up. In a world where you have so many ridiculous characters with gimmicks and quirks, you need a few anchors. Though Chrom and Lucina are much more appealing anchors to me.

7/10, better than CDi Link. Would eat a pegasus again.

Stahl has chill, but really little else.

I agree with this, but it's not always a bad thing. It allows for other characters to develop instead. The worst possible support is when it's just about a gimmick and little else; Stahl at least lets others talk. Compare him to someone like Setsuna from Fates.

Sully

She's okay. I liked her support with Chrom as well as her support with Vaike. I like her design too, except for that toilet bowl the cavaliers have around their necks.

Stahl

Stahl is simple, and I like that. It's too bad he doesn't get a ton of development. Off the top of my head, I know he is good with mixing elixirs and that he has a brother. I'm fond of his design for reasons I can't quite grasp—it must be the hair or something. As I've already stated, I think that of all the characters, he is the most grounded and supportive to be a parent—particularly to Severa, something I've said, like, a million times. As a unit, he, like others, serves his purpose well and that's about all I can ask for.

I agree with this, but it's not always a bad thing. It allows for other characters to develop instead. The worst possible support is when it's just about a gimmick and little else; Stahl at least lets others talk. Compare him to someone like Setsuna from Fates.

Indeed. Stahl's the kind of guy you can just talk to. He isn't inclined towards japes or tomfoolery. He just wants to help out and be friends with his comrades. I appreciate Stahl's role, even if I don't use him too much.

As much as she pulls her woman card, there are supports where she leaves it out...

That's why I don't hate her like others here. I mean, I'll admit, when she pulls it, it's quite grating. But she has other supports, and they are quite nice.

M!Morgan:

He's... there. I've only seen his Kjelle support, and he was being really pushy in it. Not the biggest fan.

F!Morgan:

I don't know why, but I find her sadistic side to be kinda hilarious. Maybe I'm a bit of a sadist myself...

Generally, she's just pretty adorkable.

Yen'fay:

He's there. His motives are kinda weird in the main story, but I actually liked him coming back as a Spotpass unit. His supports were pretty interesting.

Donnel:

Good character, amazing unit. I know he's very hard to use in Lunatic and Lunatic+, but I'll find a way...

Also I kinda want to know: When you use Donnel, do you prefer to Second Seal him into Fighter or Mercenary?
I go Merc for Armsthrift myself, although Warrior is a great class for him.

Also I kinda want to know: When you use Donnel, do you prefer to Second Seal him into Fighter or Mercenary?

I go Merc for Armsthrift myself, although Warrior is a great class for him.

Merc, high luck armshrift is really op, plus more weapon access is good.

Okay, time for some new characters. Today's characters are Morgan, Yen'fay and Donnel.

Morgan:

I'm pretty neutral about Morgan, both the male and female versions. They don't really have any annoying gimmick like some of the other characters, and they aren't creepy stalkers, an abusive parent, or a sexist jerk...so they got that going for them. They're not my favorites, but they're fine. Design-wise, it's pretty much just a smaller Robin. And as units...my gosh, they are freaking beasts!

Yen'fay:

Yen'fay is actually a character I was okay with bringing back. Because unlike the other SpotPass characters (excluding Priam), he wasn't needlessly resurrected or pull a "oh hey I actually didn't die" card. This Yen'fay came back from the future, just like Lucina and the other kids. With all of that said, I like him well enough. He doesn't really have many supports, but what he does get is okay. And as a unit, I really don't use him all that much simply because there are other units I prefer, but I do like using him from time to time.

Donnel:

He's okay. He's really just a nice guy who seems to get along with pretty much everyone! His design is okay too, but that pot is...kind of odd, I guess. I never really cared for all the villagers wearing pots. Eh. He's a pain to raise as a unit, and honestly sometimes it really doesn't seem worth it, but despite that I find myself setting up some kills to grind him up a bit.

M!Morgan:

He's... there. I've only seen his Kjelle support, and he was being really pushy in it. Not the biggest fan.

OHOH

Watch his support with Nah. It's my favorite.

Morgan, both of them

Honestly? I do like Morgan. They manage to be cute and love their parents without that being their only real characteristic. They're curious, can be mischievous, and they work hard. I do like MMorgan's more mellowed out behavior compared to FMorgan's, but I really, truly like both of them to bits. I won't lie and, possibly embarrassingly say, I have gotten legitimately angry when they're attacked/at a disadvantage. It's more than I can say for their watered down replacement in Kana. They're both pretty good kids.

Also MMorgan looks great with Cherche's hair color.

rtIYeVO.png

Yen'fay

Who? ... He has a cool sword, I guess?

Donnel

Sweet kid, pretty useless to use unless you need dad fodder. I don't get the people who argue he's really good when he's mediocre at best. I try and get him married though because for all his hard work he deserves a wife. Hair color he passes down is beautiful too.

They're both pretty good kids.

giphy.gif

Something tells me you haven't seen many of F!Morgan's supports.

Watch his support with Nah. It's my favorite.

Huh, I forgot about that support...

I might want to go read some M!Morgan supports. Maybe I just don't particularly like him right now since I rarely use F!MU, and therefore M!Morgan.