Official Smash Tier List 2.0 (Now with Bayo and Corn on the Cob)

Truthblade

Its been released two days ago, but i'm surprised no one is discussing it here, so i decided to just go ahead and make a topic.

https://smashboards.com/threads/4br-smash-for-wii-u-tier-list-v2-0.440779/

Link's here.

What i find the most interesting is the rather large gap between the angels. Whats up with that?

Thoughts?

Why is Mewtwo so high all of a sudden?

They added more weight to him, reduced some frames for his kill moves and moves that allow him to follow up.

Also, Mewtwo has been putting in a lot of work in tournaments recently. I'm surprised Roy is so low and I know this will make ZeRo want to prove them wrong even more.

Text version:

--------------------TOP--------------------
S: Diddy Kong, Cloud, Sheik, Rosalina, Mario, Sonic, Fox
A: Zero Suit Samus, Ryu, Mewtwo, Bayonetta

-------------------HIGH--------------------
B: Pikachu, Meta Knight, Villager, Mega Man, Ness
C: Toon Link, Corrin, Marth, Captain Falcon, Greninja, Lucario

--------------------MID---------------------
D: Yoshi, Pit, Donkey Kong, Peach, Dark Pit, R.O.B., Luigi
E: Olimar, Robin, Bowser, Lucas, Wario, Ike, Lucina -

-------------------LOW-------------------
F: Mr. Game & Watch, Pac-Man, Little Mac, Palutena, Kirby, Duck Hunt, Link G: Shulk, Samus, Wii Fit Trainer, Bowser Jr., Dr. Mario, Falco, Roy ------------------BOTTOM----------------
H: Charizard, King Dedede, Zelda, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff

A lot of people are saying Cloud is overrated here, and should be a tier below.

I feel like Roy being just short of bottom tier is more due to the lack of representation; I wasn't expecting anything high, but being the last character in low...?

Also, not to pat myself on the back (or reignite stupid debates), but the three 3rd party DLC's are top tier. And Mewtwo, the biggest winner of the patches.

Why is Mewtwo so high all of a sudden?

He won a major and is now a pretty common character pick, after his various buffs.

Also I disagree with this list generally aside from the top set, because well everyones been getting results, theres such a huge vacuum, if you look at the results in the recent Japanese tourney I made a thread on we have some craziness like Link getting 9th etc haha.

They added more weight to him, reduced some frames for his kill moves and moves that allow him to follow up.

Also, Mewtwo has been putting in a lot of work in tournaments recently. I'm surprised Roy is so low and I know this will make ZeRo want to prove them wrong even more.

Only people who have been proving the Roy naysayers "wrong" has been Ryo and to a smaller extent, Sethlon with some other Roy's pitching in a bit more now, ZeRo is mostly focused on being all Diddy right now.

Edited by Jedi

Why is Pit > Dark Pit. arrows that useful for gimping?

It's probably Earth's Pit thats convincing people of that, like people are still making insanely different lists outside the top group to the point where any one list isn't accurate imo haha

What i find the most interesting is the rather large gap between the angels. Whats up with that?

When you look at the actual stats and data computation, they're basically at the same score.

List is pretty solid, though I think Ryu should be under Bayo and Mewtwo.

Why is Ike still so low after all the buffs he got?

Luigi shouldn't be that low either, he's still very good even after his nerfs (though I think he was nerfed too much. He dropped a LOT after them. Characters should naturally drop after nerfs, but not THAT much...).

Edited by Anacybele

When you look at the actual stats and data computation, they're basically at the same score.

List is pretty solid, though I think Ryu should be under Bayo and Mewtwo.

Hence why I asked. What makes Pit three spots better than Pittoo if they are basiclly the same? (Not that I hate them or anything)

Why is Ike still so low after all the buffs he got?

Luigi shouldn't be that low either, he's still very good even after his nerfs (though I think he was nerfed too much. He dropped a LOT after them. Characters should naturally drop after nerfs, but not THAT much...).

Its not just how many buffs/nerfs they have. Its how major/severe they are, and how the character was changed in comparison to the rest of the cast. Representation also has effect on this: I don't imangine many competitive smashers use Ike that much due to his relatively low attack speed.

Its not just how many buffs/nerfs they have. Its how major/severe they are, and how the character was changed in comparison to the rest of the cast. Representation also has effect on this: I don't imangine many competitive smashers use Ike that much due to his relatively low attack speed.

It's more his recovery, lack of a super good landing option and dealing with projectiles honestly. He has some pretty quick attacks, a good grab game and fairly good combos, not to mention a pretty good mixup game.

I say this as an Ike player, also there are a number of Ike's across the States, most notably Ryo & San. I think partly due to his lack of Japanese rep is where this comes from.

Edited by Jedi

Poor Wario, I think the problem is that pretty much nobody plays him and his lack of reliable KO moves hurts.

Many top players who played him dropped Wario as well. Abadango dropped him for Mewtwo and started winning tourneys with him (also answers the question above on why Mewtwo is so high).

You're right that he's got inconcistent KO moves, but I think what hurt him most was the buffs to others and the introduction of new characters. Mewtwo, Marth/Lucina and (to a lesser extent) Shulk got buffs enough to make the matchups more difficult for Wario. Cloud is just about Wario's worst matchup in the game.

Basically anyone with a sword or significant range to keep Wario out beats him or makes it a difficult matchup. The exception would be Roy because of his sword design.

Edited by DaveCozy

It'll be fun to play Roy in low-tier tournies :^).

However, this tier list is interesting. One of the reasons Roy is so low is because Sethlon didn't have any input on the tier list since he went to Super Smash Con. Sethlon is a part of the Smash Backroom.

I disagree with Cloud being the 2nd best though. He can be Top 5, however, we haven't seen enough. Especially because Sheik is a lot more established.

The tier list is alright though, it just underrates Duck Hunt and overrates Megaman a bit.

Finally? After be beated out anytime, Mewtwo Finally is in the place that he deserved as a Legendary Pokémon... I guess XDD

In the other hand, Roy needs more inputs, and maybe some Buffs. I understand him be low Tier. But bordeline Bottom Tier? Oh come on...