Question regarding thieves in Solos/Mount/Female only runs.

_Erai

So, should I deploy a Thief in maps where I need them to steal and open doors? Or bench them and buy a lot of Door/Chest keys and forget about stealing?

Depends on the rules you're adhering to. For drafts, usually there are specific rules regarding these situations. If you're just doing a challenge run for yourself, it's up to you how you would like to do it. Obviously using thieves in these situations will make things easier, but you may also consider that to go against the spirit of the challenge.

Personally, I would not use thieves in these situations unless there's not really much of a choice otherwise. That's a bit more difficult in older games, though less so in more recent games with all of the class changing and skills available.

So, should I deploy a Thief in maps where I need them to steal and open doors? Or bench them and buy a lot of Door/Chest keys and forget about stealing?

If you were doing a female only run of FE6 (well, other than being forced to bring Roy) you could always use Cath, or for Awakening you could use Anna (Or maybe reclass another girl into a thief, IDK if you can do that because the only person I actually reclass is Nowi)