Post opinions on the last game you have played

Lethakitty

Just finished Corpse party Blood Drive. Not sure how I feel exactly. In one way it's sad to definitely leave all those characters. In another, it means they won't have to endure horrible suffering..

Gameplay Wise, it was a pretty nice progression from the original. The loading time are kinda annoying, but it was good (though then swinging blade in Chapter 9 were pure bullshit (You have two blade running at different speed, and you need to find a special item in a small room crossed by the aforementioned blade. ...And then go back. So you need to do this twice at best.)

I also like the use of chibi 3D to contrast the horror of the scenes.

I know I always use this comparison (because it's a good one.), but I think this game is kinda like Awakening. Bigger, flashier, but we lost some part of the originals' charm.

Bad endings here are generally less interresting being mostly gruesome deaths instead of some of the delightfully cruel scenes we could have in previous games (there's one bad ending in the final chapter that is like that, but it's too few.)

And sicne this game was very much Ayumi's story the others one kinda fell in the background which is quite sad.

Bigger and flashier also comes from the new characters. Just look at Magari (Scyhe Girl.). The older oens were most relatable.

I liekd what they did with Kuon (who directly replaces a previous charatcer), since my feeling were the same that tose of the casts.

And EXChapter 4 is all kind of bad.

Still, it was good to have a final round with all of them. And the soulfull testimonies by the VA (who did once again an amazing works) were really great. It added a lot to the experience to hear them saying goodbye...

I'm not that much into horror usually, but it was a fine experience.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Earth Defense Force 4.1 - The Shadow of New Despair is my latest game, clocking in at 83 hours or so as of present, and will likely go for more as I haven't touched the DLC yet.

A part of me wants to say it's like "a Warriors game with guns", and with a setting of "B Movies, giant insects, robots, and total carnage." Grab a gun and shoot at giant insects! Yes, a spider is an insect! Dragons are the ultimate evolution of insects! There's a Mothership with a massive Genocide Gun that annihilates everything, but then there are massive ships that cover the entire sky. Call in tanks and robots from Pacific Rim! Call in a coastal missile that is practically a nuke! Punch Not-Godzilla in the face! Blow up entire cities to save Earth from alien attack! Sing with your squadmates while in combat! Everything is insane and dialed up to 11. Oh yes, it is a fun time. Join the EDF, it's all fun and games! Point and shoot, it's simple as that!...

Of course, playing the higher difficulties and later levels will show some complexity, and some strategy may be required to beat them. Overall, it's a fun game to turn one's brain off and blow stuff up.

To save our mother Earth from any alien attack ~

From vicious giant insects who have once again come back ~

We'll unleash all our forces we won't cut them any slack ~

The EDF Deploys!

So this one is an MMO that I started playing again. Thought I would post my opinions on it.

World of Warcraft: Legion

So far it isnt that bad. Questing has been fun, the Dungeons are challenging again, and the story isnt too bad. Proffessions have somehow gotten worst since Warlords of Draenor, and Engineering really sucks this expansion.

The new Demon Hunter class is fun. It has quickly become my new main. It is so much fun being able to double jump and glide in a game that once was pretty static in its movement.

The story isnt so bad like I said. I have quested in Val'sharah and High Mountain on Horde side so far, and questing through Stormheim and Azsuna on Alliance. I will put some of this in spoilers just in case. I also started the Suramar stuff, which is a ton of fun.

Val'sharah for the most part was good. I didnt like that Ysera died, as it felt pointless. She gets corrupted, you go through most of the zone not even acknowledging her existence, then you kill her. I would of liked for her "remains" to have at least been turned into a seed for a new world tree or something. Allow the Night Elves to get their immortality back. Something other than just death for no reason. The Black Rook Hold stuff was awesome though. Its nice to see some of the Night Elf lore characters be used again like Maiev and Jarod Shadowsong. As someone who loved Knaak's writing and the War of the Ancients books, its awesome to finally see some of those locations.

High Mountain was cool. I liked the atmosphere and look of the zone. It felt pretty peaceful, and loved climbing up the mountains to find things. It was an interesting tie in with Neltharion, aka Deathwing. I am hoping they move Huln to be the new Black Dragon flight leader, since Neltharion is dead, and the Black Dragon Prince is just a moron.

Suramar is great. I am loving the Nightborne/Withered story. The quests have been fun too, even if they are a bit repetitive. I spent almost two hours just exploring the main city in Suramar alone.

Stormheim is a mixed bag. I both like it as a big fan of the Alliance, and hate it as it was so unneeded. It is nice to see Genn finally get his revenge on Sylvanas for killing his son and destroying his kingdom, but at the same time the Alliance vs Horde angle is so overdone at this point. I am really hoping this is the last time we see it for a while.

Overall it isnt too bad. Ive enjoyed it from a casual perspective. I dont think I could ever get into it seriously, but I am looking forward to Karazhan being remade as a 5 man dungeon.

I have been playing Skyrim lately. Once again, part of my soul has been claimed by this game and, honestly, I don't want it back.

The game is about, what, five years old but the longevity of it is absolutely astounding—this is mostly due to mods, but it still stands as a testament to how many people still enjoy the game that mods are still being created. Hell, even the vanilla game is still fun to dick around in.

I've been playing with mods on my potato ass laptop but, thanks to a mod I discovered, I am more than satisfied with my experience; I don't mind giving up graphics in favor of the ability to actually play the game. The music is still as fantastic and atmospheric as ever; I travel on foot, just to maximize the amount of moments I can hear the soundtrack. Combat is still broken—particularly Sneak combined with Archery—but I'm still having a good laugh lodging arrows into the side of guards' heads while standing next to him and not being detected.

I've been playing some freedom planet on steam again, working on the achievements (about 40-45 done?).

It's a sonic-ish platformer, very fun. Good music. Besides the general praise you'll probably hear from everyone,

-The game has 4 characters, 1 of whom (Torque) maybe isn't as polished as the others (I haven't used him too much yet). Lilac is probably the easiest, as she has an easy-to-use hover jump, and a special attack that about maxes out her acceleration and propels her either along the ground or through the air at high speeds. She ricochets off walls for a brief time after using this, which sometimes slightly hinders your progress and sometimes helps her get places FAST. Because I used her first, I preferred her for the most part. However, as I'm using carol some in replaying the levels now, I'm starting to enjoy her more. Although she has less health, seems a bit slower on damage except against relatively stationary enemies, she can CLIMB WALLS LIKE MEGA MAN X, and doesn't need to build up a gauge to do so. I'm starting to enjoy playing as her more, since stumbling a bit with a dash can set you back on time with lilac. Carol also has the ability to sort of "leap" from a jump, boosting her speed as she goes left or right. This means that if you hit a slow spot, you can easily get back to a high speed, and again, don't need a filled up special gauge.

-The villain has a big battleship, which is the setting for the last 4 stages of the game. These stages are so much fun, maybe the best part of the game. The villain makes occasional announcements to you as you bug him (one per stage) about how he'll screw with you - for instance, in the first stage he opens some of the airlocks to try and flush you downwards for a "fall of the stage" style death.

-Trap hideout, a stage only carol (and milla and most likely torque, characters who were added later) plays, I hated the first time I played, but replaying it again for the speed record was really fun. Like I said, carol grew on me.

Dragon Quest VII 3DS

Well, there are some changes from the PSX version I don't like. Replacing the Temple puzzles with graverobbing a fetch quest wasn't particularly engaging, and I didn't like the fact the Saint/equipment association was made outright impossible to get wrong, it wasn't hard to begin with, but really? Let the player figure it out themself. I didn't like the change where rather than classical elements, the Shards/Fragments are now named after colors (ie FireShard became Red Fragment). The camera controls in the overworld are rather annoying (it feels like it's too close to the character, there's no centering option). The prologue doesn't set the "mystery" stage as well as the PSX version did, being far more direct. Overall, I think the prologue, while using better English, is a step down despite the shortened length being kinda necessary (it was needlessly long before).

The translation quality is a major step up overall though (proofreading!). And they aren't using the ugly font used on the PSX. The models are actually really nice for a 3DS game, though the protagonist seems to constantly look oddly serene, regardless of what's happening around him.

Colorstone Mines/Rainbow Mines puzzles are intact, so that's cool.

Dragon Quest VII 3DSWell, there are some changes from the PSX version I don't like. Replacing the Temple puzzles with graverobbing a fetch quest wasn't particularly engaging, and I didn't like the fact the Saint/equipment association was made outright impossible to get wrong, it wasn't hard to begin with, but really? Let the player figure it out themself.

I just recently started playing this game as well, but never played the original version. But despite having never played the original I could totally tell that the Saint Equiment thing used to be a puzzle and found it a little jarring. If you're going to get rid of the puzzle don't leave the elements of the puzzle there it's just stupid.

Anyways since I don't have the original compare it to I can only really compare to the last dragon quest game I played which is 5. And to start off with I just have say that this game introduction makes twilight princess's intro look like a masterpiece. It's so bad, and DQ 5 was actually pretty dang good... Well I can't say I wasn't warned all the reviews told me this before hand. Anyways other than in comparison to 5 that I appreciate the enemies are visible on field, and battle animations are cool if a little slow. Other than that I've only gotten as far as getting the second set of fragments so it's too early to give my overall impressions of the game.

Edited by Locke087

I just recently started playing this game as well, but never played the original version. But despite having never played the original I could totally tell that the Saint Equiment thing used to be a puzzle and found it a little jarring. If you're going to get rid of the puzzle don't leave the elements of the puzzle there it's just stupid.

Anyways since I don't have the original compare it to I can only really compare to the last dragon quest game I played which is 5. And to start off with I just have say that this game introduction makes twilight princess's intro look like a masterpiece. It's so bad, and DQ 5 was actually pretty dang good... Well I can't say I wasn't warned all the reviews told me this before hand. Anyways other than in comparison to 5 that I appreciate the enemies are visible on field, and battle animations are cool if a little slow. Other than that I've only gotten as far as getting the second set of fragments so it's too early to give my overall impressions of the game.

Tbh, DQVII's intro is outright infamous for how long it can take. It's faster in the 3DS version, but I feel they sacrificed a lot of the mood for that. The PSX version didn't have that fairy guy, and I feel he was pretty much unneeded playing this version. Or at least make him creepier.

The animation of Rexwood appearing also axes some of the surprise when you get there in the present.

The game picks up once you get to Ballymolloy/Rexwood, though.

Also Rainbow Cove doesn't appear to be connected to anything now. I liked that you could reach it without a portal before.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

So, just played some games recently:

Puyo Pop GBA: It's a really fun game. The art is not half bad, the story is funny and silly, and the gameplay is addicting. I never imagined joining blob-like coloured blocks so they could be destroyed and doing combos and chains of destroying these blocks would be so fun! The story is silly, but funny and it kept me entertained.

And I really like the protagonist, Arle Nadja, and how she interacted with everyone.

Puyo Pop Fever: This game is for the Ds, and like the GBA one, is pretty addicting. The graphics were obviously better and artstyle was way better. The gameplay is the same, with the exception of adding fever mode. In this mode, blocks are arranged in such an order that you can do multiple chain combos, completely beating your opponent. The story takes place in alternate universe to the world in Puyo Pop GBA, but it doesn't really have the same funny and silly tone. At least the characters were likeable, especially the protagonists, Amitie and Raffine.

Everyone loves Puyo Puyo! Which is why Sega not localizing them is really annoying. Instead, we have these weird re-skins like Kirby's Avalanche and Dr. Eggman's Mean Bean Machine.

Gyruss for the NES

Easily one of the best shoot 'em ups on the console, hands down. Fast-paced and extremely addicting/fun. It isn't balls-crushingly difficult like other games of the genre (fuck you Gradius 2), and actually has a pretty good difficulty curve. It doesn't feel like the game is screwing you over whenever you die (fuck you Abadox even though I love you), and it's very easy to pick up and play. Also has great soundtrack too.

Here's a video on it:

I would also recommend to try finding it in arcades too, because the arcade version is just as much fun. If you've ever seen a cabinet called "Multicade" it's probably on it.

Edited by Pixelman

i cant get behind the combat system in graces f. I am probably the only person who doesn't though, I like the CC but I don't like the arte system

Nah you aren't. Ironically, I don't like it either, but I thought the only good thing about Graces f was the battle system, and that's not saying much considering how I feel about that game. (Hint, I don't have a very high opinion of it)

Rayman Origins (PC): One of the tightest platformers I've evr played. It's all about gaining speed and momentum, where the game is at it's most fun. Level design is great, visual humor is pretty good, bosses are also pretty good and the soundtrack is great. One negative I have is the shooter segments where things got boring there. Nevertheless, Rayman Origins is awesome and one of my favorite games I've played this year 9/10

Edited by SSL01

Just finished Ace Attorney : Spitit of Justice.
​Maybe, you thought after Dual Destinies, they should have let it go and move on.

Well.. OBJECTION !

Changing country was the best decision for a while. It allows to have a more self contained story, and some cool new things. The Divination Séance isn't really a revolutionary new gameplay, but is interresting nevertheless.

Since our lives are litterally on the edge too, it adds more pressure to the case, and there are lots of great moments.

It's nice to see returning characters, and the new ones are generally pretty good. And the final villain is a pretty good one. (the whole final case was pretty intense, actually.)

Graces's battle and skill system were fine in my eyes.

Also the final dungeon is one of the better ones story- and gameplaywise in the Tales of series.

Honestly Abyss is the probably the most boring game because the battle system is the simplest one of the Tales of games I've played yet but it's still my favorite game of this series for being so simple. It was perfect as a newcomer to this series.

Pokemon Platinum. It's my favourite Pokemon game so I have a lot of bias towards it. Like I prefer the story over the other gens and the Pokemon too.

It also has my favourite Pokemon, Weavile.

Edited by Queen Zenobia

Everyone loves Puyo Puyo! Which is why Sega not localizing them is really annoying. Instead, we have these weird re-skins like Kirby's Avalanche and Dr. Eggman's Mean Bean Machine.

Yeah, but at least the GBA one and Fever were localized. Especially the GBA one, since I slightly like it more than Fever.

Also, the weird re-skins you mentioned reminded me of another Japanese puzzle game for the Snes, which, instead of being localized, was remade into a Yoshi game called Tetris Attack.The game was still fun, even if the characters from the Mario universe replaced the original characters.

Honestly Abyss is the probably the most boring game because the battle system is the simplest one of the Tales of games I've played yet but it's still my favorite game of this series for being so simple. It was perfect as a newcomer to this series.

Abyss is my second-favorite battle system, and the elemental rings were a hell of a lot of fun because I'm a scrub and abused Guy's Guardian. In slightly less words, I'll have to ban you. No hard feelings :P:

I'm not sure why Zestiria/Abyss are my favorites, despite being on literal opposite ends of the Tales battle system spectrum, but they are.

Abyss is my second-favorite battle system, and the elemental rings were a hell of a lot of fun because I'm a scrub and abused Guy's Guardian. In slightly less words, I'll have to ban you. No hard feelings :P:I'm not sure why Zestiria/Abyss are my favorites, despite being on literal opposite ends of the Tales battle system spectrum, but they are.

Funny, I happen to share the same opinion as you, when it comes to Tales games.

Sure, Abyss's battle system was simple, but that simplicity made it fun, and let's not forget that it was Abyss that introduced free run. Abyss having an amazing story helped as well.

Zestiria's battle system was fun as well, the only issue was having to have two humans in the party.

Funny, I happen to share the same opinion as you, when it comes to Tales games.

Sure, Abyss's battle system was simple, but that simplicity made it fun, and let's not forget that it was Abyss that introduced free run. Abyss having an amazing story helped as well.

Zestiria's battle system was fun as well, the only issue was having to have two humans in the party.

Abyss is my second-favorite battle system, and the elemental rings were a hell of a lot of fun because I'm a scrub and abused Guy's Guardian. In slightly less words, I'll have to ban you. No hard feelings :P:

I'm not sure why Zestiria/Abyss are my favorites, despite being on literal opposite ends of the Tales battle system spectrum, but they are.

Abyss had a brilliant story.

It was the darkest one of the parts I've played yet and gave me enough wet eyes in some moments (Akzeriuth's fall, Ion's death).

Zestiria's battle system was unique. However special attacks like armatization already existed in Xillia 2 (Ludger).

This game had too many other flaws to be an amazing game to me.

I rushed the world map and dungeons with holy bottles because generic battles gave you like no experience. There was no point of grinding. I only went for the elite monsters.