Post opinions on the last game you have played

Lethakitty

Xillia 2 and dawn of the new world are my favorites. I am one of those people who actually defends dawn of the new world. I liked the story of dawn of the new world and the fact that every sidequest can be accessed from the katz even though there simple sidequests. I didn't hate Emil mainly because I actually find him relatable in away. Enemy Mystic artes can't kill in dawn of the new world which I loved since I remember times in abyss being screwed by mystic artes, and I love the monster taming system.

Xillia 2 has my favorite battle system. I love the overall versatility of Ludger being able to switch between dual guns dual swords and a sledgehammer. I loved every character in xillia 2 and the focus on the playable characters through the character missions. I love Elle as a traveling companion and I find the plot actually interesting and not a trainwreck like other plots like it.

also both don't have magic lenses, and they have visible enemy health bars. I know those have been around for a while but I just don't like the concept of magic lenses.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing Super Robot Wars: Original Generation for the GBA while my not-junk laptop is in the shop and my Fallout 4 access is restricted. The plot is incredibly dumb, because they're trying to basically cram together every original character, unit, and faction from SRW's history up to that point, logic be damned, and also trying to pretend that Bian Zoloark's "An alien invasion is coming? Clearly I must start a long and bloody civil war to prove how unprepared the government is!" plan wasn't a stupid idea. Since this was a time before Kyosuke and Excellen and their derivatives started hogging all the spotlight, I'm amazed at how likable they've been so far (especially Bosscellen, who dodges almost everything and delivers killing critical Oxtongue Rifle B's and D's to those fools who dare attack her). Plus it introduced Kai and Latooni, and they're awesome. One of the only gameplay criticisms I have is that at a certain point (around Stage 17) enemies start just becoming hunks of HP and Armor while not really being a threat, but otherwise I've been enjoying it so far.

Edited by AzureSen

• 2 weeks later...

I have had a change of heart with Tales of Graces f. its called growing up and I'm not the one doing it. after the time skip my problems with the combat disapered since they added a more traditional arte set along with the arte trees. I also really like Asbel's character and think that he is one of the best tales protagonists. My favorite Character to play as is actually Pascal though. She is weird at first to play but I got used to her. I still like other tales games better but I would say graces is better than the Symphonias at this point.

Brasfoot 2016

It is a football game that simulates team management. It is a pretty good game and it's improving ever year. It is only avaible in Brazilian Portuguese, so I highly doubt that somebody will play it in this forum.

This is the Police.

It's one of those strategy/mico-management type games, but the plot/writing is pretty okay. You play a nearing retirement police chief and your goal is to collect half a million dollars before you retire, and you get your money via just about any means. I... was guilt tripped into joining a mafia by a friend, so he and his family wouldn't get butchered, so I get money from them in exchange for turning a blind eye to crimes. The voice acting is pretty good, and some of the dialogue and characters are pretty interesting as well.

This game also has some pretty dark tones too. Though, currently, I've only encountered a racial based issue.

Edited by Soledai

I picked up Factorio after playing the demo for it a long time ago.

Initially, for the first 20 or so hours, I was immersed in the mini-campaign and building my factory, trying to automate everything as much as possible. It was fun fighting off the native aliens who were angry at my industrial efforts as well as watching the factory naturally expand and make new materials.

However, when I went into the true meat of the game in Sandbox, that magic faded away. It just turns into "make everything more efficient", and as one progresses, there are more materials to keep up with and distribute around the factory. I thought I was doing good with Copper, Iron, and Coal as my main products, but then they add in Oil which requires a whole different set of processing and setup to do.

I followed a guide that creates a "highway" for my major materials, allowing one to branch off to make the products, but I'm just not feeling it anymore.

Lisa (not the expansion endgame content, yet)

First I'll give a quick sorta synopsis/snapshot, w/ spoilers from the first 20 minutes or so of the game:

Lisa is an RPG with graphics rougly approximating the SNES era. Your main character has survived an apocalypse. For reasons perhaps not yet specified (perhaps some sort of disease, who knows - there are guys who are mutants, too), there aren't any women left. Your character, who is messed up but seems to be a good person, finds a baby girl. Instead of revealing her to the survivors, who are mostly living sort of biker gang, mad max, etc style, he and his 3 school friends keep her and raise her.

One day your character comes back home. Your friends are all dead and the girl (Buddy) is gone. I think some of your friends' or Buddy's bloodstains are on the ground right next to her little kid drawings of her "family." I think you get an idea of how happy this game is going to be from this. Shortly after beginning my journey, my character got accosted by an old school bully who used to mess with him as a kid. This character made me choose between the life of my only accompanying party member and all the belongings I had gathered so far. I wanted to give up my belongings, but I selected Terry (the companion) by accident. So, Terry is dead now. I'm playing the hard mode where save points explode upon use, and I didn't want to abuse the system and backtrack, so...

I don't think I like it as much as Earthbound or Mother 3, or Undertale, which for whatever reason are the first three games I think of to compare it to. If I played Fallout games, perhaps I'd think of those, too.

But I do like it a lot. My biggest complaint is instant death from certain cliff falls. You can tell in almost every instance if a cliff will kill you instantly, but even if you know, it's easy to walk off and die every so often.

I don't mind any of the other challenging parts of the game I've run into and died in, but I really losing save time because I walked one step too far.

I permanently lost a party member early because I made the wrong input, but I don't mind that as much, because it felt like an actual emotional loss instead of just progress I had to redo.

I've heard there are enemies with instant kill moves. Instant kill moves that kill permanently, even though dying usually doesn't mean permadeath for your party. I'm not sure how I feel about that. But apparently most enemies that use them use them very, very, very rarely.

I don't think it'd be everyone's cup of tea, but I would definitely consider this game. If it is your kind of game, you'll probably realize it very quickly, and you'll probably think quite highly of it. So far it is not a happy game.

Edited by HELP

Just finished Trails of Cold Steel 2.

I left with Elliot as my BFF. Final boss battle was Elliot KO'd, and three other people at 1 HP. Couldn't have asked for a better ending. The writing fell apart after the Finale. . .well, "fell apart", in terms of how solid everything else was. The last bit just felt like ridiculous filler, and that's not how a game should end IMO. Still, it was nice to have Sharon and Sara link, and basically destroy Reverie Tower.

Overall, it was a hell of a journey, and I'm quite happy with my purchase~!

[spoiler=Tales of Xillia 2]
It was an excellent game and my second most favorite Tales of game after Abyss.

90% of the places and dungeons are familar to all the people who played its sequel. But it's the only flaw I could see (if it's even one).

Otherwise I can say only positive things.
There are (new) features I really like:

• Some answers must be given in a time limit of like ten seconds. You don't have much time to think and the answers will affect the story and even the ending. Yeah, this game has multiple endings.
  • It's the first game of this series (I believe) which is separated in chapters. I really like it that this game gives you an order. It makes it easier to press ahead in this game and it also gives you some liberties. Between each chapter you must gain money because your main character has to redeem debts. You can gain money be fulfilling sidequests a/o beating enemies (including giganto monsters). The good thing is that you're able to visit lots of different places early on. However so faster you redeem the debts, so faster you can unlock new areas.
  • I like the "financial system" (what I mentioned in 2. already). It reminds me a bit on economic simulations which I really like.
  • The main character can use three different weapons which makes him very flexible to attack the enemies' weakness(es).

Also this game features an adorable fat cat.

Tbh I prefer the skill system in Xillia 1 because it was more flexible but the allium sphere system in 2 works for me too.

I have had a change of heart with Tales of Graces f. its called growing up and I'm not the one doing it. after the time skip my problems with the combat disapered since they added a more traditional arte set along with the arte trees. I also really like Asbel's character and think that he is one of the best tales protagonists.

Graces had a kinda awkward start to me. I wasn't very delighted of the kids' path either.

My favorite Character to play as is actually Pascal though.

Same, but more for the reason that I hate acting her as a NPC because she dies way too often even with giving her correct battle orders.

Also she's my favorite character in this game because she's a cross of a nerd and a weirdo.

Also Graces f has my favorite cast of characters.

I'd like Abyss' one even more if Anise didn't exist.

Edited by Ayama Wirdo

My current game of choice is Dungeon Fighters Online, after giving it a second chance. It is a Free to Play 2D brawler set in an anime fantasy setting, using various characters and their skills to beat up the enemy.

I originally left DFO because of a poor starting experience. The Town UI is information overload to newcomers and I really couldn't understand the Combat system properly. Combat works on either using hotkeys for skills (press button, be awesome) or manual inputs (Down, Right, Attack). The problem I had is that default manual inputs were not intuitive and using hotkeys usage was clunky. So, after three hours, I deleted DFO.

Much later on a whim I went back to DFO, because I heard it was a good game and still wanted to try it out. After learning to properly digest the Town UI and reassign my manual inputs to a more personalized state, DFO became much more enjoyable to play. Gunning down enemies with the Gatling Gun or grappling them is quite fun!

It does have a fatigue system, which limits play time on a single character, but DFO does reward players for having multiple characters (which is important for altaholics and completionists like myself), allowing higher level characters to aid others with a support skill or even be sent out on timed missions for loot while the player messes around with a different character. The difficulty does increase as one gets further into the game, as one expects it to, and all the flashy skills are a sight to see.

So yeah, DFO is fun. It'll probably remain my main game until I get burned out on it or something else interesting comes along.

Symphonia 2 and graces both have chapters. But with graces it isn't stated except in the trophy list. And finally someone else who doesn't like anise. Anise is my least favorite tales character along with Ivar and Muzet.

Edited by Destroyer of Forms

I'm halfway through Arc The Lad 2, but it's kinda on hold from now, so I can already gives some first impressions.

It's an improvement of the original in every point except one : The inventory system. All the cool additions to it had made you forced to micromanage quite often, and later on it becomes painfull. Not really a fan of the Rare Drops as well, tbh. Item maanagement is the worst part of the game.

Otherwise, my biggest surprise at the end of ATL 1 was to learn the setting wasn't middle-age fantasy, but a pretty modern settings. It gives the game a pretty great identity and great ambiance. The story is pretty classic (fighting against the evil empire), but still quite good. This game is far from perfect, but it's a pretty good ride. ANd that introduction scene was really damn great.

Symphonia 2 and graces both have chapters. But with graces it isn't stated except in the trophy list. And finally someone else who doesn't like anise. Anise is my least favorite tales character along with Ivar and Muzet.

Legendia also have chapters

I dislike most of the Abyss's cast, but Anise must be at the bottom (Everything about Guy is terrible, but Guy himself is OK.)

But Abyss' cast is its lowest point, anyway. Everyone is deeply unlikeable. (Jade manage to makes it a strength. I liked him because he is a jerk.)

​And obviously, my favourite cast is Tales of Innocence's.

Haven't started Dawn to the New World yet, so I can't argue.

Also Anise is hated in general (which is obvious by her personality and her role in TotA).

Muzét is more creepy in Xillia 2. She's my least favorite boss in both parts and my least favorite playable unit in 2.

I found Ivar somehow funny and wished that he was playable.

Ivar is funny though mainly in xillia 2 when he gives you dual pistols. Emil is one of the most hated tales characters but is one of my favorites. I find him relatable to me so that's probably why and his character growth is also kinda like luke

My least favorite units in each game are anise presea malik and the hair whipper muzet.

Edited by Destroyer of Forms

Ivar is funny though mainly in xillia 2 when he gives you dual pistols. Emil is one of the most hated tales characters but is one of my favorites. I find him relatable to me so that's probably why and his character growth is also kinda like luke

My least favorite units in each game are anise presea malik and the hair whipper muzet.

I don't mind Emil, but I wanted to mute the game whenever Marta would say AWW EMIL YOU'RE SO CUUUTE/STRONG/AWESOME with her absurdly sweetened voice.

Unlikeable cast is Tales of Hearts. The aesthetic put me off, never mind the actual characterization. Abyss is one of my favorites, because they're relatively memorable (even Anise), and they grow with the game.

Victoria 2: God I love this game. One of the best history simulations out there, bar none. Most recent game was as Spain, where I subjugated Morocco while France was beating Prussia and then colonized close to half of Africa. Go team evil!

Unlikeable cast is Tales of Hearts. The aesthetic put me off, never mind the actual characterization. Abyss is one of my favorites, because they're relatively memorable (even Anise), and they grow with the game.

Guy's story is still one of the game's major fault.. His fear of women is used as a comical point (which is already quite bad in itself), and then you learns that it's due to an extremely traumatic event. That's just wrong. Jade was a really interresting character however.

I think i'd say they're (mostly?) unlikeable for the right reason, and they do change indeed. That's the biggest part of Luke's growth, and part of Jade's character if I remember correctly. Whereas Hearts is ulikeable for wrong reasons.

There's lots of problem with Tales of Hearts in general. Making Kohaku a doll for most of the game was a really bad idea, no matter what. And Hisui is quite creepy towards his sister.

My favourite was Gall (who was especially to the remake and have zero relevance to the story...). Ines was good as well from what I remember.

Chalcedony was Ok, I guess. (It was weird to see that a certain Legendia character was basically the exact same.)

Just checking,, I realize I totally forgot about the remaining characters and most of the story. I remember as much (and probably even more...) about Abyss's story and I played it a longer time ago. (4 years for Abyss, 2 years for Hearts R...). (And Innocence was 6 years ago, but it's the one I remember the most clearly. How strange...) Hearts isn't a terrible game, but it's pretty forgettable. Obviously I would have prefered for Innocence R to be localized.

(We have a really good DS Translation, though, and evene if the games have some fallings (mainly its dungeons being quite poor), it's stil a pretty great title.)

Tales of Graces is a very mixed bag for me. it starts off terrible with the child arc I don't like Hubert honestly. Asbel seems generic but he is decent. I think sophie's va is trying to be like a cute little sister+ Robotic but it just doesn't come out good to me. I keep forgetting Malik exists along with cheria. Richard is meh to me. so basically what I am saying is that I find Pascal to be the only good character in graces to me.