The Sketchiest Thread in the Forest

The Geek

So I'm sure most people here know me as the guy who posts things in the fanart thread, but did you know that I also draw fanart myself?

Here's a few pieces I've drawn in the last couple weeks:

A chibi Sakura from FE Fates

WFkyErH.jpg

Ophelia

GOYQ4KV.jpg

A GBA-styled redesign of Tharja's outfit

cYLlm8W.jpg

Matthew/Shielder from Fate/Grand Order

Zgw9piL.jpg

Critiques welcome and appreciated.

Very nice work, ;):
I'm not very good at giving artistic advice, but I guess the next step you should take in your artwork would be 'shading'?
I especially like your GBA redesign of Tharja, since the original outfit in Awakening bothered me a bit...
I don't know much about Matthew as a character, but I know I bit about Fate/Stay Night and the whole 'Holy Grail' war... I assume Stay Night is somehow related to Fate/Grand Order? The Background in this piece could use some work, but I'm aware that this was not the intended focus... Maybe the 'Shield thingy' could use some more detail, although I'm not sure what it is supposed to look like..
Anyway, keep up the effort and I'm sure you will grow even better than you already are.

Thanks, I know that I need to work on shading, I've only started doing it a few months ago so I need more practice getting it to look right. And yeah, I half-assed the background on the Matthew picture because I didn't want to just put her against a white background. I think I took like five minutes on it because it was something like 4 in the morning and I wanted to go to sleep.

I'm not entirely sure what the relationship between Stay Night and Grand Order is since I only have a cursory knowledge of Grand Order. I don't know if it takes place in the same universe as the Fuyuki Grail Wars or if it's one of the many parallel universes. Matthew is actually based on a cut heroine from F/SN called the Stray Servant.

• 2 weeks later...

Inspired by a thought I had in the "Jokes About Fates" thread.

Here's Sakura and Hana

yJQ9xzP.jpg

Here's Ruby and Hanamaru from Love Live Sunshine

z49cfXP.jpg

I thought they looked similar, so I drew the natural conclusion

PIbwg9c.jpg

• 1 month later...

Wow, it's been awhile since I updated this thread, haven't had time to draw much since the new school year started.

Just a lineart for now, but I've been working on a drawing of Azura.

rz8dpcU.jpg

EDIT: Update with flat color variants

[spoiler=Hoshido]

tEcz7Ym.jpg

[spoiler=Nohr]

p1QtUDg.jpg

Edited by The Geek

Nice, I always wished you could keep Azura in the darker outfit.

A couple points, feet can be tough to draw, but you may want to change her left foot a bit, since the hallux is a bit too swollen, there. It looks as though the hallux extends farther distally on the right foot, whereas the second toe is longer on the left. You see both variants in the population, but it's the same on both feet, unless they've had foot surgery or have a congenital condition. And the leg just distal to the knee is a bit too angular, so you could smooth that part ever so slightly. The index finger of her right hand looks a bit short. It should either extend past the middle finger or be visible above the distal phalanx of the middle finger.

Nothing big, just small things I noticed, since I've been working on making my own drawings more anatomically correct.

• 5 weeks later...

I finally started playing Tear Ring Saga. Sasha a cute.

x86gbTq.jpg

EDIT: Finished the Line Art

u8YckDi.jpg

Another Edit: And Flat Colors

QNir83N.jpg

LE FINAL EDIT: Finished it. Should have been sleeping or doing homework but I did this instead.

SgxMVxH.jpg

Edited by The Geek

• 3 weeks later...

Nice shading! I really need to figure out how to shade my pictures without having it take all day. For her left foot, you might want to move the toes slightly distally. They have a slightly brachymetatarsia look, but overall, good job.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice, I'll have to find a way to shrink it, so I can look at it all at once, without scrolling.

Her hands look a little small, but that might just be me. My only other thing I can think of offhand would be to add a little shading or texture to her distal hair to give it a little more depth, for lack of a better word.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can I just say, what a catchy thread title haha.

I like that GBA redesign of Tharja. Slinky dress kinda keeps her seductive aura while giving her a bit more dignity haha ;; Have you seen the Kita Senri style Tharja that someone made?

On 1/28/2017 at 7:43 AM, BANRYU said:

Can I just say, what a catchy thread title haha.

I like that GBA redesign of Tharja. Slinky dress kinda keeps her seductive aura while giving her a bit more dignity haha ;; Have you seen the Kita Senri style Tharja that someone made?

Yeah, that piece kind of is what inspired me to do mine.  I liked the art and I felt that it captured Kita's style perfectly but I don't feel that the art properly captured Tharja's personality.