Who was your First Pokemon (Any Media)?

quasimopho13

My first ever Pokemon were the Seel, Vulpix, Zubat, and Dratini plushes given at fast food places.

My first Pokemon in-game was either Turtwig in Pokemon Pearl or Totodile in Pokemon HeartGold. I can't remember which I played first.

Charmeleon was the first Pokémon I ever owned, since it was my first Pokémon TCG card, and I had the cards before I played any of the games. I had a friend at the time who was into Pokémon before me and he kept rambling on and on about how this Pokémon was super great in the TCG and its name was Char-something, but I couldn't remember. So when I bought my first Pokémon cards from a card shop by my dad's work, I also bought a single of Charmeleon because that sounded like the card my friend was talking about, and it looked pretty cool to boot. :p

There was this toy company called Tomy or something that did Pokemon mini Figures. I had the poliwhirl gold playing card, the ball, and poliwag as the little plastic toy. I don't know if that was the intended way it was packaged or what.

May have had burger king / Mcdonalds stuff earlier, but I don't remember owning any until the 2nd and and 3rd gen games.

My first real trading card came from, the 61 cards of the original starter set, so bunch of machop and ponyta.

Later I took squirtle the first time I played pokemon Red.

Compact Disc for Pokemon episodes(the first episode i ever saw was like.... the Ghost Tower ones, or the pokemon race ones) -> Video games(GBA) for original Red

By the time i played, it was GSC already. I keep playing for the rest of the gens, although i misses tons of re-releases and remakes(never played HGSS, Platinum, and ORAS)

It wasn't technically "mine" but the first pokemon I ever used was my friend's Lugia from 5th grade.

So you went all out right from the get-go, nice! Lugia is even tanker now with Multiscale (take 50% less damage at full HP) Edited by quasimopho13

I can't for the life of me remember what media pokemon I got first.

If it was a card, it was probably a weedle

If it was a plushy, it was charizard

If it was in a game, it was probably squirtle

If it was a sticker, it was probably Butterfree

And that was 15 or so years ago, I feel old now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't think I had any Pokemon merchandise before Yellow, so my first Pokemon was Pikachu. My first caught Pokemon was Nidoran female.

The former really tends to show because despite my online identity, my favorite Pokemon is Pikachu, and nothing will ever change that.