Why is Tearing Shadows such a badass piece of music?

LowTierFE7Tresh

It gets your blood pumping and I love it, and it says something that it stands out when Mystery of the Emblem/New Mystery already have a spectacular OST.

its fan fuckin tastic and i would love to hear it in another game.

IIRC, it returns as the boss music for one of Awakening's DLC maps.

I dunno, personally I feel like it's really disjointed in and of itself.

I looked it up on youtube and I was like "Oh, Roro's battle theme?"

It's good but I wish it was longer. I realize that since it's a FE battle theme making it longer would mean nobody would hear the last half of it or whatever. But they could've done like...have an intro, then play the rest of it sans intro every future time. Like the fire dragon's theme in FE7 or Ashnard's. Then again those are both final bosses too. Meh.

It's fast-paced and charged with energy, and it benefits from having a different feel compared to the rest of the soundtrack. I also think the fact that it changes so drastically in such a short time is startling and memorable.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/27/2016 at 12:18 PM, Dragoncat said:

I looked it up on youtube and I was like "Oh, Roro's battle theme?"

It's good but I wish it was longer. I realize that since it's a FE battle theme making it longer would mean nobody would hear the last half of it or whatever. But they could've done like...have an intro, then play the rest of it sans intro every future time. Like the fire dragon's theme in FE7 or Ashnard's. Then again those are both final bosses too. Meh.

Um...

They did.

Anyway, the first part of Tearing Shadows (sans intro) sounds weird to me and unfitting for Fire Emblem. The rest is kickass as everyone has said. Me personally though, when it comes to new tracks in FE remakes, I much prefer Clash of Two Virtues from Shadow Dragon. You go to fight Michalis and Camus and suddenly hello, unexpected kickass boss music.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Hmm that's a good question. I mean other than it feeling out of place I would say it's also because the track itself really makes you feel like you are being ambushed and you are trying to defend yourself.

The energetic start like someone is trying jump at you from behind. The agressive drum beats, like you are trying to protect yourself from hundreds of blows. Then there's this calmer part, the drums stop and the tables turn but not for long 'cause the song becomes more agressive shortly again but now it's a fight fought face to face.

It's a short track but with twists and energy. You can almost imagine the fights just by listening. That's why I think it's such a great track

On 4/22/2019 at 8:09 PM, Zetsubo said:

Probably because it's a remix of Those who Carve a New History. 

That song is good.

Also wow I haven't noticed but listening to them one after the other I can see the similarities. Thanks