Manaketes ??

I think I just found another plot hole... if it has not been discovered yet.

So we are told in-game that Nowi is like 1000 years old, and assuming that she looks like a 15 years old, we can say that 1 'human year' = 0.015 'manakete years' ;

Now if you marry her you can get Nah, and she should have lived the same 'human' time as every other child. So why is she physically comparable to her mother?? Like should't she look like a few-months baby?

My (possible/personnal) explications are :

- The way Manaketes age gets slower as time passes. But then Tiki (who is around 2500 years) should look much older than she acually looks like in Awakening.

- Manaketes are born as dragons (they come out of eggs and stuff), and they become able to take human shape when they get a little bit more mature, but that shape is that of a young boy/girl. Maybe they get human transformation after puberty (sounds weird though...).

- The human shape depends on if the dragonstone (if the dragonstone is 'new', the Manakete will take the form of a young boy/girl, etc), and each Manakete has it's own dragonstone, which ages with him/her.

Anyways, maybe it's related to some Manakete magic that we human's can't understand... or maybe I'm thinking about it too much.

There's also things in game that suggest even full blood manaketes grow at the same rate as a human until they reach Nowi's stage, seeing as Myrrh and Fae are presented as the same age as far as the human body is concerned, yet their actual ages differ a large amount

I always make an analogy with The Lord of the Rings' Elves. They live very long but they stop aging when they're fully grown. Although I guess this doesn't explain Bantu's appearance in the Archanea series...

Edited by Masterthunderblade

It could just be that their aging slows drastically as they grow into adulthood, so it takes them thousands upon thousands of years to start actually looking old.

Hmm I guess this would explain why Nowi and Tiki both look so young. Oh and Nah to an extent (although I always thought that Nah as a half manakete wouldn't have as long a life as her mother because she's got half as much manakete blood)

Hmm I guess this would explain why Nowi and Tiki both look so young. Oh and Nah to an extent (although I always thought that Nah as a half manakete wouldn't have as long a life as her mother because she's got half as much manakete blood)

She won't have. But remember that Nowi HAS already hit the 1000 mark so she'll possibly die of aging before Nah but I'm no Manakete biologist so I can't make that remark with any certainty because we have no solid information on how Manaketes physically age.

Edited by Light Strategist

Tiki is older than Nowi, right?

My personal impression of long-lived races like Elves is that they age at a mysterious rate, but it seems that their appearance never changes once it reaches the point of maturity. Elrond is supposed to be something like 6000+ years old, but the guy could be like on his mid thirties from just looking at him, and Thranduil is theorized to be around 5000 - 6000+ years old as well, and looks even younger than Elrond, somewhere around his mid to late twenties. What I'm getting at is that, if Manaketes follow a somewhat similar aging process, then they probably become full-grown at the same rate and then never change appearances much. But, of course, Nowi and Tiki seem to turn that up side down.

Explanation: Divine Dragons like Nowi, Tiki, Fae, and Myrrh age very slowly, whereas Fire and Mage Dragons age normally until they have their more elderly appearance, and Earth Dragons sans Medeus don't age at all because they don't change form.

Explanation: Divine Dragons like Nowi, Tiki, Fae, and Myrrh age very slowly, whereas Fire and Mage Dragons age normally until they have their more elderly appearance, and Earth Dragons sans Medeus don't age at all because they don't change form.

Sure, but what about Nah, half human, half Divine Dragon.

Also you forgot Ice Dragons.

We can say pretty much that they age however the writers want then to age.

If we take lore from previous FE games, especially Akaneia (Archanea) we'll just make our head hurt.

Man it'd be even worse if we added Elite and Magvel to the mix.

Nah sits about halfway between the two main groups, almost like Nagi. Nah might not live as long as Tiki or Nowi, but she might still live long past 2,000 years or so.

Edit:Nobody mentioned Corrin, although we probably shouldn't per Rey's post.

Edited by Feldmarschall Rommel

Maybe that's why his personality is about as exciting as puddle...

I guess it also explains why Kana's personallity is literally just being bubbly.

Edited by TrueEm