Is Shigure always the first son ?

WinterOkami

Actually, she could be but it's very unlikely. In the Hidden Truths DLC it is revealed that she is the daughter of Anankos, hence making her Corrin's half sister.

[spoiler=Squick?]So Male Corrin can marry his half-sister by blood?

Actually, she could be but it's very unlikely. In the Hidden Truths DLC it is revealed that she is the daughter of Anankos, hence making her Corrin's half sister.

No, I know that, and I agreed with it. I just said she couldn't claim the throne without coming out about being Anankos's daughter, which she swore to never do.

No, I know that, and I agreed with it. I just said she couldn't claim the throne without coming out about being Anankos's daughter, which she swore to never do.

[spoiler=Really?]So the game really lets you marry your sister? After they went through all the trouble with making the Hoshido siblings not be related to you?

It reminds me of the Avatar x Imoen romance in Baldur's Gate.

[spoiler=Really?]So the game really lets you marry your sister? After they went through all the trouble with making the Hoshido siblings not be related to you?

It reminds me of the Avatar x Imoen romance in Baldur's Gate.

...The quote was referring to Lilith (whom Corrin can't marry), not Azura.

Edited by Lightchao42

Okay, I must have misread that. I don't know why Lilith didn't play a bigger part of the story though, at least in Revelations, considering she's your sister.

Correct. Lilith is Corrin's sister and cannot marry him (and considering what she knows, wouldn't even if he decided to try to go for her). Azura is his cousin but can still marry him (even after they find out).

[spoiler=Really?]It reminds me of the Avatar x Imoen romance in Baldur's Gate.

I remember that series! So good. But that's only with a mod, it can't happen in the base game.

That's correct, the Deeprealms have a different timescale. Rhajat explicitly mentions that hers goes faster than others and speculates that she is now older than her mother.

This is hilarious if her mother is Nyx, though unfortunately Nyx has no witty comeback specific to being Rhajat's mother.

Wouldn't that make Rhajat around 60+

Man, Fates be crazy...

The thing about the succession is explicitly brought up in Revelation's epilogue, so they did think of it. Azura just doesn't really care.

Also, it seems rather unlikely there are that many -- if any -- surviving Vallites, so the new Valla will probably not know all that stuff about Anankos anyhow.

Of course the tidiest solution is for a male Corrin and Azura to marry, which wouldn't be a totally unheard-of idea in a real-life monarchy if the direct male line dies out but an indirect male heir exists. You'd marry the branch male to the direct line female and their children would have a largely unassailable claim.

The thing about the succession is explicitly brought up in Revelation's epilogue, so they did think of it. Azura just doesn't really care.

Also, it seems rather unlikely there are that many -- if any -- surviving Vallites, so the new Valla will probably not know all that stuff about Anankos anyhow.

Of course the tidiest solution is for a male Corrin and Azura to marry, which wouldn't be a totally unheard-of idea in a real-life monarchy if the direct male line dies out but an indirect male heir exists. You'd marry the branch male to the direct line female and their children would have a largely unassailable claim.

Heck in Asian culture you see aunts marry their nephews hence the fact

CorrinxHinoka and CorrinxSakura normal since it's asian culture.

I know cousin marrying can vary by culture, but I didn't know Aunt/Uncle and Niece/Nephew marriages were common anywhere.

I know cousin marrying can vary by culture, but I didn't know Aunt/Uncle and Niece/Nephew marriages were common anywhere.

They're not, or if they are it's kept quiet. I can't think of a single place off the top of my head which allows that sort of marriage.

It would have been common among the pharaohs of ancient Egypt, but ancient Egypt was very, very incestuous. Siblings marrying siblings, parents marrying their kids; aunt-nephew and uncle-niece would have been tame by their standards.

Hinoka and Sakura are Corrin's sisters, not his nieces. And sibling incest is definitely not legal in modern-day Asia.

See? Azurrin solves everything!

1}They're not, or if they are it's kept quiet. I can't think of a single place off the top of my head which allows that sort of marriage.

It would have been common among the pharaohs of ancient Egypt, but ancient Egypt was very, very incestuous. Siblings marrying siblings, parents marrying their kids; aunt-nephew and uncle-niece would have been tame by their standards.

2} Hinoka and Sakura are Corrin's sisters, not his nieces. And sibling incest is definitely not legal in modern-day Asia.

1} In Old China it could happen in this particular scenario:

* Emperor is dead

* Wife has no adult children or have but they're kids

* Emperor has a relative but he is dead as well

* The Emperor's relative have a child who is mature.

Considering the fact that they won't allow a woman to rule a kingdom or let a baby be Emperor{Except in the last emperor Pou-Hi's case but that was just because there was no one left} the highest son would marry his aunt. Though Ryoma didn't marry Mikoto because IntSys didn't want to go too creepy.

2}I know that's why I talked about aunts and nephews because siblings love is not as worst.

1} In Old China it could happen in this particular scenario:

* Emperor is dead

* Wife has no adult children or have but they're kids

* Emperor has a relative but he is dead as well

* The Emperor's relative have a child who is mature.

Considering the fact that they won't allow a woman to rule a kingdom or let a baby be Emperor{Except in the last emperor Pou-Hi's case but that was just because there was no one left} the highest son would marry his aunt. Though Ryoma didn't marry Mikoto because IntSys didn't want to go too creepy.

2}I know that's why I talked about aunts and nephews because siblings love is not as worst.

Well, yeah, but that's old China, not modern China, which I thought you were talking about. And that only occurs under a specific set of circumstances, not something "common". Hoshido's not even based off China, but Japan.

Wait, are you suggesting that because Hoshido is okay with aunt/nephew or uncle/niece marriage, they'd be okay with sibling marriage? Because there's nothing to suggest they're fine with the former, and evidence against them being fine with the latter--notably the fact that the Hoshidan royals are

relieved to learn they aren't related to Corrin if S-ranked.

If Hoshido was fine with sibling marriage, that wouldn't be something for them to care about in the first place.

Edited by Abvora