Fire Emblem: Order of the Crimson Arm(FinalVersion1.0 out)

TheMaskedRaider

Unit Poll  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Favortie Demo Unit/Character

• Algimas
    • Tactician
    • Ernst
    • Kurtis
    • Haylyn
    • Martel
    • Aceline
    • Boleslav
    • Negu
    • Gerwulf
    • Sven
    • Beatrice
    • Chiara
    • Robert
    • Nilda
    • Wayland
    • Vlad
    • Elaine
    • Celia
    • Foskey
    • Rorick
    • Odin
    • Meila
    • Lani
    • Brendan
    • Dita
    • Katarina
    • Aras
    • Warren
    • Franck
    • Auguste

15 hours ago, TheUltimateChaos said:

Oh yeah, it's been a while since I played a hack since most of them are still in development, so having this back comes as really good for me.

Let's see how this goes with the changes.

EDIT: It seems I cannot patch this to the ROM. Some one who has any success with it?

1 hour ago, Bob of the A said:

So I'm not the only one who can't patch it. It looks great, but I'll have to wait for a fix. I tried two different US FE7 roms, it didn't work with either.

What patcher are the two of you using? NUPS? If so, hit ignore, and it should do something

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just tried doing that, and while it successfully patches the file, the game is still unplayable. When I get to the screen to start a new playthrough, the game freezes up. Closing and reopening the rom causes the game to open into a black screen (the music still plays though) after pressing start at the title screen.

Hi

I have the same problem here, NUPS can't seem to be able to apply the patch correctly to the ROM, it says : "The patch doesn't match the file. Patching canceled"

And even if i ignore it, the game just freezes up after starting a new game.. Is there any way to fix this issue ? I really want to try out this hack which seems totally neat ! :D

1 hour ago, Bob of the A said:

I just tried doing that, and while it successfully patches the file, the game is still unplayable. When I get to the screen to start a new playthrough, the game freezes up. Closing and reopening the rom causes the game to open into a black screen (the music still plays though) after pressing start at the title screen.

Make sure you are patching a clean rom.
To be sure I reuploaded the patch after confirming it to be working.

On 5/16/2017 at 8:09 PM, TheMaskedRaider said:

Made a rather large update for anybody whose been following.

Demo now goes to 18 and supports(mechanically no convos) have been added.

Also a bunch of balance changes.

*Nice! Can I use my  savestate to continue where I left off?

*Cool! More chapters. Supports: Eh. Kind of work like they do in The Sun God's Wrath currently right now

*Good. I feel that some balance changes were needed

I was having the same patching troubles earlier, but the new patch gave me no problems. Good on you to iron that out so quickly.

Currently at the revised Chapter 3 and I've noticed a few small changes. The prologue enemies are well calculated and the character recruitment talks so far can be done from turn 1. I'll have to see how these pan out in the grand scheme of things as I go further.

I notice a little thing while playing Ch. 8: when you use Foskey agaisnt Gio, the battle dialog VS Darren appears.

Besides of that, the map changes gave me a different way to play hack since the first time I went through it, and it has been pretty good so far.

The rom works for me now too. Question, does the game still crash at the end of CH 13? I could never get past that in the previous version.

Also, I'm having trouble working FE-Editor and HxD, because I want to switch the female tactician portrait and battle sprite to the extra one shown on page 1, but I'm not really sure how to do so. The instructions seem pretty clear, but the index for the female tactician only shows the original one. Do I change something on that page? Also, under the HxD, I just can't find female tactician's sprite code. This is all probably just me, since I have a history of being bad at any sort of programming/coding related stuff.

Hey man nice game i love the story and glad you are adding support to this could I Ask if your going to add who people and support in the unit menu when you go the support section in the units section

4 hours ago, Bob of the A said:

The rom works for me now too. Question, does the game still crash at the end of CH 13? I could never get past that in the previous version.

Also, I'm having trouble working FE-Editor and HxD, because I want to switch the female tactician portrait and battle sprite to the extra one shown on page 1, but I'm not really sure how to do so. The instructions seem pretty clear, but the index for the female tactician only shows the original one. Do I change something on that page? Also, under the HxD, I just can't find female tactician's sprite code. This is all probably just me, since I have a history of being bad at any sort of programming/coding related stuff.

When you access the index for the female tactician's mug in the editor, you're supposed to insert it over the one there. You do that by pressing load from file and selecting the new mug. When that's done you save the rom and to verify that it works correctly, you'll check the female tactician in the game proper. For the in battle stuff, open up the rom in HxD and use go-to (not find) and enter the desired offset, make sure go-to is searching in hex. When you get to the offset, just paste over the desired hex stuff (make sure its set to overwrite) and save the rom.

1 hour ago, Mikethemaster said:

Hey man nice game i love the story and glad you are adding support to this could I Ask if your going to add who people and support in the unit menu when you go the support section in the units section

You can check who supports who as soon as you get access to the preparations screen around Chapter 5, you can check it the same way like in vanilla FE7.

4 minutes ago, FEAnon said:

When you access the index for the female tactician's mug in the editor, you're supposed to insert it over the one there. You do that by pressing load from file and selecting the new mug. When that's done you save the rom and to verify that it works correctly, you'll check the female tactician in the game proper. For the in battle stuff, open up the rom in HxD and use go-to (not find) and enter the desired offset, make sure go-to is searching in hex. When you get to the offset, just paste over the desired hex stuff (make sure its set to overwrite) and save the rom.

You can check who supports who as soon as you get access to the preparations screen around Chapter 5, you can check it the same way like in vanilla FE7.

I didn't know that lol I just went in blind support who in the gba days well before fe 8. How do I check it.

1 hour ago, FEAnon said:

When you access the index for the female tactician's mug in the editor, you're supposed to insert it over the one there. You do that by pressing load from file and selecting the new mug. When that's done you save the rom and to verify that it works correctly, you'll check the female tactician in the game proper.

I hate to sound stupid, but where do I get the mug? Is it part of the patch? Or is there a separate download that I'm missing? This is my first time trying anything with the editor, so this is all new to me.

So yeah, I reached the chapter against Cortez and I found some problems on the way.

When you fight VS Warren the battle dialog is broken. At the start of the battle it seems to show the introductory part with the calendar and once you beat him it shows the part where Vlad and the other guy are talking (again, from the introduction to the chapter).

But the biggest problem is this:

OCA.png.07cd3a4339428b210bad1560d1ef5718.png

In Ch. 11, not only does it show the wrong victory condition but Cortez never appears as it probably should.

Right now I'm stuck, unable to continue because of this.

4 hours ago, TheUltimateChaos said:

So yeah, I reached the chapter against Cortez and I found some problems on the way.

When you fight VS Warren the battle dialog is broken. At the start of the battle it seems to show the introductory part with the calendar and once you beat him it shows the part where Vlad and the other guy are talking (again, from the introduction to the chapter).

But the biggest problem is this:

OCA.png.07cd3a4339428b210bad1560d1ef5718.png

In Ch. 11, not only does it show the wrong victory condition but Cortez never appears as it probably should.

Right now I'm stuck, unable to continue because of this.

send me your save so I can test it. or you have to step on one of the castle tiles.

I restarted the chapter because at first it didn't do anything stading on the castle tiles, but when I did it again this time Cortez showed up.

Don't now if it was something I did that fucked up the first time, but it doesn;t matter now.

Thanks.

EDIT: Ch. 14, after the second turn it seems to restart positions of all the enemy units while also makes Warren and co. go back to being green units.

Sending save.

OCA.sav

Edited by TheUltimateChaos

Well I found the problem, I had an issue with events(saved over) so I took the drastic measure of disassembling the chapter.

It looks like it named the first reinforcements the same as one of my standard events.

The fix should be up real quick like.

Its fixed up

Edited by TheMaskedRaider

Hey TMR, where do I load the female tactician mug from? I want to try changing her portrait to the extra one you have shown on page 1, but I have no idea where I load it from once I open the female tactician's index in the portrait editor. Is there a separate download that I need, or am I just missing something obvious?

And thanks for getting the fixed patch out! This game is awesome!

12 minutes ago, Bob of the A said:

Hey TMR, where do I load the female tactician mug from? I want to try changing her portrait to the extra one you have shown on page 1, but I have no idea where I load it from once I open the female tactician's index in the portrait editor. Is there a separate download that I need, or am I just missing something obvious?

And thanks for getting the fixed patch out! This game is awesome!

All you need to have is the picture and load that then save it over the female tactician.

So just save the png of the Female tact portrait on the front page and use that.

I got the portrait part done, your help made it way easier, but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong with the Hex editor. I go under search and use go-to, but when I put in the offset that you listed for the female tactician, I get an error message saying that the editor doesn't contain that offset (10000F0). How do I get around this?

And when I do, do I just paste that long string of numbers and letters over the segment listed to the right of the offset? The instructions sound very clear, and I want to make sure I'm not screwing up the game.

Edited by Bob of the A
update

Not done yet but I'd like to report before i forget: there are a few enemies with weapons they can't use (the cavs guarding the lower castle in 11) and the monk with a droppable Master Seal in 14 can't use his tome.