Fire Emblem: Order of the Crimson Arm(FinalVersion1.0 out)

TheMaskedRaider

Unit Poll  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Favortie Demo Unit/Character

• Algimas
    • Tactician
    • Ernst
    • Kurtis
    • Haylyn
    • Martel
    • Aceline
    • Boleslav
    • Negu
    • Gerwulf
    • Sven
    • Beatrice
    • Chiara
    • Robert
    • Nilda
    • Wayland
    • Vlad
    • Elaine
    • Celia
    • Foskey
    • Rorick
    • Odin
    • Meila
    • Lani
    • Brendan
    • Dita
    • Katarina
    • Aras
    • Warren
    • Franck
    • Auguste

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 27/8/2016 at 12:18 PM, TheMaskedRaider said:

Nearing the end of the road, I had some delays here and there and they lasted far longer than I wanted. In fact there was one just one that occured.
I promised a full main story playable version but that isn't done due to said delay.
Saying that, I have begun work on the epilogue and with that out of the way it will be out within 48 hours at the most.

Awesome! I'll be honest, I was really worried when you just suddenly disappeared. It made me fear the hack would die right here, with the end within an arm's reach. So much so, in fact, that I ended up playing through the pre-release version. I just couldn't wait! I finished the game a couple weeks ago.

Knowing that the final version is actually coming is very reassuring. Better late than never, that's for sure. I think I'll play through this one again once the final version is released and write up a review based on both playthroughs. There are a few issues that I have with the pre-release that might be fixed in the final version, so it'd be unfair to criticize the game for those without knowing whether they'll be fixed or not. Here, I'll leave some of them here, just for the heck of it. (Warning, big spoilers ahead)

Spoiler

First, grammar. Every chapter had typos everywhere. Now, I don't find this to be a deal-breaker. I still enjoyed the story, even with the typos, and never did I have trouble understanding what was going on because to them. That said, if they could be fixed, that'd be swell. Just, don't push yourself. I, for one, don't find it to be that important.

Secondly, I'm pretty sure this will be fixed in the final version, but there are a ton of glitched scenes and dialogue. FE7 cutscenes pop up all the time, especially during the lategame. Unlike the typos, this does hurt the experience somewhat, but like I said, I severely doubt that something as big as this will go unchecked.

Another thing that irks me is the promoted tactician's sprite. I already reported this one, so I won't repeat myself. Suffice to say, it's just a little pet peeve of mine, nothing important at all, but if it was fixed, it'd be sweet.

I'm really curious to see if Rudolfo actually does die in the final version. In the pre-release, Boal just sort of dropped off the face of the earth and Rudolfo came back to life to fight with Jormund. That was funny. Maybe I really should've ignored them, but the Knight of Knights just couldn't contain himself.

Also, this may just be me, but I really don't get Isaac. Why is he a Berserker? He looks like a soldier, and (from what I gathered) his recruitment involves him hiding inside a chest ready to poke anyone trying to get to him with his spear, a move befitting of a Halberdier type of fighter (incidentally, there aren't any prepromoted Halberdiers). Furthermore, he's established to be a member of the fort's Zentirrian garrison, and Berserker is a class that mainly belongs to Braxis in this game, the guys who betrayed Zentirim and killed everyone in the fort but Isaac. So why is he a Berserker? I simply don't get it. So that he could bring the brave axe? Why not give him the Knight's droppable heavy spear and turn that Knight into an axeman with a droppable brave axe?

For the story, my main problem was Lord Richard. Y'know, the guy who burned down Aceline's house? Unless I missed a gaiden or something, he's never mentioned again and he never gets his comeuppance. Considering how another major character, Magnus, was also dealt with in a gaiden chapter, though, I admit that there's a chance I simply missed a gaiden with Richard. And if he really was just forgotten, well, consider this a suggestion as to how to deal with him and Aceline's character arc.

Even with those problems, though, I still really enjoyed the game. I look forward to giving it another playthrough in the final version! Maybe I'll ironman it this time, to spice things up.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

To speak of final notes (as well as typos), I do have a list of some typos and stuff I found that weren't right, so I might as well put it out just so they can be fixed easier.

Spoiler

Apology in advance if some of this is weirdly worded as I wrote them down quickly as to not completely un-immerse myself in the game as I played it

Chapter 16's boss description is incorrect

Chapter 18's villages and houses play dialogue that's from OG FE7

Chapter 19 had two typos I noticed. One before the map and another during Brendan's talk.

Chapter 20 had some dialogue weirdly get triggered after the 1st bosskill and there's a typo afterwards during the talk with the emporer

Isaac's death quote is messed up

Carwennan's description is messed up

Chapter 21 has a typo during the diary, has both villages' dialogue messed up, and two more typos in the dialogue the boss has when he shows up. I also wrote something about a lower-left archer reinforcement? I might have meant there was an archer with a wrong inventory or someone who randomly had a bow? idk sorry

Chapter 22 has several typos before the map and there's a glitched text box afterwards

Chapter 24 has Clara be called Karla at some point (or that's what my notes seem to be implying)

Chapter 25 has incorrect boss names and descriptions, but I assume this is do to the final two chapters needing some clean up in terms of story and dialogue.

Otherwise, I completed the gameplay and can say I had a lot of fun playing this hack.

Hi so im not very good with the computer stuff and really wanna play this hack. 

anybody able to help me out? i have the emulator downloaded and the download file is a ups file and it wont let me open the file with the emulator.

i heard i need a ups patcher and i downloaded but i dont know what to do from there. any help is appreciated.

2 hours ago, Zihark11 said:

Hi so im not very good with the computer stuff and really wanna play this hack. 

anybody able to help me out? i have the emulator downloaded and the download file is a ups file and it wont let me open the file with the emulator.

i heard i need a ups patcher and i downloaded but i dont know what to do from there. any help is appreciated.

1st,you need a clean rom ( in this case, a fire emblem 7 rom).

2nd, Google and download nups patcher.

3rd, open nups patcher,  check the "ignore" box, press "apply ups patch to file" or something like that, choose the clean rom i said, choose the ups file you downloaded in this site, press patch

Finally, the rom is patched. Use the patched rom to play.(  .gba file extension) 

Hope my instructions is clearly understandable

Edited by Street Hero
Misclick

On 8/13/2018 at 6:53 PM, TheMaskedRaider said:

The examples provided have 00 separators every 4 colors. If you are directly importing them via the hex editor you need those.
The easier way to do it would be to use FEbuilder.

Thanks for this! I was so confused about what was wrong... Also, where would I find the palette section for the promoted tactician, if it is separate, and which sprite was the promoted sprite based off of so I can get an idea of what color goes where (I haven't gotten to the point where I can promote the tactician yet... sadly. Chapter 7 is giving me a slightly hard time). I really appreciate the help! 

Hey first time poster here, 

I love this hack and can't wait to give some feedback once I finish the recent patch, quick question since this is bothering me, is it possible to recruit the falcoknight in Ch 18? 

For now I will leave her alive and play the rest of the game, but let me know since I really like her character and I will always appreciate moooooorrrr fliers :)

Nevermind, turns out I just have to keep playing this awesome hack and things will go my way. now on 20x and the end is drawing closer with each passing turn 

Edited by Shadow-Impulse

20 minutes ago, Valkoor123113 said:

Can you please give me instructions on how to do it?

Grab a patcher and patch on a clean FE7 ROM, it's that simple. Either Tsukuyomi or NUPS will do, although personally I prefer the former. For more details there's a post a little bit above mine that tells you what to do step by step, it's fairly intuitive in my opinion but what do I know.

Edited by ShadowYoshi

It's great to see this hack has been finished. I played it in early 2017, when the last finished map was the town map with the arrive objective. It was great to see the overhaul that that map received cause it was tedious as all hell to complete. The only major complaint I have is the text bugs with lines from FE7 replacing what you wrote, with the last two maps being nearly "Nils...

Ninian...".

Spoiler

si22Yhs.png

Other than that, it was great. Nice, serviceable story, fun and varied maps, proper enemy stat scaling and my favorite of all was the custom music selection. I really liked the renditions of Destruction Begets Decay, Romancing SaGa 3's boss theme, and Iron Blue Intention, for example.

Hey my dude! So IMO Chiara's skin looks very sickly and green. I wanted to post these 3 suggestions for palette swaps I made. I don't have the old my old hacking tools so its not formatted in anyway.

The first is derived from video captures of old sprites I made long ago, and has relatively light skin.

The second I think captures the skin tone you were going for.

And the  last has a lot of red pigment like Afro-Latin folks and Dark Native American peeps, and I think looks the best.

Hope you enjoy!

Peace, Love, Power!

PS: Enjoying the Hack!

chiara medium.png

chiara.png

chiara_native.png

Edited by Khrene Cleaver

Hey, I found this hack through an LP where a link for an older version was posted. Knowing that there is a newer version (with supports, I think...?) is troubling as i have put a few hours into it already. Is there a way to patch the newer version onto an already patched rom? I've tried several ways and have been unsuccessful each time. Just curious.

Patcha  clean rom then take your old save and move it into the same folder as the new rom with the same name.

On 8/20/2018 at 1:38 AM, Street Hero said:

Please post the character recruitment i'll be grateful 

I'll do that later after people have had a chance to play. But I do have a chart with age height and weight and in join order.

Spoiler

VitalStats.thumb.PNG.24a4e983e5a6bcffd0e3533b9014859a.PNG 

5 hours ago, TheMaskedRaider said:

Patcha  clean rom then take your old save and move it into the same folder as the new rom with the same name.

I'll do that later after people have had a chance to play. But I do have a chart with age height and weight and in join order.

Reveal hidden contents

I mean the characters recruitment for the recently patch. I know the berserker wielding S-ranks axe can be recruit-able but don't know who does it.

6 hours ago, TheMaskedRaider said:

Hide contents

"Ideal male form" lmao

25 minutes ago, Street Hero said:

But..but the augury say...

Never mind, just Fml

Reveal hidden contents

5b7c4d828b702_Orderofthecrimsonarmfe7-2.png.1ebf514748f943178e3ed75487f03208.png5b7c4d9bc2e98_Orderofthecrimsonarmfe7-1.png.d99b4f7a1293416bfb222a1277f0719d.png

Spoiler

unedited augury text I think, you got Geitz in the FE7 chapter this one replaces in the game's data

Edited by Ruminant
misremembered; Hawkeye comes in chapter 23 in Hector mode but the original text is about Geitz in Eliwood mode

Hi! I’ve downloaded the patch that was on your first post but there is no boss in chapter 11 and I cannot end the map.                                Did I download the wrong one? I really enjoy the hack, at least the first chapters. The map design, the characters and the story are great so I thank you for all the work you’ve done to make this game!

1 hour ago, Aegir said:

Hi! I’ve downloaded the patch that was on your first post but there is no boss in chapter 11 and I cannot end the map.                                Did I download the wrong one? I really enjoy the hack, at least the first chapters. The map design, the characters and the story are great so I thank you for all the work you’ve done to make this game!

If I am thinking about the right chapter, you have to have a unit wait at the gates of the south most castle. I did it with Algimas.