Fire Emblem: Order of the Crimson Arm(FinalVersion1.0 out)

TheMaskedRaider

Unit Poll  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Favortie Demo Unit/Character

• Algimas
    • Tactician
    • Ernst
    • Kurtis
    • Haylyn
    • Martel
    • Aceline
    • Boleslav
    • Negu
    • Gerwulf
    • Sven
    • Beatrice
    • Chiara
    • Robert
    • Nilda
    • Wayland
    • Vlad
    • Elaine
    • Celia
    • Foskey
    • Rorick
    • Odin
    • Meila
    • Lani
    • Brendan
    • Dita
    • Katarina
    • Aras
    • Warren
    • Franck
    • Auguste

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So minor updates, I've got the dialogue for the final chapter complete but watching some people play there were some major bugs that affect the roster so I'm working through those and as many typos/wrong objectives/house dialogue as I can right now on a debug playthrough.
We've also boosted all promoted units weapon ranks to d on gained weapons except staff ranks. 
other updates include an upgrade to ayrlyns portrait and chang e in her battle sprites palette.

TactHackV4_74.png.6298dc32b2b57d75e706c8f9f26ba778.pngTactHackV4_73.png.1cc48f79476e89c9eebc914db6ba4dc4.png

Other than that finishing up character endings  and the epilogue.
This is all stuff that'll be the next patch, following that is support insertion which I will unlock the support room for.

Edited by TheMaskedRaider

9 hours ago, Regalia said:

If I am thinking about the right chapter, you have to have a unit wait at the gates of the south most castle. I did it with Algimas. 

That worked. Thanks!

15 hours ago, TheMaskedRaider said:

So minor updates, I've got the dialogue for the final chapter complete but watching some people play there were some major bugs that affect the roster so I'm working through those and as many typos/wrong objectives/house dialogue as I can right now on a debug playthrough.
We've also boosted all promoted units weapon ranks to d on gained weapons except staff ranks. 
other updates include an upgrade to ayrlyns portrait and chang e in her battle sprites palette.

TactHackV4_74.png.6298dc32b2b57d75e706c8f9f26ba778.pngTactHackV4_73.png.1cc48f79476e89c9eebc914db6ba4dc4.png

Other than that finishing up character endings  and the epilogue.
This is all stuff that'll be the next patch, following that is support insertion which I will unlock the support room for.

By the way, will there be an extra dialogue to hint at Ayrlyn's recruitment in some way? Or did I miss the hint and just got lucky by using Celia? (Also, good detail in having the convo with her change depending on whether Celia, her brother, or both, are brought to that map.

I'm in a really weird situation with this game that I was hoping someone here might be able to help me with. TLDR at the bottom.

I ended up getting an earlier build of the hack that only went up to chapter 18 without realizing it. I played through the chapter, saved the game, and moved on to the next chapter only to find out it had jumped back to normal fe7 chapter 18x. I didn't want to lose all the progress I put in, so I grabbed the latest patch, applied it to a separate copy of fe7, and just tried to use the save data that I already had. It kinda worked, but there have been some big issues.

1. When I went to chapter fe7's 18x, it overwrote Katarina in my barracks with a level 1, 0 bases version of the female avatar

2. The end goal for OCA chapter 19 was stuck as 'seize gate' from fe7 18x, and the chapter couldn't be completed

3. My units all spawned in the same position as they would have in fe7 18x.

I didn't know whether the chapter goal was just displaying wrong or was actually messed up, so I played through the whole level and eventually just tried to use gameshark codes to go back to the previous chapter. For whatever reason, that just lands me back in fe7, but going to the next chapter puts me where I should be. The goal for chapter 20 seems to be displaying correctly, and I was able to reposition everyone other than Algimas back down to the bottom of the map where they should be, but I still don't have Isaac, Ayrlyn, or Katarina. I don't know if cheats to replace them exist, but if anyone knows a way to get them back, I would be super thankful. I've been having a great time with this hack, but don't want to start all the way back from the beginning or continue while missing a bunch of characters.

TLDR;

Is there any way to cheat in Katarina, Ayrlyn, and Isaac or did I just get screwed?

Thanks to anyone who can help!

28 minutes ago, TheUltimateChaos said:

Hey there, currently on Ch. 21 when I noticed this.

OCA.png.0a1dd877aa2a2e9acfa332c387bbe88d.png

It seems to have lost its 2 range, which is mostly sad, since the 2 range would come as useful in this chapter in particular.

Let's just say you get something a little better for Algimas

14 minutes ago, familyplayer said:

Let's just say you get something a little better for Algimas

Probably, but using only the Short Axe made it harder since it meant that I wasn´t ORKO some of the mages, which made things a little bit more complicated (although, bruteforcing things in this chapter wasn't the best way either :p ).

Also onto Ch. 22
OCA2.PNG.497eb8f526d03708d4347d33e6e88ecf.PNGOCA3.PNG.7f9648405da90139bf78ac37c529ee59.PNG

Fenrir is supposed to have 9 MT, and Flux has 5MT, yet I'm doing 4 less damage.
Which reminds me that there were instances of which a Steel Sword and a Steel Lance where doing the same damage to an enemy (holding a Bow/Tome), even though StS has 9MT and StL has 10MT. I also made sure that supports weren't affecting anything, and yeah it was the same. Haven't checked other instances for now.
Overall though, it doesn't affect much of the gameplay (which has been really good), but are little things that I really do notice.

3 hours ago, TheUltimateChaos said:

Which reminds me that there were instances of which a Steel Sword and a Steel Lance where doing the same damage to an enemy (holding a Bow/Tome), even though StS has 9MT and StL has 10MT.

That is likely due to bonuses gained due to weapon ranks.

7 hours ago, TheUltimateChaos said:

Hey there, currently on Ch. 21 when I noticed this.

OCA.png.0a1dd877aa2a2e9acfa332c387bbe88d.png

It seems to have lost its 2 range, which is mostly sad, since the 2 range would come as useful in this chapter in particular.

Completely intentional.

Spoiler

The idea is that Jeon is so skilled at using it he has a souped up version of it to represent this. While the one you get is stronger mt wise his version is way better.

Hi again! This time, that might be a bug. At chapter 15X, there is an axe user with a Devil Axe. When he attacked my Gerwulf, (who had a hand axe) he took the damage that Gerwulf should have taken, witch isn’t odd, however, when Gerwulf counterattacked, Gerwulf’s HP went up to ?? and continued to go up. And as the battle continued as long as the HPs went up and that I didn’t want to know how long it would have taken to stop, I turned off the emulator.

Still, this isn’t that big of a problem, as long as it happens on the first turn.

3 hours ago, Aegir said:

Hi again! This time, that might be a bug. At chapter 15X, there is an axe user with a Devil Axe. When he attacked my Gerwulf, (who had a hand axe) he took the damage that Gerwulf should have taken, witch isn’t odd, however, when Gerwulf counterattacked, Gerwulf’s HP went up to ?? and continued to go up. And as the battle continued as long as the HPs went up and that I didn’t want to know how long it would have taken to stop, I turned off the emulator.

Still, this isn’t that big of a problem, as long as it happens on the first turn.

Yeah, the thing about that is that it is a glitch in the vanilla game. Certain conditions (which I don't remember right now) make it happen.
So yeah, you're better off trying something else at the moment.

A example.

On 8/21/2018 at 4:19 AM, TheMaskedRaider said:

Patcha  clean rom then take your old save and move it into the same folder as the new rom with the same name.

I'll do that later after people have had a chance to play. But I do have a chart with age height and weight and in join order.

Hide contents

VitalStats.thumb.PNG.24a4e983e5a6bcffd0e3533b9014859a.PNG 

I honestly have no godly idea on how to react to my General Aceline now. A 95 pound, 4'7 person wielding a silver lance and doing 30-40 damage is terrifying

Also am I the only one that thought the Roswell arc was remarkably anti-climactic? I freakin love the hack, but that one specific chapter was kinda just like, oh. I honestly expected Hiathe to come down and smite him since the chick in one of the houses mentions it, but that's just me.

Edited by Misericordia

Hey Masked raider can you put the grow rates documments Availble in the Frist Page? That could be very usefull for people that want to know the potencial of the Units

Edited by QuoteSoda

On 8/19/2018 at 11:36 AM, ShadowYoshi said:

Grab a patcher and patch on a clean FE7 ROM, it's that simple. Either Tsukuyomi or NUPS will do, although personally I prefer the former. For more details there's a post a little bit above mine that tells you what to do step by step, it's fairly intuitive in my opinion but what do I know.

I might need instructions with the patcher.

So I understand how the palettes work now, but I was wondering where the promoted Tactician palettes were, assuming they're in a separate spot than unpromoted, and if so, what sprite the promoted tactician is based on so I could get a basis to what color goes where (I don't have a promoted tactician yet, so I have no idea what it looks like. I'm going to assume something similar to either Summoner or Necromancer, but I have no clue). Anyone know?

On 23.8.2018 at 11:09 PM, Konds said:

I'm in a really weird situation with this game that I was hoping someone here might be able to help me with. TLDR at the bottom.

I ended up getting an earlier build of the hack that only went up to chapter 18 without realizing it. I played through the chapter, saved the game, and moved on to the next chapter only to find out it had jumped back to normal fe7 chapter 18x. I didn't want to lose all the progress I put in, so I grabbed the latest patch, applied it to a separate copy of fe7, and just tried to use the save data that I already had. It kinda worked, but there have been some big issues.

1. When I went to chapter fe7's 18x, it overwrote Katarina in my barracks with a level 1, 0 bases version of the female avatar

2. The end goal for OCA chapter 19 was stuck as 'seize gate' from fe7 18x, and the chapter couldn't be completed

3. My units all spawned in the same position as they would have in fe7 18x.

Same here, with the difference that I could finish the chapter, leading me to FE7 chapter 19, after that one chapter 20 of the original game. I downloaded the provided version on the first site just two weeks ago. Glad I had a not too old savestate but I'd really like to finish the hack since i absolutely enjoy it.

18 minutes ago, sebaa12xD said:

funny how nobody uses aras bc the tactician is a dark mage.

they're missing out...

As many probably know, many have misconceptions in that you only need 1 class so that's probably why some don't.

Personally, I just didn't have any space on my team.

The Hack is great. I love it and is highly enjoyable while not too crazy or different in terms of raw gameplay. Storywise its chilling and appealing and the characters are charismatic so playing it becomes actually quite an enjoyement. Now, I have a particular doubt. Are all supports just no dialogue or are some supports actually gonna have dialogue? Is it intended to give all supports dialogue in the future or at least some?

On 8/24/2018 at 11:54 AM, TheUltimateChaos said:

Also onto Ch. 22
OCA2.PNG.497eb8f526d03708d4347d33e6e88ecf.PNGOCA3.PNG.7f9648405da90139bf78ac37c529ee59.PNG

Fenrir is supposed to have 9 MT, and Flux has 5MT, yet I'm doing 4 less damage.

Fenrir is both a Brave tome AND it targets Defense.