Fire Emblem: Order of the Crimson Arm(FinalVersion1.0 out)

TheMaskedRaider

Unit Poll  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Favortie Demo Unit/Character

• Algimas
    • Tactician
    • Ernst
    • Kurtis
    • Haylyn
    • Martel
    • Aceline
    • Boleslav
    • Negu
    • Gerwulf
    • Sven
    • Beatrice
    • Chiara
    • Robert
    • Nilda
    • Wayland
    • Vlad
    • Elaine
    • Celia
    • Foskey
    • Rorick
    • Odin
    • Meila
    • Lani
    • Brendan
    • Dita
    • Katarina
    • Aras
    • Warren
    • Franck
    • Auguste

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a cavalier on the bottom right corner of the map in CH10 that only has 20HP and gives like 8EXP to my lv11 unit. Pretty sure its level shouldn't be this low.

Edit: the low-leveled cav was equipped with a steel sword

Edited by chairman_meow

Hey TMR, were you in Tomo023's Tacthack thread on 4chan at the end of May? Because I distinctly remember asking somebody I assumed to be you to fix the light cavalry movement formula to be changed from Nomad to Cavalier. And yet in Mangs's videos, light cavalry still cost only 2 move to go through forests. What's up with that?

2 hours ago, Gruntagen said:

Hey TMR, were you in Tomo023's Tacthack thread on 4chan at the end of May? Because I distinctly remember asking somebody I assumed to be you to fix the light cavalry movement formula to be changed from Nomad to Cavalier. And yet in Mangs's videos, light cavalry still cost only 2 move to go through forests. What's up with that?

He was on an older build that didn’t have that fixed. He has since then updated to the latest patch build.

11 hours ago, chairman_meow said:

There's a cavalier on the bottom right corner of the map in CH10 that only has 20HP and gives like 8EXP to my lv11 unit. Pretty sure its level shouldn't be this low.

Seems like this is a reoccuring problem: One of reinforcement drake riders in Ch11 is LV3 while the other two is LV11

Having just reached the last chapter, I just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work on this hack. I'm normally the type to try a demo once and then wait for a hack to be complete, but even now I remember playing the last demo and eagerly awaiting what happened next after Chapter 18.  Thus here I am, certain I'll be giving the game another playthrough once supports and epilogues are finished.

I also appreciate certain things being kept under wraps. 

EDIT:

Spoiler

One hour later, gonna add that the final map was fantastic.  I enjoyed the flow of the last few maps gameplay-wise, and although I was worried about the difficulty during the second last map, the final chapter capped off with a finale that made me satisfied to have played a bit greedy (loved the track choice for it too). I have a sneaking suspicion that I missed a secret towards the end, perhaps on that second last map itself, however, I'll say no more lest I further put my foot in my mouth.

-----------

@ArcaneNyte is the game just freezing for you when he is supposed to appear?

Spoiler

He should be appearing when you wait on a certain tile.

Spoiler

Specifically if you wait on the one you might seize with on another map.

Edited by Renwar

2 hours ago, Renwar said:

Having just reached the last chapter, I just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work on this hack. I'm normally the type to try a demo once and then wait for a hack to be complete, but even now I remember playing the last demo and eagerly awaiting what happened next after Chapter 18.  Thus here I am, certain I'll be giving the game another playthrough once supports and epilogues are finished.

I also appreciate certain things being kept under wraps. 

EDIT:

Reveal hidden contents

One hour later, gonna add that the final map was fantastic.  I enjoyed the flow of the last few maps gameplay-wise, and although I was worried about the difficulty during the second last map, the final chapter capped off with a finale that made me satisfied to have played a bit greedy (loved the track choice for it too). I have a sneaking suspicion that I missed a secret towards the end, perhaps on that second last map itself, however, I'll say no more lest I further put my foot in my mouth.

-----------

@ArcaneNyte is the game just freezing for you when he is supposed to appear?

Reveal hidden contents

He should be appearing when you wait on a certain tile.

Hide contents

Specifically if you wait on the one you might seize with on another map.

Well, I feel a bit silly.

It's all good.  I felt quite silly myself during that map when I first tried it.

Spoiler

I had tried tackling both the top and bottom at roughly the same time and ended up finishing both sides within a couple turns of one another.  Now, in complete laziness, I had decided to leave Kamille and Aceline up at the top of the map (just prior to letting Algimas take his rest, as he was feeling quite a bit winded).

"Oh, there don't seem to be any reinforcements coming. They'll be fine."

Edited by Renwar

Hello, I've played up to chap 17 and I have enjoyed this hack a lot. According to the order of recruitment list that was posted though, I'm having trouble recruiting a certain Tanya (never even saw her), and the pair of Cynthia and Eliana. Algimas couldn't talk to them, would Wayland be able to? I have read the dialogues before each chapter and the augury but haven't quite figured it out... If anyone could tell me, I would be grateful.

Edited by Lunasa

I imagine that you've found this out already, but Wayland is the one who needs to talk to Cynthia.  Additionally, you can change the Chapter's dialogue if you try to have Cynthia and Eliana attack the boss.

As for Tanya...

Spoiler

She can be found in the same chapter Danica joins in. You can find her by looking carefully in the locked room. May or may not be worth going back for, as she is a good Sage, but your Beatrice may be a lot better than mine was.

Edited by Renwar

Hey guys first post ever,

I have a lot of praise for this hack (I mean it made me finally create an account here), but also a few questions.

1. I had a few instances of conversations/sprites/characters bugging out and reverting to stuff from FE7, a couple funny ones include the archer on the penultimate map that dropped Rienfleche being Sonia or some of the supports playing supports from FE7, is that because the hack is still unfinished or did I somehow screw up the patching?

2. Is there/will there be a detailled recruitment/character sheet, I'd love to know if some of my characters got blessed/screwed in certain areas, and just from scanning the support readings it seems I've missed a few characters(Pegasus Knight, Female Sage, some sprite that looks very similar to the tactician), also does the house in that one desert map hint at a secret character? I've tried to wait in a bunch of tiles near the trees,skeletons and the corners of the map, but eventually gave up.

3. Are you planning to add difficulty levels? The beginning felt pretty challenging and I loved the difficulty up until chapter 18-20~, but after that point it seems my units started to snowball a bit and a couple of them became capable of juggernauting through the enemy masses.

Now the praise; I've overall really loved this hack and I think it will really be on par with the GBA games, once it's finished up completely. The overall gameplay is great, mostly great map design(I hated the Dark Mage forest though, and sometimes the objective isn't shown really clearly), I really liked how much you get rewarded for certain side objectives(i.e. the boots if you manage to push through during the siege etc.). Another really nice thing is how you get a lot of very solid prepromotes that can carry you through, even if your characters got a bit screwed(The three main characters all turned out pretty well for me, Algimas needed some stat boosters to stay relevant though).
I also liked the story and characters, although it's a bit sad that supports aren't in yet, I liked how the story felt similar to FE9, with your MC being a mercenary instead of a noble and the progression to the higher stakes felt quite natural/realistic.

I'm definitely looking forward to the final version and plan to replay it then.

On 2018-08-28 at 8:59 AM, chairman_meow said:

Untitled.thumb.png.401a6289d1117a2674e9bd82d105a506.png

Managed to take a screenshot. I didn't realize this was possible lol

You need a clean FE7-rom (you have to find it yourself in the web), the patch and the NUPS-Patcher. Open up Nups, press apply an ups patch to file. Browse for the file to patch (the rom) and the patch. After pressing patch, you can open up the patched rom with VBA.

Okay, I've decided to play the game for myself after watching Mangs starting a playthrough of it, and I'm now on chapter 18 and Dione shows up. I saw some pages back she's recruitable, but I brought both Cynthia and Eliana, and none of them do it, and after she's defeated her quote is likely a death quote unless I'm wrong...do I need to do something differently here or did she retreat and the quote is just for show (I ask because on the other chapter she shows up in, if you talk to her beforehand with Cynthia and Eliana, she doesn't give a death quote, but instead runs away.)

By the by, very good hack, liking the story and the characters so far, gotta ask, are support convos on the work or will they star as is? (you just gain a support level, no conversation)

2 hours ago, Serkian said:

Okay, I've decided to play the game for myself after watching Mangs starting a playthrough of it, and I'm now on chapter 18 and Dione shows up. I saw some pages back she's recruitable, but I brought both Cynthia and Eliana, and none of them do it, and after she's defeated her quote is likely a death quote unless I'm wrong...do I need to do something differently here or did she retreat and the quote is just for show (I ask because on the other chapter she shows up in, if you talk to her beforehand with Cynthia and Eliana, she doesn't give a death quote, but instead runs away.)

By the by, very good hack, liking the story and the characters so far, gotta ask, are support convos on the work or will they star as is? (you just gain a support level, no conversation)

So in Chapter 18 you need to fight Dione with both Cynthia and Eliana. After then defeating her, she will flee instead of dying. THEN, in Chapter 19, Dione will appear as reinforcements sometime during the chapter (Turn 8 or so I think?). Just to be safe, I fought her with both Cynthia and Eliana again, without defeating her, but I'm not sure if those two fights are necessary.
After that, she will appear again in Chapter 20 on Turn 1 under your control.

Can't say anything about support convos.

Can confirm that you don't need to attack Dione in Chapter 19.  In a couple of my attempts she committed suicide against my Tactician with post-battle dialogue that sounded like a death quote (I did not test this, sadly), so I had to bumrush the shops / boss on that chapter and thus avoid her entirely.

Edited by Renwar

5 hours ago, PaddyO'Lantern said:

I have the same problem. The version i downloaded was from this page and I cannot find another one. So where exactly did you get your newer patches?

The newest version is still on the first page. You either accidentally applied an old ups when making the rom, or you didn't get the newest version of the ups at all.