Fire Emblem: Order of the Crimson Arm(FinalVersion1.0 out)

TheMaskedRaider

Unit Poll  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Favortie Demo Unit/Character

• Algimas
    • Tactician
    • Ernst
    • Kurtis
    • Haylyn
    • Martel
    • Aceline
    • Boleslav
    • Negu
    • Gerwulf
    • Sven
    • Beatrice
    • Chiara
    • Robert
    • Nilda
    • Wayland
    • Vlad
    • Elaine
    • Celia
    • Foskey
    • Rorick
    • Odin
    • Meila
    • Lani
    • Brendan
    • Dita
    • Katarina
    • Aras
    • Warren
    • Franck
    • Auguste

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey since I still had my final chapter save flying around I tried out the final version of the epilogue right away, however I have some issues to report, some of them could be caused by using an older savefile or missing a few recruitments (Dione and Tanya at least).

When the Tactician enters combat with Jormund it plays Heaths recruitment conversation.
In the Chapter recap some chapter numbers are used twice or out of order and FE7 chapter names are still used in a few cases(5 is used twice in a row and it goes 23 24 23 once)
In the credits some characters have the epilogue text of FE7 characters; Odin- Bartre, Elaine-Priscilla, Brendan-Lucius, Wayland-Hector.

Aside from these issues I liked the writing of the ending and epilogue, Algimas wife kind of comes out of nowhere, I think making paired support endings or even giving him a canon wife from the ones you know would be better, but that's just personal opinion.

Overall thank you for making this hack, it's definitely my favorite of any completed one so far, the gameplay and map design is of a consistently high quality (only really disliked the Dark Woods map) the story isn't too revolutionary, but it's interesting and charming enough to keep you playing and doesn't have any glaring issues, it's better to execute something simple well, rather than trying to be too deep or anything. I also really liked the character roster, they seem mostly well tuned with their own niches, and a good balance between prepromotes/failsafes and growth units.

Edited by Abundy

This is another great hack, first off i'd like to point out that so far on chapter 20 the only bug I've noticed is that when playing as female Tactition the main story plot still refers to her as a him. I've played the male first, now the female, and I keep waiting for her to be indignant about being refereed to as a "he". lmao xD 

I didn't mention supports, because I noticed you mentioned you still need to work on that. Cannot wait for those, will start 2 more new games to explore them too once they are finished. ^.^

I really like your custom characters, some I notice are a little blurry or out of focus and others are so well detailed I can tell which ones you liked working on the most lol. The story-line is thought out rather well, im enjoying it immensely. Pretty sure I've played almost every hack made in English lol, but I think this one goes to my top 5 list simply because I can see the work you put in, and it's very well made, it makes sense, it's well edited, apart from the gender confusion lol which is easy to fix.. Thank you for this!! :) 

At the beginning of Chapter 19, the cutscene with Gormund and his goons was suddenly cut off and it went straight to battle preparations. It seemed like there was supposed to be more dialogue there.

Edit: Also, it seems like Gormund is supposed to have dialogue when you trigger the switch at the bottom of the map, but it doesn't display.

Edit2: Ok, so I opened the chest at the bottom right corner of the map, and I got a game over with dialogue indicating that Gormund got away, even though I just killed him...

Edited by chairman_meow

1 hour ago, Valkoor123113 said:

Everytime I try to apply the Ups. file to the FE 7 ROM it keeps saying invalid. Can anyone please help me?

Is the rom already patched with a previous version/another rom hack? That's the only thing I can think of. You just need a clean FE7 rom

On 2018. 09. 15. at 1:42 AM, Abundy said:

...Algimas wife kind of comes out of nowhere, I think making paired support endings or even giving him a canon wife from the ones you know would be better, but that's just personal opinion.

Wait, there is a wife? My Algimas proposed to Clara just before the "Defeat Roswell" chapter. Maybe because they had A support at the time.

4 hours ago, Darkyan97 said:

Wait, there is a wife? My Algimas proposed to Clara just before the "Defeat Roswell" chapter. Maybe because they had A support at the time.

Alright, I guess then there is kind of a Chrom situation going on, if you don't manage to get an A support with any girl and him.

I have found a bug with the game. I completed chapter 18 and it took me to 18x from fe7 (imprisoner of magic). I completed it assuming you just hadn't coded a gaiden there and it continued with fe7s story. Im now taking the crimson arm to the dragons gate.

I guess eliwood gave algimas a better offer.

Screenshot_2018-09-27-07-32-14.png

Screenshot_2018-09-27-07-57-44.png

Fire Emblem Order of the Crimson Arm.sav

Edited by Rarebit
Added the save

I'm on chapter 18.  Is there any way to get Dione in this chapter or a later one?  Wondering if it's an extra challenge, beating the chapter without killing her, and she shows up later and joins somehow, or another challenge and somewhere down the line at the end of the game joins since she's much stronger and higher-leveled than Eliana and Cynthia.  When I kill her, she's like "Is this the end?  How annoying" which sounds like she's actually dead and obviously un-recruitable if dead.  

11 hours ago, Crackalecin said:

I'm on chapter 18.  Is there any way to get Dione in this chapter or a later one?  Wondering if it's an extra challenge, beating the chapter without killing her, and she shows up later and joins somehow, or another challenge and somewhere down the line at the end of the game joins since she's much stronger and higher-leveled than Eliana and Cynthia.  When I kill her, she's like "Is this the end?  How annoying" which sounds like she's actually dead and obviously un-recruitable if dead.  

Attack her with Eliana and Cynthia, after you defeat her, she will retreat.  In Chapter 18, she will show up as a reinforcement.  Attack her again with Eliana and Cynthia, I don't know if she joins if you kill her in that chapter but I didn't just to be safe.  In Chapter 20, if you did both of those requirements, she will join on Turn 1 with Andrew.

Thanks to your instructions from last year, I was able to switch to the alternate F-Tact info correctly. Don't know if someone has already asked this, but do you have HxD data for the promoted fem tact (I mean, the data for the alternate portrait example you provide on page 1). Looking forward to playing the completed version of this!

1 hour ago, ltranc said:

Attack her with Eliana and Cynthia, after you defeat her, she will retreat.  In Chapter 18, she will show up as a reinforcement.  Attack her again with Eliana and Cynthia, I don't know if she joins if you kill her in that chapter but I didn't just to be safe.  In Chapter 20, if you did both of those requirements, she will join on Turn 1 with Andrew.

Thanks.  I made a save state of that chapter to go back to in case killing her actually killed her.  I'll post if killing her in 18 doesn't stop her joining in 20.

Hey,

I'm new to hacking FE. I got NUPS and installed the OCA file and tried to patch my FE7 file with it. NUPS said that the patch didn't match the file or something like that. What do I do?

sorry if everyone asks this question

10 hours ago, FireEmblemfan2006 said:

Can you put a list of who can support who in your game or is a list already in the core game.

Algimas: Ernst, Clara, Wayland, Aras, Sven, Lani, F!Tact

M!Tact: Aceline, Gerwulf, Wayland, Celia, Cynthia, Tanya, Brendan

F!Tact: Algimas, Ernst, Sven, Rorick, Lani, Aras, Eliana

Ernst: Algimas, Danica, Kurtis, Robert, Negu, F!Tact

Kurtis: Ernst, Auguste, Katarina, Rorick, Haylyn

Haylyn: Martel, Brendan, Aras, Tanya, Kurtis

Martel: Haylyn, Brendan, Andrew, Boleslav, Isaac

Aceline: Warren, Rorick, M!Tact, Danica, Auguste

Boleslav: Odin, Chiara, Martel, Franck, Lani

Gerwulf: Negu, Auguste, Katarina, Robert, M!Tact

Negu: Lani, Gerwulf, Dita, Robert, Ernst

Sven: Dita, Eliana, Isaac, Algimas, F!Tact