Fire Emblem: Order of the Crimson Arm(FinalVersion1.0 out)

TheMaskedRaider

Unit Poll  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Favortie Demo Unit/Character

• Algimas
    • Tactician
    • Ernst
    • Kurtis
    • Haylyn
    • Martel
    • Aceline
    • Boleslav
    • Negu
    • Gerwulf
    • Sven
    • Beatrice
    • Chiara
    • Robert
    • Nilda
    • Wayland
    • Vlad
    • Elaine
    • Celia
    • Foskey
    • Rorick
    • Odin
    • Meila
    • Lani
    • Brendan
    • Dita
    • Katarina
    • Aras
    • Warren
    • Franck
    • Auguste

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/10/2018 at 12:31 AM, Gruntagen said:

Did everyone know about the Body Ring in 7x already?

EDIT:

Well, Sheik didn't, it seems. He also missed the buggered-up snag in Chapter 8.

Huh yeah I missed that!  How do you get the Body Ring?  I saw it has to do with the soldier in the upper right corner.  Do you just stand on the square after killing him?  Any specific character you need to stand on it with?

In Chapter 8 the snag just south of the village/north of where Wayland and company appear?  I never go that route... what's bugged about it?

4 hours ago, Sheik said:

Huh yeah I missed that!  How do you get the Body Ring?  I saw it has to do with the soldier in the upper right corner.  Do you just stand on the square after killing him?  Any specific character you need to stand on it with?

In Chapter 8 the snag just south of the village/north of where Wayland and company appear?  I never go that route... what's bugged about it?

Yep, stand on the square where the Chest Key soldier was planted.

The snag, instead of making a tree bridge one space north of it when broken, turns one of the plain tiles two spaces north of it into a normal bridge tile. It's more something for TMS to be aware of than for you to record.

As of chapter 14, I'm incredibly impressed by this hack. I haven't played too many of them yet, but it's certainly the one I enjoyed most. I'd even go as far as say that it's better than the official GBA games: the maps all range from "good" to "excellent" and the plot and characters are very well done. Reinforcements are not same turn (hurray!), javelins-type weapons are incredibly rare (I felt they were way too good in the GBA games), unit variety is great, etc. The lack of a world map is a bit unfortunate and there are the occasional bug (like in 7x where you can access the main party convoy on a specific square somehow), but beyond that? It's awesome, thank you!

I'm playing blind and the game seems to be very welcoming of that: character recruitment is not obscure and I don't feel like I'm missing anything of importance by not following a guide (although I might be wrong). I really appreciate the game being very friendly when played blind and there's only two moments I felt a bit unfair. 

I'm doing my usual "Female units only-ish" run, which means I'm still using the main lord and male units when I feel it's warranted: for example, before I had enough female units to fill all the deployment slots, or if I had no axe users otherwise. Sven died to ballista-which-I-assumed-didn't-reach-that-far and I'm having a ton of problems deciding who to use, but beyond that it's going great. 

I have one main fear though: I'm not using Wayland. Am I going to be punished later in the game for not using him..? Does he have forced deployment eventually or a 1vs1 duel that I hate so much later on..? I'd hate to hit a gameover state 30 hours in just because I'm not training him. I know I should, but I already can't fit in only 12 slots the units I want to use and I keep getting new interesting ones. I'm already "stuck" on the chapter 14 deployment screen because I have 14 units I really, really want to bring and I'm limited to 12; I really don't want to have to squeeze Wayland too on top of it all.

19 hours ago, Ayra said:

I have one main fear though: I'm not using Wayland. Am I going to be punished later in the game for not using him..? Does he have forced deployment eventually or a 1vs1 duel that I hate so much later on..? I'd hate to hit a gameover state 30 hours in just because I'm not training him. I know I should, but I already can't fit in only 12 slots the units I want to use and I keep getting new interesting ones. I'm already "stuck" on the chapter 14 deployment screen because I have 14 units I really, really want to bring and I'm limited to 12; I really don't want to have to squeeze Wayland too on top of it all.

Yeah I sent Wayland on the bench instantly as well because I felt my team had already been settled and I agree it would be rather nasty if this were to stop my progress at some point.

I do plan to use him... only on an ulterior run. I'm only on Chapter 9 though so there's plenty of time for me to turn things around if I'm told I DO need to use him. 

1 hour ago, Vince777 said:

Yeah I sent Wayland on the bench instantly as well because I felt my team had already been settled and I agree it would be rather nasty if this were to stop my progress at some point.

I do plan to use him... only on an ulterior run. I'm only on Chapter 9 though so there's plenty of time for me to turn things around if I'm told I DO need to use him. 

Well, I decided to keep him benched and hope for the best. I'll get back to you if that turns out to be a mistake!

21 hours ago, Ayra said:

I think there is a point where he is forced to be deployed, but he doesn't have to be used necessarily. you could just put him in a corner and play it with your regular team

26 minutes ago, Teku said:

I think there is a point where he is forced to be deployed, but he doesn't have to be used necessarily. you could just put him in a corner and play it with your regular team

Perfect, thank you! I was fearing "Ike duel" or "only Wayland's weapon can damage this boss" situations.

2 hours ago, Ayra said:

Perfect, thank you! I was fearing "Ike duel" or "only Wayland's weapon can damage this boss" situations.

Can confirm, there's a chapter not long after he's able to promote where wayland is forced, but he is never required otherwise. He can be useful that map, but he's not 100% required. You might just have to play the map quicker than you might otherwise.

*** CHAPTER 13 SPOILERS FOR ENTIRE POST ***

I was thinking back on chapter 13, and I'd like a bit of feedback on how you guys approached the situation. It's a very fun chapter for sure, but it's the one chapter in the game so far that I felt had an "unfair" situation to someone playing blind. This is the chapter where villages are being nuked by an holy light, and where a group of 5 super-powerful sages spawn to chase you down.

My concern is with the second village (the one in the center of the map), only accessible on one side via a long strip of land. How are you supposed to save that village but not lose your units later without knowing what happens ahead of time? 

I sent Dita and Celia to liberate that village, which they successfully accomplished in time. The problem is the 5 sages that spawned in the starting area. Despite the great distance and that it would only occurs a few turns in the future, for Dita and Celia to get away, they'd have to go toward the sages first on that long stretch of land and counting squares, Dita would have to take two attacks due to an annoying tree slowing her down. My best hope was that the enemy sages would go toward the left/top group, who were the furthest away. Nope, they all went toward the south path. My south army was at a safe distance, but the enemies taking that path meant that they would also get to the entrance of that "land strip" that leads to the second village with my trapped units.

Lani is my only flyer and she was way south when the sages spawned: I had rushed her there immediately to assist Cynthia (turns out it really wasn't required) so she was multiple turns away from being able to rescue Dita and Celia. I still sent her there asap and picked up Dita in time. I also sent back a unit from the South group to "lure" the sages on the south path, instead of north on the land strip while Celia was hiding as far away as possible.

Four sages went for the south group, but one went north toward Celia (despite her being 2 entire turns away). Due to having an amazing 14 Resist even before promotion, not getting doubled and having a vulnerary, Celia managed to survive long enough for Lani to drop Dita off and return to pick her up. Which turned out to not be necessary because the tactician nearly one shot the boss with a super lucky crit with Luna equipped.

Yay! Mission success! ... except that I can't help but feel I simply pulled through excessive luck and that normally, I should have lost at least one unit. If I had anyone else but Celia on that peninsula, they'd have died. If a second sage had decided to go north, she'd have died.

My "north" group was infantry-based with the dancer, but they were moving basically moving maximum distance every turn (tactician was ahead pulling enemies moving max distance, next turn other units caught up and finished the enemies while the tactician moved ahead). Except for having sent the cavalries on the north path or beeline the boss with a flyer, I couldn't have reached the boss much faster than I did... and the boss is dangerous enough that I'd need multiple units present to safely take him down (and probably a few turns). Even the new dark mage could not survive a round of combat even with her "anti-light magic" Luna tome, so the boss was no pushover. In other words, I don't think you can kill the boss without "pro-strats" before the sages can reach the 2nd village and attack the liberating units.

Sure, if I knew ahead of time that this happens, I would simply have Lani liberate that village herself and immediately fly off with her helper afterward... but you don't when playing blind. The game is awesome on the whole and the chapter IS fun and interesting, but I couldn't help but feel that the five sages combined with the long strip of land before the 2nd village formed a big "haha, screw you" moment for the player. Up before that I felt the game very skillfully avoided situations like that (better than many "real" Fire Emblem games" actually), but this one instance felt out of place. Or am I incorrect and I missed something obvious with this map?

Edited by Ayra

On 1/1/2019 at 10:10 PM, Gruntagen said:

Yep, stand on the square where the Chest Key soldier was planted.

The snag, instead of making a tree bridge one space north of it when broken, turns one of the plain tiles two spaces north of it into a normal bridge tile. It's more something for TMS to be aware of than for you to record.

Thanks Gruntagen!

@ Ayra, Wayland is force deployed in Chapter 17 and you'll have to move fast to keep him alive if he's not promoted.  It also may be hard (impossible?) to recruit certain characters in that chapter without him.  Frankly Wayland is my star player so I do recommend training him for your next playthrough.  But as long as you can make it past Chapter 17 he is not required again.

For chapter 13 I don't remember how quickly the sages appear but I didn't feel it was unfair.  The chapter gives obvious hints that you need to move fast and you have to beat it in a certain turn limit anyway, so you shouldn't be near the beginning of the map when the sages appear.  I never had to use a flier to get the village.  I only used infantry units to wipe out the enemy and a cavalier to actually visit the village and the sages never caught up to me.

4 hours ago, Chris549 said:

Hey,someone have a list of all boss musics? I love the final chapter and his songs but I can't view this in the extras,If you have the name of thats songs,please tell me. Epic romhack by the way.

The final chapter's map theme is "Trisection" from Final Fantasy Tactics. 

Just beat this hack today, and I gotta say, this is probably my favorite hack based off of FE7 to date.  Instead of focusing on having so many bells and whistles, it focuses on having really solid gameplay.  Add in some kick-ass music selections, a large and diverse cast and you got yourself a really cool hack.

I will say that while it's smart for chapter 25 to be a seize map under a turn limit, I think 30 turns is way too generous.  It should really be condensed to 20.  I turtled the map and was able to seize within 15.

But yeah I'm really looking forward to the final final version of this hack with all the supports.  I'll definitely replay it when it comes out.  :) 

4 hours ago, DectorEy said:

But yeah I'm really looking forward to the final final version of this hack with all the supports.  I'll definitely replay it when it comes out.  :

It could just be me, but im actually more interested in the potential sequel. i want to know more about the ritual that dark mage used to ascend to godhood. who knows that could have been set up to make him the main villain for the next generation

Edited by Teku
typo

19 hours ago, Sheik said:

Thanks Gruntagen!

@ Ayra, Wayland is force deployed in Chapter 17 and you'll have to move fast to keep him alive if he's not promoted.  It also may be hard (impossible?) to recruit certain characters in that chapter without him.  Frankly Wayland is my star player so I do recommend training him for your next playthrough.  But as long as you can make it past Chapter 17 he is not required again.

For chapter 13 I don't remember how quickly the sages appear but I didn't feel it was unfair.  The chapter gives obvious hints that you need to move fast and you have to beat it in a certain turn limit anyway, so you shouldn't be near the beginning of the map when the sages appear.  I never had to use a flier to get the village.  I only used infantry units to wipe out the enemy and a cavalier to actually visit the village and the sages never caught up to me.

Thanks! I do have Wayland promoted (was level 12 due to his mini chapters); hopefully that'll be enough!

Regarding 13, for fairness same my two units for the middle village were literally halfway across the map when the sages spawned. The issue is that they had to backtrack close to the beginning to get off that land strip. It's plenty possible that I lost one turn due to some low percentage misses though; one turn faster and they could have got off safely. Fair enough!

Alright so I just competed the game and wanted to give my thoughts on each of the characters real quick:

Algimas: An overall solid unit, he seemed kinda lacking at times with some poor rng level ups but never failed to pull his own weight. The dude becomes down right broken once he gets his legendary personal weapon. 4/5 stars 5/5 when he gets the personal weapon

Tactician: A dark mage who gets access to healing and brave tomes and support healing later on, this guy does it all. Mine never got spd screwed either so he was able to consistently double things. 5/5 stars

Ernst: The way I feel jaegan characters should be handled. He does his job well but ultimately I feel as though the timing for his usefulness when he starts getting normal exp rates is a little bit too late. By that time there are other characters who are better off. 2/5 stars

Kurtis: He is an okay unit when you get him. However, I feel as though what really holds him back is his speed. He was just too slow to do any meaningful damage. I just had to bench him. 2/5 stars

Haylyn: The first healer that you get. I also tend to staff abuse so that I can get the most mileage out of my units. She was fast and hit decently hard but paper thin defenses. Overall a solid unit but there are some flaws. 4/5 stars

Martel: Never liked brigands so I benched immediately. I feel as though they are a very high risk high reward type of unit which is something that I feel is not good for a long term game like fire emblem. There will always be a bad rng number somewhere and brigands happen to get the worst luck. bias 1/5 stars; potential 3/5 stars if invested into.

Aceline: Hey knights that have access to bows which are stupid broken in this game what could go wrong. How about the fact that she ends up being so slow that not only can she not double but she can't reliably tank either. I wanted her to be good but overall is not worth the time to invest into. 1/5 stars

Boleslav: Since I tried so hard to get Aceline to work I ended up benching Boleslav. That being said archers in this game are really good and boleslav is an amazing unit should you train him. 5/5 stars

Gerwulf: This is a unit who was meant to be the slow but hard hitting unit when you get the two cavaliers. This is fine at the time of his recruitment however the gap widens and eventually he gets outpaced in the amount of damage that he can do and can tank reliably enough to keep him long term. 2/5 stars

Negu: The faster and imo the better of the two cavaliers. She is faster and slightly frailer/weaker however, long term she ends up getting solid defenses and good attack. Mounted mobility is also critical for certain maps and is a great unit overall. 4/5 stars

Sven: The first of the dracoknights that you get in the game. Flying utility is useful and he could be a decent unit. However, he feels like that is all he will be just alright. He has middling speed and attack which just seems to get worse and worse as the game progresses. Maybe if you get rng blessed he can be fantastic but otherwise there are better units out there. 2/5 stars

Beatrice: She is the first mage that you get and will be your only source of magic damage outside of your tactician for the longest time. At first she is a great unit, however, once you start to promote units and have other sources of magic she starts to drop off a bit. She is useable long term but will struggle at times. 3/5 stars

Chiara: Chiara felt very much like a jack of all trades kind of character. she grew nice and evenly and starts with good enough bases that will allow her to do whatever task needs to be done. However, you do have to feed her kills here and there because she can fall behind if you aren't careful. 3/5 stars

Robert: He is a thief that really should be used as a glorified lockpick. He does his job well but overall not worth investing experience into. 2/5 stars

Nilda: Nilda has the opposite problem that Kurtis had. While Kurtis was slow but strong Nilda is fast but weak. At a certain point doubling isn't all that useful if you don't have the strength to make any meaningful damage. 2/5 stars

Wayland: Unpromoted Wayland is an overall meh unit. He could be easily droppable and I would not blame you. However, this character all he needs is just 1 pair of speedwings and he can really get the ball rolling. He becomes an aerial tank once he promotes and is a solid unit overall. Wayland is going to be the best tank you can get in the entire game. 3/5 stars before promotion 5/5 after promotion.

Vlad: A second jaegan character does not interest me what-so-ever. Honestly better off investing experience into Wayland since he can do the same job but get more worth out of it. 1/5 stars

Celia: Celia is the archer goddess. This girl just straight up murders anyone from afar. Boleslav is amazing, so is this girl. She pretty much capped str/spd/skl at level 13-14 promoted. Cannot go wrong in using her. 5/5 stars

Elaine: Healer number 2 except she is on a horse. You might want to invest an angelic robe into her just so that she doesn't die to a stray hit, otherwise she has amazing utility and can deal good damage in a pinch. 4/5 stars

Foskey: Great an armor unit who came in with less speed than my trained Aceline. Benched immediately. 1/5 stars

Lani: The first pegasus flyer you get in the game. She is a great unit and flying utility can help ferry units in certain situations. 4/5 stars

Rorick/Odin: There may be a reason to use Martel if you wanted to train him. These guys have absolutely 0 reason to use. Both are way to underleveled to use reliably. 1/5 stars

Meila: If you are going to use a thief for long term use, Meila should be your choice. She ends up faster so she can steal things a little bit better. However, long term use she fails to secure any meaningful kills. Just have her steal things and give her enough exp to promote so that she can steal all the goodies that you need. 2.5/5 stars

Brendan: He can be an alright unit should you want to make him your primary light magic damage dealer. He is perfectly serviceable but not amazing either. 3/5 stars

Dita: Dita is just a better Gerwulf is every way possible. If you want to use a heavy cavalry unit this is your girl. 3/5 stars

Katarina: Dancers are just always good and she can heal in a pinch as well. 4/5 stars

Aras: Honestly you have the tactician who just outshines Aras in everyway possible. She isn't bad but definitely not good enough to warrant a spot of the team. 2/5 stars

Warren: A promoted general, however, he suffers from the same fate that every other knight had which was poor speed. If you were going to make any general work this would be your best chance but even then he still isn't a good unit. 2/5 stars

Franck: A prepromote who is alright for the chapter he joins and that is about it. If you have a trained Negu, she outclasses Franck in every single stat, he just isn't good enough to use long term 1/5 stars.

Auguste: This is a nino/est archetype done right. She comes in during one of the hardest chapters in the entire game. Enemies are swarming you but if you can feed her kills here and there she will become fantastic. Also one of the best candidates for the afa's drops since she will have the most levels to grow to make the most use out of them. Takes work and effort but will pay off for sure. One of the only units who was able to nearly cap all of her stats. 4.5/5 stars

Danica: She comes it with alright bases and could be extremely useful. A good candidate for an energy ring to bring up damage up to par with the rest of the group. Might take a bit of investment but can definitely be worth it. 3/5 stars

Tanya: The best mage in the game. She can use both light and anima magic but I would recommend focusing on her light magic. Your healers will have most likely capped the stave ranks and if you chose not to use brendan, she is the only reliable way to use high level light magic. Healing utility also makes her a great support unit as well. 4/5 stars.

Cynthia: It could be worse however she is just too slow to become a reliable unit long term. If you really want to use her then you are going to have to spend a speedwings on her but there are other units who could utilize them better. 2/5 stars

Eliana: Starts of okay and manages to maintain her usefulness throughout the game. Not the greatest of units but overall balanced and useable. 3/5 stars

Clara: Might have to rely on drynwyn to get started but once she starts leveling up she becomes a better and better unit. You just have to get over that first little hill to get the ball rolling. 3.5/5 stars

Ayrlyn: Give this girl a killing edge and she will destroy most foes. I ended up not training her and bringing her into the final level. She ended up doing just fine without any training against the endgame enemies. 4/5 stars

Isaac: If you really want to use a beserker, Isaac is your man. Dude comes in with good enough bases to hold you over until the endgame. 3/5 stars

Andrew: The worst of the three archers but still a good unit. Will definitely be weaker than both of the other archers if they are trained and probably not worth having 3 archers on your team. 3/5 stars

Dione: For a secret unit that you have to go through a whole lot to get, not really worth the investment. She is an alright unit and can be used in the endgame but she could be a lot better. 3/5 stars

Erwin: 16 magic with only 2 levels to grow means that he might struggle a bit. He does have amazing growth rates but overall should only be used if you have other units that died or are heavily rng screwed. 3/5 stars.

40 minutes ago, Tempo said:

Aceline: Hey knights that have access to bows which are stupid broken in this game what could go wrong. How about the fact that she ends up being so slow that not only can she not double but she can't reliably tank either. I wanted her to be good but overall is not worth the time to invest into. 1/5 stars

Eh, she turned out very well in my run through :p , but i have a particular fondness for armored nights in fire emblem, so im willing to bear with them early on and see if it can jury rig something to make them work

aceline.PNG

Edited by Teku
adding more info

i mean, her resistance gain sucks, so mages are the bane of her existence, but against physical damage she was all but impregnable for most of the game. + theres a neat little easter egg with her on a certain map that made it worth it :lol:

Edited by Teku
typo