Fire Emblem: Order of the Crimson Arm(FinalVersion1.0 out)

TheMaskedRaider

Unit Poll  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Favortie Demo Unit/Character

• Algimas
    • Tactician
    • Ernst
    • Kurtis
    • Haylyn
    • Martel
    • Aceline
    • Boleslav
    • Negu
    • Gerwulf
    • Sven
    • Beatrice
    • Chiara
    • Robert
    • Nilda
    • Wayland
    • Vlad
    • Elaine
    • Celia
    • Foskey
    • Rorick
    • Odin
    • Meila
    • Lani
    • Brendan
    • Dita
    • Katarina
    • Aras
    • Warren
    • Franck
    • Auguste

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 10:22 AM, Gruntagen said:

Beat the level before the Fog of War clears.

What does "when do you get the also" mean?

I meant to ask when do you also get the gaiden chapter. my bad

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/21/2019 at 4:19 PM, Selentia said:

I don't know how to download the game, whenever I click download it just installs VisualBoyAdvanced even though I already have it downloaded and I can't find the rom anywhere.

You have to get the rom yourself and apply the patch to it

XmiHdjM.jpg

I fed her during the side chapters and accidentally made her a hard carry monster that can easily face tank EPs with little risk

lQAECv4.jpg

I didn't realize until the last few chapters that she actually shit on Beatrice offensively and I already S ranked staves so I never got to use the light magic

KY299O8.jpg

I see a lot of sleeping on Negu and Nilda going on. They're a bit glass cannony, but Nilda is a crit machine.

ivcdR63.jpg

I never use peg knights so I fed her my boosts, but tbh I'm pretty sure. Skl and Spd wouldve capped anyway

ySBRkpy.jpg

Obligatory tactician. 2 speed wings.

As for other units, Martel didn't cap anything besides speed but hes strong as fuck anyway. Aceline was good but couldn't move enough to do much besides hold off rear reinforcments. Beatrice and Chiara suffer from awful str syndrome so I left them with Aceline and rando late join promotes like cynthia and the assassin to control rear chasing in the last few chapters.

What other good complete hacks are out there?

That looks pretty similar to my playthrough actually! 

Very similar stats and using very similar units. Haylyn was a monster for me too; I did realize around chapter 18 though so she did get to nuke stuff on my playthrough. Celia was godlike for me too, and I did the same on her paralogue.

Lani also got a lot of my stat boosters: in my case it's because pegasus knights are my favorite class though. My tactician also looked like that, but with around 20 defenses (she got the draco shields). 

Chiara I also dropped right after promotion due to awful strength (9...). Beatrice I kept and she was useful, but her magic was quite low too. Aceline I dropped at around level 15 due to being mediocre all-around: her meh stats really didn't justify her movement and armor weakness.

Regarding hacks, this is the best one I've played personally by a good amount. I thought Requiem was decent though and worth the play. I haven't played Road to Ruins yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Currently at Chapter 17

I really like this ROM hack so far, the characters are pretty neat, story is relatively simple yet enjoyable, map design on point, and the balancing of things seems pretty fair.

Also question, how is chapter 15x unlocked. I just noticed that I missed it since I don't have Danica or Tanya on my team.

Wish I realized that sooner since I'm most likely not going to backtrack to chapter 15 to get those two sadly. Since it would be too much of a hassle and I already have Beatrice(love her). Danica, depending on bases, I'd probably spuld have put on my team to replace Chiara.

Also may I say, I really love the character designs, more so since chapter 17 we finally get to use the eye candy that is Cynthia and Eliana. Also helps that they are pretty good pre promotes that fit into two of my fav classes.

(Also Celia is an Archer Goddess, bless her soul.)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2019 at 11:57 PM, HamedM1 said:

Also question, how is chapter 15x unlocked. I just noticed that I missed it since I don't have Danica or Tanya on my team.

Just beat the previous level before Fog of War ends.

• 3 weeks later...

So Masked Raider gave me the go ahead on this so I went ahead and made it.  It has been play tested so nothing breaks (hopefully).  Character descriptions have been kept the same so you can use them to tell who's who.  I'll get to work on a changelog that details who replaces who and recruitments some time later.  Patch it over an unmodified FE7 rom.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tqgmqqu47sqlo4t/OCA Reverse Recruitment.ups?dl=0

• 3 weeks later...

Really wish the game was finished. I love the game and would have liked to see it finished because the lack of supports and the many FE 7  scenes (Like in some houses, some endings and Ajax dialogue) leftovers gimps the experience. Would post my team but I took advantage of the money bug to buy stat boosters gallore so it wouldn't really represent my team (Used it to make up for some characters low level).

Favorite characters were all the girls Tactician can support. Specially Cynthia and Tanya.

is this actually a complete project? i was thinking about playing the last promise again but some people from the community recommended this to me, it looks great but it seems like a incomplete project, is there a guide for supports, gaiden chapters, growth's, secrets and more?

It's complete in the sense that there's an ending and end credits.  There's just things to polish up like leftover FE7 text and events, and adding supports.  If that still counts as incomplete to you, then technically TLP is also incomplete because the Constellation is missing that final star.

9 hours ago, BBHood217 said:

It's complete in the sense that there's an ending and end credits.  There's just things to polish up like leftover FE7 text and events, and adding supports.  If that still counts as incomplete to you, then technically TLP is also incomplete because the Constellation is missing that final star.

The lack of polish really hurts the game imo. Its also an usual complain of the lets players that played them. Its a shame since I like the characters of the hack but they have no supports to develop them.

3 hours ago, Luminar said:

people kept telling me this was better then TLP, but as i asked before is there a guide for growth's, secrets, recruitment, gaiden chapters and more?

The growths are displayed in this thread' OP I believe. Someone uploaded a guide in this thread that gives you every secret to know but I don't know in what page it is.

4 hours ago, Luminar said:

people kept telling me this was better then TLP, but as i asked before is there a guide for growth's, secrets, recruitment, gaiden chapters and more?

It's better than TLP in the sense that it feels more like a "normal" FE game (with some slight unfinished edges, where you still notice it's a hack), TLP gets really zaney both story and gameplay-wise, while OCA is just good vanilla FE gameplay with imo pretty well balanced units and a decent story.

• 2 weeks later...

I just beat Chapter 18 for OCA and am now going to the original FE7 18x gaiden chapter. I tried playing through to see if it would go back to OCA but it just went to FE 7 Chapter 19. Can anybody help me out?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Arf, I really like this game but I just finished ch.17 and I notice that I missed Tanya. I'm gonna hang myself. I can't stand missing a character, I just can't. Even if I'd never use him/her. I was soooo happy. I wish there was a guide or something, I only need to see when I miss a character and just reset that chapter to fulfill the conditions.

Can anyone post a save with all the characters? Something close to my chapter would be just fine. I really don't want to start all over again.

Edit: I didn't see that another user have posted a guide. Bless you * - *

On 12/10/2018 at 2:29 AM, Sheik said:

I just finished my playthrough and am attaching a file that details: Each Chapter (Map, Characters, Items, any Important Info, and any Glitches I came across), an Item List, a Support List, and Overall Glitches that I came across.

Let me know if anything is inaccurate or if I missed any chapters.  I'm still unsure how I got some of the sidequests if someone wants to double check that for me.

Order of the Crimson Arm Walkthrough.docx

Edited by KillianVermont

I'm trying to open the OCAFinal1.0.ups file with VBA. When I go to "file" on VBA, I see my other roms, but not order of the crimson arm. does anyone know why this is the case?

I've emulated the GBA games before, but I've never played a rom hack. I see "patch" being thrown around. am i supposed to do something different for roms?

Edit: ok nevermind. Just realized there is a tutorial for patching in a forum

Edited by Surge247
Found answer

• 3 weeks later...

Unless they hack skills into FE7 like they have with FE8, that seems quite unlikely.  Most people would probably just make a new FE8 hack instead.

• 2 weeks later...

So it’s sadly not an update to the base game but it is something that might tide some people over. Since the team hasn’t been able to work on it for a bit, we decided to compile most of what we have support wise and post it here. It may not be in game but it is a hefty number of supports.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yDlDd0B2PK9LrTBcEZo9p_NsscVQ1nVv0QPuJNRbuvc/edit?usp=sharing