Fire Emblem Fates | CANON Children CHALLENGE - I need your help!

BlackClover

Mild spoilers for FE13 and FE14 ahead

Hi all!

So I have had a Revelations file planned for a while now, in which I pair couples based on the colours the mother will pass down to her child to get the closest to the official sprites as I can.

Official sprites (as used on Twitter) compiled here

This poses some immediate challenges. Some children could use the same mother for the closest hairstyle. My choice? The characters with the most hair or the most plot significance (i.e. Heirs of Fates or Awakening references) will get precedence over non-plot relevant children.

For example, this would imply that Soleil wins Felicia's hair colour over Miitama as Soleil's hair references Olivia.

There are some highly sought after hair colours (i.e. blonde) that we just don't have enough units for or colours that are rare/inaccessible. So I will be using a female Avatar to wed one lucky guy - though I'm undecided on who.

This is where you come in! Below is a list of chosen pairings that create near-canon hair colours for the children.

Midori - Kaze x Setsuna (closest to green)

Asugi - Saizo x Sakura (commonly paired for near-orange hair)

Caeldori - Subaki x Selena (implied as Caeldori's 'canon' mother)

Siegbert - Xander x Charlotte (Siegbert is an Heir of Fate. Charlotte provides a near ideal blonde.)

Soleil - Laslow x Felicia (Priority over Miitama as reference to Awakening)

Ophelia - Odin x Elise (provides same shade of hair as Odin)

Shiro - Ryoma x Mozu (Mozu's hair is darker and thus closer to Shiro's canon shade than her other contender, Kagero)

Rhajat - Hayato x Nyx (Black hair that references Tharja in Awakening)

Miitama - Azama x Rinkah (White is closest to her sherbet pink)

Kiragi - Takumi x Hana (Closest to Takumi's hair colour)

Hisame - Hinata x Kagerou (slightly lighter brown is closest to Hisame after Hana)

Dwyer - Jakob x Effie (Silver hair is close to Dwyer's grey)

Unsure:

Sophie - Silas x Beruka?

Selkie - Kaden x Hinoka?

Percy - Arthur x ???

Nina - Niles x Azura?

Forrest - Leo x ???

Ignatius - Benny x ???

Velouria - Keaton x ???

Please post your feedback and suggestions below! All suggestions for couples will be considered, even the "established" ones! :^_^: Let's canonize!

I hate to break it to you, but while it may be the closet shade besides Charlotte, it is not the same shade at all. Elise's hair is more of a strawberry blond, while Odin's is dirtier. That being said, I understand you'll need to still do this couple to complete what you want to accomplish here, so don't take it the wrong way.

Let's see...I think marrying your avatar to either Niles or Shura will give Kana the closest white of hair. I also like the idea of marrying Kaden to Hinoka to make her hair color less jarring, but Azura could work for this as well, considering no kid's default hair color is even close to Azura/Shigure's, except Sophie, maybe, again? Blue suits her well, I think. Maybe looking at pictures of all the kids' possible hair colors will help you decide which ones look decent enough to you.

Mild spoilers for FE13 and FE14 ahead

Hi all!

So I have had a Revelations file planned for a while now, in which I pair couples based on the colours the mother will pass down to her child to get the closest to the official sprites as I can.

Official sprites (as used on Twitter) compiled here

This poses some immediate challenges. Some children could use the same mother for the closest hairstyle. My choice? The characters with the most hair or the most plot significance (i.e. Heirs of Fates or Awakening references) will get precedence over non-plot relevant children.

For example, this would imply that Soleil wins Felicia's hair colour over Miitama as Soleil's hair references Olivia.

There are some highly sought after hair colours (i.e. blonde) that we just don't have enough units for or colours that are rare/inaccessible. So I will be using a female Avatar to wed one lucky guy - though I'm undecided on who.

This is where you come in! Below is a list of chosen pairings that create near-canon hair colours for the children.

Midori - Kaze x Setsuna (closest to green)

Asugi - Saizo x Sakura (commonly paired for near-orange hair)

Caeldori - Subaki x Selena (implied as Caeldori's 'canon' mother)

Siegbert - Xander x Charlotte (Siegbert is an Heir of Fate. Charlotte provides a near ideal blonde.)

Soleil - Laslow x Felicia (Priority over Miitama as reference to Awakening)

Shiro - Ryoma x Mozu (Mozu's hair is darker and thus closer to Shiro's canon shade than her other contender, Kagero)

Rhajat - Hayato x Nyx (Black hair that references Tharja in Awakening)

Miitama - Azama x Rinkah (White is closest to her sherbet pink)

Kiragi - Takumi x Hana (Closest to Takumi's hair colour)

Hisame - Hinata x Kagerou (slightly lighter brown is closest to Hisame after Hana)

Dwyer - Jakob x Effie (Silver hair is close to Dwyer's grey)

Unsure:

Sophie - Silas x Beruka?

Selkie - Kaden x Hinoka?

Percy - Arthur x ???

Nina - Niles x Azura?

Forrest - Leo x ???

Ignatius - Benny x ???

Velouria - Keaton x ???

Please post your feedback and suggestions below! All suggestions for couples will be considered, even the "established" ones! :^_^: Let's canonize!

Since most children have natural hair colors in their offical artwork, it's basically impossible to make perfect canon pairings.

Still, the next best thing would be to choose the lesser evil for the ones that are left. If I would start from the mindset that I could only make changes in the unsure section I would choose the following pairs:

Sophie - Silas x Orochi
Selkie - Kaden x Hinoka
Percy - Arthur x Beruka
Nina - Niles x Azura (or Peri)
Forrest - Leo x Peri (or Azura)
Ignatius - Benny x Oboro
Velouria - Keaton x Camilla
Ntl5g9g.png
Edit: I just realised that the "official" sprites I found for the characters and the ones used on the twitter account in the OP's post are slightly different. Percy's and Ignatius' hair is a lot lighter on the twitter page... Making a difficult task even harder... Maybe Switch Ignatius' and Velouria's mother? Except that this would be impossible since Keaton can't marry Oboro...
Edited by Masterthunderblade

I hate to break it to you, but while it may be the closet shade besides Charlotte, it is not the same shade at all. Elise's hair is more of a strawberry blond, while Odin's is dirtier. That being said, I understand you'll need to still do this couple to complete what you want to accomplish here, so don't take it the wrong way.

Let's see...I think marrying your avatar to either Niles or Shura will give Kana the closest white of hair. I also like the idea of marrying Kaden to Hinoka to make her hair color less jarring, but Azura could work for this as well, considering no kid's default hair color is even close to Azura/Shigure's, except Sophie, maybe, again? Blue suits her well, I think. Maybe looking at pictures of all the kids' possible hair colors will help you decide which ones look decent enough to you.

I can see what you mean! I guess I just chose it over Charlotte because her's is less bright than Charlotte.

Thanks for the Selkie thoughts! I think the red is less obvious when it's paired with Kaden's blonde, and since Selkie's streak is meant to be brownish, red isn't too far off.

Hmmm... The Avatar could also provide highly necessary blonde to Percy or Ignatius though. So many struggles! :/

Since most children have natural hair colors in their offical artwork, it's basically impossible to make perfect canon pairings.

Still, the next best thing would be to choose the lesser evil for the ones that are left. If I would start from the mindset that I could only make changes in the unsure section I would choose the following pairs:

Sophie - Silas x Orochi
Selkie - Kaden x Hinoka
Percy - Arthur x Beruka
Nina - Niles x Azura (or Peri)
Forrest - Leo x Peri (or Azura)
Ignatius - Benny x Oboro
Velouria - Keaton x Camilla
Ntl5g9g.png

You can make any changes!

I like the idea of Orochi!Sophie and Camilla!Velouria... However it's a shame not to give Forrest his blonde since he's an heir of fate. Avatar, maybe?

I feel like Orochi!Velouria could work, but alas, not an option. Oboro!Velouria would be almost ideal too!

I have Kagero!Shiro and Mozu!Velouria on my file, and it looks nearly identical to their canon hair colors. If you look closely, Kagero's hair color is slightly more brown than Mozu's, giving Shiro a closer hair color to Ryoma.

Also, I believe Charlotte would be a better fit for Percy. I understand that Siegbert is an Heir of Fate or whatever, but Charlotte's hair color is much more fitting for Percy than it is for Siegbert, as Siegbert's hair color is more dull, while Percy's is bright.

Top: Canon hair colors

Middle: Kagero!Shiro, Charlotte!Siegbert, Mozu!Velouria, Charlotte!Percy

Bottom: Mozu!Shiro

wndx7fA.pngkI90o0q.pngsG2OAci.pngnYJF4nJ.png

sSNIaYC.pngNvGot1l.pngn2BFDoD.pngyh7Fe0j.png

zsWojVW.png

I have Kagero!Shiro and Mozu!Velouria on my file, and it looks nearly identical to their canon hair colors. If you look closely, Kagero's hair color is slightly more brown than Mozu's, giving Shiro a closer hair color to Ryoma.

Also, I believe Charlotte would be a better fit for Percy. I understand that Siegbert is an Heir of Fate or whatever, but Charlotte's hair color is much more fitting for Percy than it is for Siegbert, as Siegbert's hair color is more dull, while Percy's is bright.

Top: Canon hair colors

Middle: Kagero!Shiro, Charlotte!Siegbert, Mozu!Velouria, Charlotte!Percy

Bottom: Mozu!Shiro

wndx7fA.pngkI90o0q.pngsG2OAci.pngnYJF4nJ.png

sSNIaYC.pngNvGot1l.pngn2BFDoD.pngyh7Fe0j.png

zsWojVW.png

I can see what you mean! Thanks for the feedback!

I'll definitely consider Kagero!Shiro although I'm partial to Mozu!Shiro myself. As for Siegbert I'm fairly pleased with him having Charlotte's hair (no other options really unless Avatar), but maybe this means Avatar would be a good option for Percy to receive the same brightness? o:

Edit: Hana would be a good option for Siegbert or Elise but one's not coded and one's just wrong lol

Edited by BlackClover

Ok, this may sound dumb, but I always saw Hana's hair as green, so wouldn't she be better for Midori? Then again, I could be wrong, maybe I just can't identify colours easily.

Wow that's the first time I've seen that!

Hana's hair colour has always been light brown to me and all the other players I know. Maybe a difference in our screen resolutions?

Wow that's the first time I've seen that!

Hana's hair colour has always been light brown to me and all the other players I know. Maybe a difference in our screen resolutions?

Nah, I'm likely just dumb. Either that or brown/green colour blind. I mean, I said the same thing about Kotori (from Love Live), who also has light brown hair. I also could be purple/blue colour blind too, as I saw Oboro's hair as purple for a while.

• 4 weeks later...

This is a rough project to undertake, given that there are so many ladies with blue hair inexplicably floating around. You might have to bite the bullet and have some of the kids inaccurate, sadly. Hate to contribute so little, but most people have made pretty much the suggestions that you'll want... good luck.