Cipher Series 8: April 20 - Promo Chrom in Dengeki Nintendo!

Kirie

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's been revealed who the artist of the new Tiki art is, but it's probably the same as S1, yeah. Cipher does a lot of mirroring of artists doing the same characters.

Some high-quality versions of Risen King Chrom and Julia were shown off at the recent S7 release events! Thanks to @FEyanagidaze for posting the images and Prince of Iris for bringing the images to my attention.

[spoiler=large images]

bpowhK.jpg

4ZJHHD.jpg

Edited by Kirie

Some high-quality versions of Risen King Chrom and Julia were shown off at the recent S7 release events! Thanks to @FEyanagidaze for posting the images and Prince of Iris for bringing the images to my attention.

[spoiler=large images]

bpowhK.jpg

4ZJHHD.jpg

Wait a minute, I recognize those boobs. Is Lack the artist who did Julia?

I don't think we'll know for sure until the card is officially revealed, but it definitely looks like it could be lack's work.

Yeah that's definitely lack. For comparison look at Jill and Athena's gravity-defying round boobs, the birds in Sanaki, and the paintbrush look of the background. The only thing that's really different is the style of the eyes, with heavier eyelashes and less "cat eye" look, but I'm sure he has used that in other card games.

I'm hoping for Altenna SR as she got the checklist card.

if they do a straight 1:1 from set 6, it's gonna be Seliph, Julius, Julia, Leif, Sety, and Lakche. Altenna could very well get the SR instead of Lief, depending on how they plan to handle Thracia.

What I hope doesn't happen is that Seliph steals both an SR and an R like in Eliwood did last set, due to both of them sharing an R+X. Too many gold units deserve a foil in this set.

Speaking of guesses, what about Sleeves? It seems almost set that Seliph, Julia, Tiki and Chrom will get the sleeves, but maybe I'm wrong.

if they do a straight 1:1 from set 6, it's gonna be Seliph, Julius, Julia, Leif, Sety, and Lakche. Altenna could very well get the SR instead of Lief, depending on how they plan to handle Thracia.

What I hope doesn't happen is that Seliph steals both an SR and an R like in Eliwood did last set, due to both of them sharing an R+X. Too many gold units deserve a foil in this set.

Speaking of guesses, what about Sleeves? It seems almost set that Seliph, Julia, Tiki and Chrom will get the sleeves, but maybe I'm wrong.

They sounds as the most likely choices... but the only ones that I guarante are Seliph, Julia, and one between Leif and Altenna (this will depends of how soon we'll get Thracia cards)

What about the SR from the Awakening-Side? (Except Chrom, that is obvious)

They sounds as the most likely choices... but the only ones that I guarante are Seliph, Julia, and one between Leif and Altenna (this will depends of how soon we'll get Thracia cards)

What about the SR from the Awakening-Side? (Except Chrom, that is obvious)

Aless and Shannan, weilders of the Mysteltainn and Balmung, are also potent contestants but Altenna also wields the Gaybulge Gae Bolg, Leif has much stronger story precense, and Lakche is waifu of the swordmaster variety. Mia has taught us that female swordmasters have VERY high priorities as far as SRs go. Has there even been a set without a Swordmaster SR? I mean, geez:

S1: Navarre and Owain S2: Ryoma S3: Mia, S4: Lon'qu, S5: Fir and Mia again S6: Ayra S7: Lloyd, Ryoma again, and basically Lyn too.

Ayra was the only SR in set 6 without a holy weapon and poor Claude who had the Valkyrie Staff was left as an HN.

As far as awakening goes my "for sure" guesses are Chrom, Tiki and Tharja. Tiki because her N/HN has the same pose as her in set 1 so I expect her to also get an SR that mirrors the set 1 SR, Chrom because I'm pretty certain that Risen King is the SR, Tharja because no way Cordelia gets 2 SRs but Tharja doesn't. Severa and Owain have SRs, perhaps Inigo will get one this time around. The other two could be anyone, really. Since villians are popular now perhaps Grima/Hoodie Robin will get one SR in the same vein as Anankos did. Hopefully Cherche will get one, she was only cut short in 4th place, and the other 4th place Lon'qu already has his SR.

So my guesses end up as: Risen Chrom, Grima, Tiki, Tharja, Inigo and Cherche.

There is no relevant Swordmaster in Awakening left without a card, right? Yen'Fay pls go

Edited by SalShich10N

Larcei is a fem myrm, so she's all but confirmed. I'm thinking it'll be her, Julia, and Altenna for female SRs; Seliph, Julius, and Sety for the guys. I think they'll wait to give Leif an SR until Thracia set, though I could be wrong. Partially depends on how far away the Thracia set is.

And Seliph is practically confirmed to be getting an SR and an R like Eliwood did.

For Awakening, my thoughts/wish list is Chrom, Inigo, male villain (maybe Grima, maybe Validar, probably not Gangrel as much as I'd like him), F!Robin, Cherche, and Tiki.

Sleeves will probably be Chrom, Tiki, Seliph, and Altenna. If so, it'll be a tough choice for me to decide which sleeves I want this time around...

Larcei is a fem myrm, so she's all but confirmed. I'm thinking it'll be her, Julia, and Altenna for female SRs; Seliph, Julius, and Sety for the guys. I think they'll wait to give Leif an SR until Thracia set, though I could be wrong. Partially depends on how far away the Thracia set is.

And Seliph is practically confirmed to be getting an SR and an R like Eliwood did.

For Awakening, my thoughts/wish list is Chrom, Inigo, male villain (maybe Grima, maybe Validar, probably not Gangrel as much as I'd like him), F!Robin, Cherche, and Tiki.

Sleeves will probably be Chrom, Tiki, Seliph, and Altenna. If so, it'll be a tough choice for me to decide which sleeves I want this time around...

I'd really be disappointed if Leif doesn't get the SR. Master Knight is one hell of a class and Laquesis getting only an R is a complete disservice to it. Seriously, look it up if you haven't, you will be left in shock and awe. We don't necessarily need to get an even split of men and women, last Yellow set was 4 dudes and 2 girls. If there is one game that will be a boy's club it definitely should be FE4. If anything the male:female split is usually on the female favor.

Since we're going for a bad ending on Awakening I doubt we'll get Robin. If anything we'll get yet another Lucina SR.

Altenna is not relevant enough to be a sleeve, she's not the main heroine unlike Julia. Aletenna is actually kind of lame for a holy weapon weilder, since the Gae Bolg is not a sword and she is weighted down a lot by it, plus she's more of a satellite character to Leif and Aerone. Aerone is actually more relevant, so he might be the one who gets an SR since he's sort of a Camus/Michalis combination that actually doesn't die but never joins really you. Altenna might get a set of sleeves if only Tiki gets the sleeve from awakening as it happened in set 6 with Charlotte.

I was mostly think of Altenna for a sleeve because of how much her artwork has been promoted, like S8 Awakening Tiki or like S7's Lyn. We get plenty of sleeves of irrelevent characters because they have nice art or are generally popular. It's not really anything based on her character or whatever. She was the first character revealed, she's on the ad, she's the character in the S7 inserts, etc. It could certainly be Julia, too, or maybe even both and only Chrom or Tiki for Awakening. I dunno, it's just fun to think about. :)

And, yeah, I could see the yellow SR split going in favour of more males, too, so I guess we'll see. Though I'll continue to hope for an even split since the female cards usually tend to be worth more unless and I like to get my money's worth. :P

Ishtar should also get an SR (she and Yurius could have joint art cards.. I know it's unlikely, but I can wish). I do't see Lief getting an SR at all in this set (nor Fin and Nanna) because of Thracia.

I see Selice, Yurius, Sety, Shannan, Yuria (only because you have to), and Ishtar (or Aries) for SRs. I can't see Lakche getting an SR and her twin Skasher not (they could have joint R's, or R +'s, which would be cool). I'm actually surprised Bridget didn't get it instead of Ayra last time (holy weapons should have priory IMO). I don't see Altena getting an SR, but I could see a R. Poor Couple and Favil will probably get just HNs. I can see Arthur getting a R slot, and Fee too.

So probably R's

Ares (unless he gets the SR)

Arthur

Fee

Selice (based on Eilwood)

Lakche (if she steals the SR due to swordmaster, then Ishtar will get the R)

Skasher

Altena

and if they get the 8th one, then Fin, Lief or Oifey (should be Couple or Favil, but they will loose out due to popularity)

We know that there are going to be at least 2 more gold sets, as you have the alt children and Thracia.

Speaking of alt children, how do you think they'll be handled?

I'm guessing they won't be appearing, since for the most part their existence imply player error. If they ever do another "round up" set like set 9 seems to be they could definitely include those.

I can't see Lakche getting an SR and her twin Skasher not (they could have joint R's, or R +'s, which would be cool).

Look at Lloyd and Linus. They didn't even got joint art in the N/HN. If anyone is going to get joint art is going to be Seliph, Leif and Aless.

Still I don't see Leif getting anything below an R. He might get the R+X, however, and set 10 could be Thracia.

Still, I really hope Celice doesn't snatches an R slot in this set. I had by gripes with Mahnya getting one already and with me pulling it twice instead of Fury.

I disagree with Altenna, but yeah pretty much. They could always surprise us since I don't think there was a popularity poll. Seliph, Julia and Julius are very much set in stone, at the very least.

Altenna is a curious character, though. She's in the exact same situation Corrin is in Fates. Pondering on that I do see her potential, but I must insist on Leif. Do consider him.

I would really love to see Leif get some special recognition this set, but it's hard to estimate exactly how that will fall. I think that having Thracia in S10 and just including Leif as both an R and an R+X would be the best way to handle it.

Characters getting two SRs from different games is nothing new. Mia and Ike could, so can Leif. It depends if Thracia really gets S10, since Sacred Stones is still missing and Mobile might be looming over. S10 will be right on the middle of 2017, so there is a good chance something happens then. Fates was a 2015 release and FE games have about a 2 year wait time between games.

Edited by SalShich10N

I think it's going to be Altena.

All of the colours except yellow have a SR flier. With Fury and Mahnya already covered, the only fliers left are Altena, Fee, Femina, Karin, Misha, Eda, and maybe Areone and Travant. I might be missing one there. Out of these characters, I'd say Altena is the only one who could realistically get a SR card, unless Cipher intends to revisit Gen 1 and give Fury a SR or something (I think this is not very likely).

Maybe they're planning on breaking that pattern though. I hope not.