Cipher Series 8: April 20 - Promo Chrom in Dengeki Nintendo!

Kirie

3 hours ago, Yaen said:

002 SR Risen Chrom
Hm... So a 001 SR Good Chrom can be expected ? =D

If he gets an HN as well then we're gonna have 4 Chrom cards. Someone in the direction is really pissed that Lucina hogs all the spotlight.

Edited by SalShich10N

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I mean, he's getting his chance today. This is his chance... to not be shit.

Unfortunately, this depends on Risen being able to get buffed more! Hopefully, we'll get stuff like "ALL Risen cards in the Support Zone gain 50 SUP".

33 minutes ago, ScarletFlame said:

Well, I mean, he's getting his chance today. This is his chance... to not be shit.

Unfortunately, this depends on Risen being able to get buffed more! Hopefully, we'll get stuff like "ALL Risen cards in the Support Zone gain 50 SUP".

I'm pretty sure Robin with get on the Risen bandwagon through Grima. It's cute how even as bad guys Robin and Chrom are still best buddies.

4 hours ago, SalShich10N said:

If he gets an HN as well then we're gonna have 4 Chrom cards. Someone in the direction is really pissed that Lucina hogs all the spotlight.

...You mean... 3 Chrom cards? The HN will be the 1 Cost Chrom, and then 2 SR Chroms.

Grima hype train though.

Chrom getting two SRs in one series would be unique, since (counting the different genders of Corrin as separate characters) only Azura in series 3 has received that honor before (mainly because she's associated with both Nohr and Hoshido and thus is her own counterpart, unlike most Fates characters). Maybe we'll get good king Chrom and evil king DIO Chrom.

I'm also under the impression that B08-048 (the card after the Risen) will end up being Grima. There are six Jugdral cards left after Altena's SR discounting the inevitable mascot, so I suspect that Julius and Ishtar will be among them (and someone else maybe).

Edited by Lightchao42

5 hours ago, TheVinceKnight said:

...You mean... 3 Chrom cards? The HN will be the 1 Cost Chrom, and then 2 SR Chroms.

Grima hype train though.

You're right, an N. My bad. Having an HN, an N, and two SRs is a possibility.

4 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I'm also under the impression that B08-048 (the card after the Risen) will end up being Grima. There are six Jugdral cards left after Altena's SR discounting the inevitable mascot, so I suspect that Julius and Ishtar will be among them (and someone else maybe).

My guess is that the remaining 6 are two Julius cards, two Ishtar cards and more Shade and Emma. We can't have enough Shade. Mage Fighter and Bard opened new classes for Shade.

The page for S8 on the official website is now live, though there's sadly not too much there. Just a confirmation of MSRP, a distinct lack of ST Deck, and (most exciting) a booster pack image:

RE8ubwp.png

9 hours ago, dynstykrnboi said:

Frederick is broken! Especially if you can use his first ability in non-blue decks too.

Not exaaactly

You have to consider numerous factors - like one, how it only works on class change, which means if your deck doesn't class change much or at all, the only time you'll get to do it is when you class change the main character, which is only on turn 2 or 3 depending on what deck you're playing.

Even then, all he turns out to be is just another unit to beat them down with. Class changing is already practically slow and unreliable - on top of the fact that he is 10 support, which means you have more of the chance to support him rather than draw into him.

It's practically whatever in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, TheVinceKnight said:

Not exaaactly

You have to consider numerous factors - like one, how it only works on class change, which means if your deck doesn't class change much or at all, the only time you'll get to do it is when you class change the main character, which is only on turn 2 or 3 depending on what deck you're playing.

Even then, all he turns out to be is just another unit to beat them down with. Class changing is already practically slow and unreliable - on top of the fact that he is 10 support, which means you have more of the chance to support him rather than draw into him.

It's practically whatever in my opinion.

Well if you pull him on your first hand along with a 3(2) version of your main character, you can promote and put him in on the second turn.  Turn 2 and you have a promoted MC, a 70 attack glorified baseball bat and your enemy can't move or crit your lord. Sounds pretty powerful, if a bit situational, IMO.

Just now, SalShich10N said:

Well if you pull him on your first hand along with a 3(2) version of your main character, you can promote and put him in on the second turn.  Turn 2 and you have a promoted MC, a 70 attack glorified baseball bat and your enemy can't move or crit your lord. Sounds pretty powerful, if a bit situational, IMO.

The thing is you have to draw into both Fred and your promotion - And if you want to maximise efficiency you'll have to run multiple copies of Frederick. If you're running a Main Character whose cards all have 10 supports, and four more Fredericks who also have 10 support, oh boy you'll be in a lot of pain. 

The thing is that he is just a beatstick in the end - A glorified one that just prevents your enemy from moving you, not like they would want to or anything. They just have to get past Frederick which isn't too much of a deal.

I wouldn't consider running four 10 supports in my deck just for a glorified beatstick, it simply isn't worth it. I'm sure people in Japan would feel the same. If this card actually had a shred of playability it would be in an aggressive type of deck, and I would hate to see the day that they promote that. Because they already did with Female Corrin.

New advertising posted for S8 reveal a couple things: New Larcei art, new Lucina and Ced cards, and officially official confirmation that the Lucina/Tiki art from the Cipher Sai playmat will be cards in S8 (as if there were any doubt).

Spoiler

ZTh6IEw.jpg

jionWax.png

Wow, a card that can untap itself for just two Yellow Bonds?

"That's busted!" I thought to myself.

And then I realized that it's just a 50-Attack Cost-3 card. I have great hopes for it, though. If it got a +20 easily, hoohooo boy, it's pretty good.

Just now, Yaen said:

Lucina R. So Tiki/Lucina Artwork is a R+ alternate artwork I think. ^^

Yeah, that's my thought, too. Which is great since it leaves open a lot of other SR possibilities. >.>