Cipher Series 8: April 20 - Promo Chrom in Dengeki Nintendo!

Kirie

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you know?

Mamori is a great MC to use Kellam in. Since you have Mamori and Draug deployed, you can deploy Kellam... and then he vanishes off your board.

15 hours ago, Kirie said:

Today's reveal is an R card for Kellam and a mysteriously blank R+ card...

bveJ7J3.png

It's so amazing.

But they look exactly the same.

Only 3 R cards left undiscovered for the Jugdral side. Surprisingly for the Awakening side foils are still mostly a mystery. The contenders all are: Delmund, Lester, Arthur, Patty, Leif, Nanna, Finn, Leen, Tinny, Sety,  Corple, Johan, Johalva, Hannibal, Areone and Ishtar.

It's sad to know that I will never again in my life know so much grief over cards not being shiny in a TCG ever again.

15 hours ago, SalShich10N said:

I was so terrified this card would end up as an SR, given how hard of a boner IS has for Owain. I am honestly so sick of him already.

Imo this is probably Owain's only good art, and I also feared the same thing especially since his already existing SR looks bad imo.

1 hour ago, Antinomy said:

Imo this is probably Owain's only good art, and I also feared the same thing especially since his already existing SR looks bad imo.

His old SR was done by Rika Suzuki and IS will always pretend her artwork amazing even when it isn't.

Hannibal looks totally dope, though. He looks western-style too, which is neat.

Edited by SalShich10N

12 hours ago, Antinomy said:

Basically my thoughts. Am kinda surprised I like the new card art lol.

Edited by Reloaded

With Hannibal's number announced, the numbering should end up something like this. 

B08-095 - Hannibal

B08-096 - Arvis

B08-097 - Julius (Imperial Prince)

B08-098 - Julius (Fire Mage)

B08-099 - Cipher Character

B08-100 - Cipher Character

I find it surprising that Ishtar seemingly didn't make the cut for this series. I had figured she was a sure thing for this set, but perhaps she's being saved for when they do a set featuring the less popular subs. 

16 minutes ago, Hardin said:

I find it surprising that Ishtar seemingly didn't make the cut for this series. I had figured she was a sure thing for this set, but perhaps she's being saved for when they do a set featuring the less popular subs. 

Or a Super Expensive PR.

Inb4 tonight reveal is Ishtar

Edited by SalShich10N

@Hardin:

I'm sorry but what? "Fire Mage"? I don't think that Julius has ever been depicted with a main weapon other than a darkness Tome of some sort. So wouldn't it make way more sense for a Level 1 version to stick with some sort of darkness Tome, if not the Loptyr itself?

Edited by RedEyedDrake

2 minutes ago, RedEyedDrake said:

@Hardin:

I'm sorry but what? "Fire Mage"? I don't think that Julius has ever been depicted with a main weapon other than a darkness tome of some sort.

There's no doubt that Julius won't get a promoted card either way, so more than likely either way - you know what he kind of implies :u

I'm just saying. The energy that the Level 1 version is depicted with is purple. So I'm pretty sure that this energy is supposed to be darkness elemental.

20 hours ago, RedEyedDrake said:

@Hardin:

I'm sorry but what? "Fire Mage"? I don't think that Julius has ever been depicted with a main weapon other than a darkness Tome of some sort. So wouldn't it make way more sense for a Level 1 version to stick with some sort of darkness Tome, if not the Loptyr itself?

The 1 cost card they showed during the presentation for Julius had his class as Fire Mage, same as Arvis's cost 1 card. 

3 hours ago, Hardin said:

The 1 cost card they showed during the presentation for Julius had his class as Fire Mage, same as Arvis's cost 1 card. 

http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Julius_(Cipher)

Yeah I forgot lower cost cards go after high cost ones for a second. Hardin's right. Julius Cost 1 is a Fire Mage.