Cipher Series 8: April 20 - Promo Chrom in Dengeki Nintendo!

Kirie

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given how similar the Jagen, Frederick and Gunter cards are? You'd think it would be obvious that we won't. A better question would be if we'll ever unpromoted versions of the likes of Astram, Midia and Jeorge. Or maybe the likes of Camus and Michalis. People with those sorts or roles. But unpromoted Jagens? Come on now.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

does anyone know if there will be promo cards in the may 2017 issues of Nintendo dream and dengeki Nintendo like last time?  I am not seeing anything mentioned in issue 4 and wanted to make sure I didn't miss it if there are cards.

13 minutes ago, Aquantis said:

does anyone know if there will be promo cards in the may 2017 issues of Nintendo dream and dengeki Nintendo like last time?  I am not seeing anything mentioned in issue 4 and wanted to make sure I didn't miss it if there are cards.

For what it's worth, I haven't heard anything about them either. If there wasn't a hint about it in the April issues, they may be putting it off for the June issues or so.

So, allow me to ponder on these with you guys.  Currently as far as we know on Awakening side goes:
Chrom has numbers 01-03, Lucina has numbers 04-05, Fredderick is 09, Virion is 10-11, Kellam is 19-20, Cherche is 28-29, Owain is 30, Noire is 36-37, Tiki is 39-40, Aversa is 45-46, Risen all take 47 and Cipher characters will be 49-50.

Now, a common trend on card numbers outside of highlighting the "heroine" of the set, is that characters are ordered by recruitment order. Between Lucina and Frederick there are 3 spaces, which will most likely be filled with FemRobin. Either two FRobin cards and one Lissa, or three FemRobin and no Lissa card. Between Virion and Kellam there is spaces 12-18, which is 7 cards. These fill up slots for Sully, Stahl, Miriel and Vaike and Sumia, and only Miriel seems to have two cards. Betwen Kellam and Cherche we have 7 more cards. Possible characters are Lon'qu, Ricken, Maribelle, Gaius, Panne, Cordelia, Gregor, Nowi, Tharja, Libra, and Olivia. Tough competition there. After Cherche, we know space 30  will be Henry. With children predicting numbers gets a bit difficult, but we know Owain is slot 33, Noire is 36-37 and Tiki starts at slot 39. This leaves for children units slots 31-32, 34-35 and 38 available, but Nah is most likely slot 38. This means either Gerome is 31-32, we don't get a good Morgan card and bad morgan is #48 or Gerome is 34-35 and we get a Good Morgan to accompany the bad Morgan card. After Tiki we have slots 41-44 available before Aversa, out of which we know one is Gangrel and two are Emmeryn. So keep your fingers cross and we might get a Walhart card, or maybe just an unpromoted Gangrel. Last slot available is 48 before the Cipher exclusives which might be anything between Grima, a super Risen or evil Morgan.

On Jugdral side we know cards 51-60 are Seliph, Julia, Ulster and Larcei. Between Lakche and Fee we have 7 cards corresponding to Oifey, Lana, Delmund and Lester, maybe even Arthur. I doubt JoJo brothers will get cards. After this it all gets very blurry because you get a shitload of characters in chapter 7, including the Leonster squad, Shannan, Patty, Aless and Leen. Shannan is a bad point of reference too since you get him along many others at the beggining, if we knew Aless's number it would be much clearer. I personally speculate numbers 70-75 are Arthur, Leaf and Nanna. We know Faval is 87-88 and Altenna, Corple and Hannibal are is 91-95 so 89-90 is most likely Sety himself. This leaves 96-98 for Julius and Alvis and 99-100 for Cipher exclusives. Mark my words Ishtar will be an expensive promo. Holy crap, this side has a lot of characters to cram.

Traditionally the promo exclusive character is someone from the first colour in each set. I genuinely believe that Ishtar is going to be saved for another set down the line, they can get a lot more money by making her a SR+, rather than making her some tourney promo. 

As for Walhart, Kawade showed off an illustration of Thief Gangrel months ago, so I imagine Walhart will either be P08-003PR or B09-050HN, like how Priam showed up alongside Ike in series 3. 

Looking into it more, the characters we've seen that don't have numbers are:

Ylisse: unpromoted Lucina, Female Robin, Great Knight Sully and Stahl, Warrior Vaike, Miriel (2x), Sumia (2x), unpromoted Kellam (20), Cordelia (seemingly SR), unpromoted Cherche (29), Dark Knight Henry, Laurent, Tiki (40), Nah, Gangrel (2x), Emmeryn (2x), and Future Past M!Morgan

Jugdral: Lana (2x), Oifey, unpromoted Larcei (60), Shannan (77), unpromoted Altena (92), Lester, Ares, Arthur, Ced, Julius, and Arvis

I suspect that Vaike will get two cards, because so far he only has one (from Awakening's starter deck). Olivia, Maribelle, Ricken, Libra, Yarne, Basilio, and Flavia also have only one card as well, so they might get multiple cards this time. Walhart or Yen'fay may be promo-exclusives or will be included with the Valentia characters next set.

As there are "only" 25 (non-substitute) characters in gen. 2 I also suspect that they'll all be included, since it seems that Julius and Arvis will be the only NPCs. Ishtar might be saved for if there's ever a villain-focused series in the future.

You think Cordelia will get yet a 3rd SR and they'll leave Tharja out of this set? Tharja is favored a bit too much for that in my eyes.

Where have we seen the other Sumia or a Cordelia card/art? The Sai deck used the Set 1 unpromoted Sumia, which lead me to believe Sumia will only get 1 card in this set.

7 minutes ago, SalShich10N said:

You think Cordelia will get yet a 3rd SR and they'll leave Tharja out of this set? Tharja is favored a bit too much for that in my eyes.

Where have we seen the other Sumia or a Cordelia card/art? The Sai deck used the Set 1 unpromoted Sumia, which lead me to believe Sumia will only get 1 card in this set.

It's in the image Yaen posted above:

On 3/3/2017 at 4:07 AM, Yaen said:

frontier_26_屍王クロムデッキレシピ

There are two Sumia cards and Cordelia's card seems to have the SR border... though Larcei's R has the SR border too so it might just be a mistake. I figure that Tharja will be included because IS can't seem to get enough of her, but I didn't mention her because we haven't seen her yet and she already has more than one card (and thus isn't worth mentioning; I didn't mention Gaius, Lon'qu, etc. either).

Edited by Lightchao42

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

It's in the image Yaen posted above:

There are two Sumia cards and Cordelia's card seems to have the SR border... though Larcei's R has the SR border too so it might just be a mistake. I figure that Tharja will be included because IS can't seem to get enough of her, but I didn't mention her because we haven't seen her yet and she already has more than one card (and thus isn't worth mentioning; I didn't mention Gaius, Lon'qu, etc. either).

The cost 1 Sumia and SR Cordelia are from Set 1. So are those Gerome cards and that Laurent is from Set 4.

Oh, now I feel silly. Why would they mix together old and new cards anyway? It's just going to confuse people (like me). Disregard the parts I said about Cordelia, Sumia, and Laurent then (though the two Geromes are apparently new, according to the Cipher wiki).

But I'm now under the impression that Sorcerer M!Morgan is 48, since I can't think of anywhere else to put him. It feels weird to not include Wyvern Lord F!Morgan in that case, so maybe she'll get a promo instead?

EDIT: Thinking about it more, there's a chance that M!Morgan and F!Morgan can be 31 and 32 (since Morgan was before Owain in Series 4), so in that case 48 can be Grima/Super Risen/someone else.

Edited by Lightchao42

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

Oh, now I feel silly. Why would they mix together old and new cards anyway? It's just going to confuse people (like me). Disregard the parts I said about Cordelia, Sumia, and Laurent then (though the two Geromes are apparently new, according to the Cipher wiki).

But I'm now under the impression that Sorcerer M!Morgan is 48, since I can't think of anywhere else to put him. It feels weird to not include Wyvern Lord F!Morgan in that case, so maybe she'll get a promo instead?

It's okay, it's an easy mistake to make. It's odd they used the new cost 1 Gerome, but the old promoted Gerome instead. It's likely that they used M!Morgan because they're using FemRobin, so they want to be consistent. Also because F!Morgan has already two cards and M!Morgan only has one.

Anyways I think the Yellow side might go a little bit something like this:

51 Seliph

52 Seliph
53 Seliph
54 Julia
55 Julia
56 Julia
57 Ulster
58 Ulster
59 Lakche
60 Lakche
61 Oifey
62 Delumd
63 Lester
64 Lena
65 Lena
66 Johan
67 Johalva
68 Fee
69 Fee
70 Arthur
71 Arthur
72 Leaf
73 Leaf
74 Nanna
75 Nanna
76 Shannan
77 Shannan
78 Shannan
79 Finn
80 Patty
81 Patty
82 Aless
83 Aless
84 Leen
85 Tinny
86 Tinny
87 Faval
88 Faval
89 Sety
90 Sety
91 Altenna
92 Altenna
93 Corpul
94 Corple
95 Hannibal
96 Alvis
97 Julius
98 Julius
99 Cipher
100 please for the love of god be Master Knight Lando

On 3/2/2017 at 3:48 AM, SalShich10N said:

Wouldn't you look at that. Hes the card number 10 in the set. This means we won't ever see an unpromoted Frederick card.

literally dying rn from this post

vince, astra, send help

Does anyone have any thoughts on who the last female SR will be?

(Assuming it will be a girl, which it would be, cause 4 male R cards have already been shown?? In both sets with uneven ratios only 3 male R. Could be wrong there.)

It could only be Patty, Nanna, Lene, Tine, or Lana (2 cards with N/HN borders have been seen, but after Larcei there is no trust). 

2 of them will also be R. I figure Lene will be one of them, but other than that, I am stumped.

1 hour ago, wumples said:

Does anyone have any thoughts on who the last female SR will be?

(Assuming it will be a girl, which it would be, cause 4 male R cards have already been shown?? In both sets with uneven ratios only 3 male R. Could be wrong there.)

It could only be Patty, Nanna, Lene, Tine, or Lana (2 cards with N/HN borders have been seen, but after Larcei there is no trust). 

2 of them will also be R. I figure Lene will be one of them, but other than that, I am stumped.

Chances are it's gonna be Julius, we already have 3 female SRs this set. Set 6 also had 4 dude SR cards. Sigurd, Quan, Levin, Alvis, Deirdre and Ayra. Seliph, Shannan, Julius, Julia, Larcei and Altenna for this set make sense.

Don't get your hopes up for gender equality either, as there are only 3 slots remaining for R cards and 2 of them might go to Leif and Sety. Really, all plot relevant females were Villians with the exception of Julia and Altenna. And both of them were enemy units as some point. Gen 2 is really a sausage fest when it comes to plot relevance, as no female unit can inherit a Holy Weapon with the exception of Altenna, Julia (who were predetermined by the game) and Larcei through a glitch.

Lana has already been shown to be HN/N, so only Patty, Nanna, Leen and Tine are left.  My hopes and dreams for the future hinge on the fact that Tinny gets a sparkly card, though Leen wouldn't be bad since she's easily the dancer that shows the most skin in the whole series. Patty is cute too, but I doubt she gets it. I'll be mad if Nanna gets it, like she can wait until Thracia sets for shiny cards as she most likely will get the designated heroine SR card there.

Edited by SalShich10N

10 hours ago, TheVinceKnight said:

I mean we could still technically see a low cost Frederick, just not at this point in time.

It would either be incredibly ass, because it's a cost 2, or really good, because it's a cost 1, and MCable.

4 hours ago, SalShich10N said:

Chances are it's gonna be Julius, we already have 3 female SRs this set. Set 6 also had 4 dude SR cards. Sigurd, Quan, Levin, Alvis, Deirdre and Ayra. Seliph, Shannan, Julius, Julia, Larcei and Altenna for this set make sense.

Don't get your hopes up for gender equality either, as there are only 3 slots remaining for R cards and 2 of them might go to Leif and Sety. Really, all plot relevant females were Villians with the exception of Julia and Altenna. And both of them were enemy units as some point. Gen 2 is really a sausage fest when it comes to plot relevance, as no female unit can inherit a Holy Weapon with the exception of Altenna, Julia (who were predetermined by the game) and Larcei through a glitch.

Lana has already been shown to be HN/N, so only Patty, Nanna, Leen and Tine are left.  My hopes and dreams for the future hinge on the fact that Tinny gets a sparkly card, though Leen wouldn't be bad since she's easily the dancer that shows the most skin in the whole series. Patty is cute too, but I doubt she gets it. I'll be mad if Nanna gets it, like she can wait until Thracia sets for shiny cards as she most likely will get the designated heroine SR card there.

But Larcei is B08-059R, unless it was changed and I didn't notice.

So probably an uneven SR ratio? I cannot imagine any of the remaining girls having one over Larcei.

1 hour ago, wumples said:

But Larcei is B08-059R, unless it was changed and I didn't notice.

So probably an uneven SR ratio? I cannot imagine any of the remaining girls having one over Larcei.

It reads R, but the card certainly looks like an SR.