Cipher Series 8: April 20 - Promo Chrom in Dengeki Nintendo!

Kirie

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, TheVinceKnight said:

I hope Larcei actually turns out to be a R just so you're proven wrong :u

I wouldn't mind either a new vein of R cards with full art look to them or Tinny to have the SR instead. She deserved something for winning her vendetta against Hilda.

13 hours ago, SalShich10N said:

Who in their right mind would want to promote from Dark Mage to Dark Knight?

1 hour ago, Motendra said:

Leo, apparently

uhm... what about "Lifetaker"? I'll always make sure my units get that skill before going to become a Sorcerer full-time.

4 hours ago, Motendra said:

Leo, apparently

And that's part of the reason why Leo is the worst Nohrian royal too. On his defense, though, Intelligent Systems wanted to make absolutely sure you wanted to use no magical class in Fates other than the DLC ones so 8 move is a decent argument. Why the hell does Dark Knight has more strength base and growth than a Paladin in Fates?

3 hours ago, Trymer said:

uhm... what about "Lifetaker"? I'll always make sure my units get that skill before going to become a Sorcerer full-time.

Ever since I began doing no-grind runs of Awakening I began to realize level 15 skills are just not worth suffering 15 levels of a sub-optimal class. Same goes for Sworfaire in Awakening. In Conquest Leo basically gets it by chapters 25-27, which is pretty much endgame, and you can buy Lifetaker online in that game.

2 hours ago, TheVinceKnight said:

I would.

Also gives more excuses to make alternate cards. Which is good.

You just want a swag popped collar, don't you?

Edited by SalShich10N

5 hours ago, SalShich10N said:

Ever since I began doing no-grind runs of Awakening I began to realize level 15 skills are just not worth suffering 15 levels of a sub-optimal class. Same goes for Sworfaire in Awakening. In Conquest Leo basically gets it by chapters 25-27, which is pretty much endgame, and you can buy Lifetaker online in that game.

yes, but in Fates the level doesn't reset, which means you're only in a sub-optimal class for 2-4 levels if you switch at lv 11-13 (depending if mage was your base class or not) and onward (you can re-class back at 15). so the comparison to Awakening is... sub-optimal in this case? ;)

as for online buying, yes that's always a nice option and I agree.
if however you do a no DLC & no Castle run then you can go out of your way for 4 levels to get it, if wanted that is.

Also oh dammm that looks awesome! I wonder if and how they are going to portray the Mage Fighter class, if they try to do that at all.
I don't think they will, seeing as for Grandmaster Robin they just switched the weapons between male and female Robin. but it would be cool though ^^

Edited by Trymer

2 hours ago, Kirie said:

Today's reveal is an R and R+ alt. art card for Tine (aka Tinny)! And it's by Mayo too. <3

bh06dcJ.png

YEEESSS

YEEESSS

And it totally looks Awesome too. A little iffy on the face when it comes to the R+, but nonetheless it's beautiful.

1 hour ago, Trymer said:

yes, but in Fates the level doesn't reset, which means you're only in a sub-optimal class for 2-4 levels if you switch at lv 11-13 (depending if mage was your base class or not) and onward (you can re-class back at 15). so the comparison to Awakening is... sub-optimal in this case? ;)

as for online buying, yes that's always a nice option and I agree.
if however you do a no DLC & no Castle run then you can go out of your way for 4 levels to get it, if wanted that is.

Also oh dammm that looks awesome! I wonder if and how they are going to portray the Mage Fighter class, if they try to do that at all.
I don't think they will, seeing as for Grandmaster Robin they just switched the weapons between male and female Robin. but it would be cool though ^^

I am not sure how you consider spending 4000 gold for 4 leveles a skill an "optimal" alterantive to just dealing with not having a skills. Reclassing ain't free, buddy.

You mean in Heroes or you mean in future games? Since, due to how classes work in FE4, Mage Fighter is essentially an intermediary class of unmounted Mage Knights and inferior Sages we might have to wait until Echoes revisions for FE4 to ever see it again. I hope we do because it'd be lame if they ever remake the games and they standardize classes the current way.

23 minutes ago, SalShich10N said:

I am not sure how you consider spending 4000 gold for 4 leveles a skill an "optimal" alterantive to just dealing with not having a skills. Reclassing ain't free, buddy.

You mean in Heroes or you mean in future games? Since, due to how classes work in FE4, Mage Fighter is essentially an intermediary class of unmounted Mage Knights and inferior Sages we might have to wait until Echoes revisions for FE4 to ever see it again. I hope we do because it'd be lame if they ever remake the games and they standardize classes the current way.

I thought we were talking about the issue of levels, not money? But yes I know reclassing isn't free xD
Makes me wonder how much Lifetaker costs to buy as well, it's probably more cost-efficient that way as well as in time and being in the sub-optimal class (which I already agreed on was the easier and better way).

keywords to consider in my earlier post are: If you're doing a specific type of run Then you can get it, If you want it.
meaning it falls to the person playing in question to consider whether it's worth the 4k gold and effort in that case.
In my personal opinion that means yes, in your personal opinion that means no. Agreed? I'd say agreed.

And I meant in Cipher, seeing as I was referring to Tine's (Tinny's) cards. Like will they name the class "Mage Fighter" like in the original Genealogy of the Holy War or will they do something else? and if so will they represent them with only tomes or will they also present them with swords for some cards? I hope that explains slightly better what I was trying to convey with that earlier message ^^"

edit: In googling how to write Mage Fighter in japanese it seems like they did classify the card as "Mage Fighter". so she atleast is portrayed with tomes as the main weapon. So that narrows down my question for speculation to if they will portray any Mage Fighter wielding swords in the future.

Edited by Trymer

7 hours ago, Trymer said:

I thought we were talking about the issue of levels, not money? But yes I know reclassing isn't free xD
Makes me wonder how much Lifetaker costs to buy as well, it's probably more cost-efficient that way as well as in time and being in the sub-optimal class (which I already agreed on was the easier and better way).

keywords to consider in my earlier post are: If you're doing a specific type of run Then you can get it, If you want it.
meaning it falls to the person playing in question to consider whether it's worth the 4k gold and effort in that case.
In my personal opinion that means yes, in your personal opinion that means no. Agreed? I'd say agreed.

And I meant in Cipher, seeing as I was referring to Tine's (Tinny's) cards. Like will they name the class "Mage Fighter" like in the original Genealogy of the Holy War or will they do something else? and if so will they represent them with only tomes or will they also present them with swords for some cards? I hope that explains slightly better what I was trying to convey with that earlier message ^^"

edit: In googling how to write Mage Fighter in japanese it seems like they did classify the card as "Mage Fighter". so she atleast is portrayed with tomes as the main weapon. So that narrows down my question for speculation to if they will portray any Mage Fighter wielding swords in the future.

The issue for me is that reclassing never has enough liberty to do it for the late skills to be a sensible reason to reclass. Lifetaker costs about 1000g, and I think 750 if bought from a castle battle. If it's about personal opinion then whatever is fine, if you want to go into opinions I personally believe Lifetaker isn't even all that good of a skill anyways. Very underwhelming in actual practice on both games it appears.

Tailto is a Mage Fighter in her class too, they are consistent with classes in that sense. I don't think any actual Mage Fighter has enough strengths to pull C rank swords. Like I told you Mage Fighter is mostly a "Sage-lite" class because Sages were reserved for special characters in the story (Levin, Sety, Hawk, Julia), much like how Swordmaster was reserved for special characters and Forrest/Heroes were the common characters.

Edited by SalShich10N

10 minutes ago, SalShich10N said:

The issue for me is that reclassing never has enough liberty to do it for the late skills to be a sensible reason to reclass. Lifetaker costs about 1000g, and I think 750 if bought from a castle battle. If it's about personal opinion then whatever is fine, if you want to go into opinions I personally believe Lifetaker isn't even all that good of a skill anyways. Very underwhelming in actual practice on both games it appears.

I had it on Nah in Awakening, she could take a few hits on EP phase and then get the health back easily on PP. I can't remember if I ran a lot of healers so that was a nice touch for me, which in turn made me value the skill, because it had a practical use for me.

Tailto is a Mage Fighter in her class too, they are consistent with classes in that sense. I don't think any actual Mage Fighter has enough strengths to pull C rank swords. Like I told you Mage Fighter is mostly a "Sage-lite" class because Sages were reserved for special characters in the story (Levin, Sety, Hawk, Julia), much like how Swordmaster was reserved for special characters and Forrest/Heroes were the common characters.

oh yeh, I missed that. hmmm interesting, I've never played Genealogy except for the prologue and seeing some random bits of chapters here and there on youtube (can't remember if it was by Ghast or Mageknight, small chance it was Mangs). I might need to go and get it to go and play it :D

38 minutes ago, Trymer said:

I had it on Nah in Awakening, she could take a few hits on EP phase and then get the health back easily on PP. I can't remember if I ran a lot of healers so that was a nice touch for me, which in turn made me value the skill, because it had a practical use for me.

oh yeh, I missed that. hmmm interesting, I've never played Genealogy except for the prologue and seeing some random bits of chapters here and there on youtube (can't remember if it was by Ghast or Mageknight, small chance it was Mangs). I might need to go and get it to go and play it :D

Yeah, but you also had Sol, which proccd very reliable thanks to how inflated stat skill. You got it on Hero, which was a great class on it's own. You also got it early, only 5 levels in and most importantly you healed during the opponent turn, meaning you could literally dump your units versus the enemy and they'll survive. Lifetaker in my eyes never did anything a Mend/Recover/Physic staff couldn't do and didn't do anything Nosferatu didn't do better either. One very valuable thing I must give to Lifetaker is that it allows units to ram headfirst into Counter without fear to the enemy turn, which was useful in my first Conquest run as Leo could kill those Golems with Countermagic on his own, but it was very situational.

Do give it a try, it's an experience you cannot miss. Watching a lets play will never even come close to equate the hype of playing a game yourself, specially a captivating grand adventure like FE4 and FE5. The prologue is kinda slow, but in my eyes the hype of FE4 starts in chapter 1 once you get Lex a Brave Axe and begin to realize just how strong Sigurd really is.

Sigurd my be the most broken lord :).  Also, realize that in genealogy, there are no promotion trees.  each unit has it's own class it promotes to (those that are not prepromotes), so it is not class based like other games.  Oh, and many things in the game are .... unbalanced (holy weapons, and master knights especially).

Love that tinny!  I am still hopefully that we will get an Ishtar SR to be paired with Yurius (though that's looking less likely we will even get Ishtar now).

35 minutes ago, Aquantis said:

Sigurd my be the most broken lord :).  Also, realize that in genealogy, there are no promotion trees.  each unit has it's own class it promotes to (those that are not prepromotes), so it is not class based like other games.  Oh, and many things in the game are .... unbalanced (holy weapons, and master knights especially).

Love that tinny!  I am still hopefully that we will get an Ishtar SR to be paired with Yurius (though that's looking less likely we will even get Ishtar now).

Has Fire Emblem ever been balanced? The only one that ever comes close is maybe Path of Radiance if you decide to avert your eyes from normal Laguz units. Unbalanced games always makes for fun times, which is why the 2nd gen can be so entertaining (a Sety so fast he loops back to his base speed and can STILL cap Speed 100% of the time is amazing).

If Ishtar gets the SR then that means Julius doesn't gets one, because we already know of 5 SRs out of 6 (Seliph, Julia, Shanam, Aletenna and Larcei. Well, some doubt Larcei). I wouldn't put it beyond them, either as Isthar is too good of a waifu.

2 hours ago, Aquantis said:

Lakche is an R as has been reviled already, so we only know of 4 SRs though Yurius is practically guaranteed a SR

Jokes aside, you guys really think she's an R and its not just a common pre-release misprint in text? Did they stated anything?

2 hours ago, SalShich10N said:

Jokes aside, you guys really think she's an R and its not just a common pre-release misprint in text? Did they stated anything?

Nothing has been official said, but as someone who has worked on graphic design, I think it's a lot more plausible that they accidentally forgot to toggle on the correct border than that a mistake was made with the rarity typing. We'll be finding out soon regardless.

Today's reveal is an SR for Female Robin! The face is a bit weird, but she's still cute. <3

JcxEu2i.png

Worth noting that this is the 6th and final Awakening SR, but we're still missing a couple for Genealogy. Part of me is still holding out hope for an Ishtar SR.

Edited by Kirie

5 hours ago, Kirie said:

Nothing has been official said, but as someone who has worked on graphic design, I think it's a lot more plausible that they accidentally forgot to toggle on the correct border than that a mistake was made with the rarity typing. We'll be finding out soon regardless.

I was thinking that they might have make a mistake on the label for the card number. Text errors are a common mistake in TCGs after all

1 hour ago, Antinomy said:

Was really hoping on a Grima SR

Dat ZR, tho. We might get a Grima R if we believe hard enough.

So, today's card is Grima, and I guess the card/art can be considered plot spoilers for Awakening, so I'm being more cautious about throwing it around. Check it out in the spoiler below!

Spoiler

cVYYvyD.png